The long wait has officially begun :(

Guest IceBreakerG

Guest IceBreakerG

My YHM SS Phantom came in to my dealer this week along with the Form 3 he was waiting on. We got the Form 4 paperwork started Thursday, I went down to 201 Poplar yesterday after work to get my background check, finger print cards and the sheriff's signature (wasn't the sheriff, but good enough I guess) and took that back to the dealer along with my $200 check. The hardest part is being able to see it, touch it, play with it, mount it on my rifle, etc, but not be able to take it home. If I'm lucky, the ATF will approve my paperwork by my birthday and I'll have it then. So now the wait has begun, and it already sucks (sucked pretty bad the first time too, and if you couldn't tell, this is my 2nd suppressor). Anyway, I was able to get a couple of pictures with it on my rifle, so here they are (click the thumbnails to see the full size):

thumbs_img_0491.jpg thumbs_img_0492.jpg thumbs_img_0495.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IceBreakerG

It's too late for that, pretty sure it's already been mailed lol. But thanks. I sent the first one off, but since my dealer is the one taking care of everything and seems to be pretty thorough he wanted to do it. I thought about doing a SBR, but it's a little too late now, unless I can re-register my lower as a SBR.

Got my Phantom last week...been shooting it all week. I bought several of the mounts so I have treid it on several .22 rifles and .22 pistols. Did not bring my 556 this weekend, so I have not tried it on the .223, but it is 'click, click, click' on the buckmark and smith 622.:D

It's too late for that, pretty sure it's already been mailed lol. But thanks. I sent the first one off, but since my dealer is the one taking care of everything and seems to be pretty thorough he wanted to do it. I thought about doing a SBR, but it's a little too late now, unless I can re-register my lower as a SBR.

It’s never too late. Use a form 1 and have your lower engraved.

Guest IceBreakerG
Nice looking rig. I just placed an order and it should arrive at my dealer any day now. You're at least a week ahead of me!

Well, I actually paid for the suppressor back in November, so it took almost 2 months for my dealer to actually get the part. I'm hoping it doesn't take another 4-6 months (he said he's been seeing about 3 months or so with his last few transfers).

Got my Phantom last week...been shooting it all week. I bought several of the mounts so I have treid it on several .22 rifles and .22 pistols. Did not bring my 556 this weekend, so I have not tried it on the .223, but it is 'click, click, click' on the buckmark and smith 622.:)

That's awesome. I have a spike's tactical .22LR conversion kit in it right now (my 5.56 bolt is sitting on my desk lol). I also have a mite suppressor for my P22, but it's not very quiet (quiet enough I guess with subsonic). What kind of ammo were you using to play around with? I have 3 or 4 boxes of the federal 550rd bulk pack that's unopened, so I have plenty of ammo, but it's super sonic, so I'm sure there will be a crack. Also, how do you like the phantom so far? I really wanted an AAC M4-2000, but at the same time couldn't justify the money for what I'd be using it for ($1200 on something I'll mostly be shooting .22 out of isn't really a good buy), and the phantom seemed to offer the best price-to-performance ratio of the cans I was looking at.

It’s never too late. Use a form 1 and have your lower engraved.

Never too late, but at the same time, I don't want to pay another $200 right now lol. The 16" barrel isn't too bad, but it wouldn't be bad if it was a little shorter, but it's ok. If I build another upper, I'll probably build it in 6.8mm (7.62 is big and expensive).

IBG, did you go with the 7.62 SS Phantom? I was able to take mine home last week. I love it. It was a little louder on the 5.56 than on the 7.62. Overall, I am happy with the can. Just wish the QD adapters had a smaller profile.

Good luck on getting it processed quick...

The hardest part is being able to see it, touch it, play with it, mount it on my rifle, etc, but not be able to take it home. If I'm lucky, the ATF will approve my paperwork by my birthday and I'll have it then. So now the wait has begun, and it already sucks (sucked pretty bad the first time too, and if you couldn't tell, this is my 2nd suppressor). Anyway, I was able to get a couple of pictures with it on my rifle, so here they are (click the thumbnails to see the full size):

Ahhh yes, I remember my conjugal visits with my suppressor. ;)

I hope your approval goes faster than mine did: 4 months for form4 approval with a paperwork correction.

Guest IceBreakerG
Good luck, I am in the 9th month waiting on my stamp.

9 Months??? Are you sure they didn't lose your paperwork?

IBG, did you go with the 7.62 SS Phantom? I was able to take mine home last week. I love it. It was a little louder on the 5.56 than on the 7.62. Overall, I am happy with the can. Just wish the QD adapters had a smaller profile.

Good luck on getting it processed quick...

Thanks. I got the 5.56 suppressor. I didn't really want to spend the extra $100 for the 7.62 can, and at the time, I wasn't planning on getting another one, but now, if I build a 6.8 sbr, I'll need to get another one, unless the 5.56 can be modified/bored out a little to accommodate the slightly larger round. Not sure if that's a good idea though. The 5.56 phantom flash hider isn't too bad (makes the rifle look noticeably different too with it on). But from what I've seen, the only reason the 5.56 suppressor won't fit on the 7.62 mount is because the 7.62 mount is longer (as is the actual can). But yeah, smaller would be better, but it's not too much of a problem with the 5.56 version.

Ahhh yes, I remember my conjugal visits with my suppressor. ;)

I hope your approval goes faster than mine did: 4 months for form4 approval with a paperwork correction.

Yeah, I've had one, but I don't know if I'll have another before the paperwork comes back. School and work will keep me pretty busy, plus looking for a house too. Should help keep my mind off of things. But thanks. I hope it goes faster than 4 months too. My birthday is in 3 lol.

Guest IceBreakerG

Well, the paperwork was given to my dealer on Friday, assuming he got it sent off Friday evening or Saturday morning (I'm not sure which day it was sent), and the ATF has already gotten it and deposited my check (I saw that it went through today when I was checking my account for something else). The weird thing is it didn't go through like a regular check, it went through as a direct deposit from the check, so I don't have a copy of it. Weird. Either way, I'm hoping that means this process will go much faster than I thought, but I'll try not to get my hopes up.

• 2 months later...
Guest IceBreakerG

Just wanted to give an update and let everyone know my wait is finally over. The ATF approved my paperwork on March 28th, and I was able to get my suppressor today when the paperwork came in the mail to my dealer. The total time for the ATF portion was approximately 2.5 months (January 14th to March 28th). Now I can't wait to shoot it.

Good luck, I am in the 9th month waiting on my stamp.

Something is seriously wrong!!! You need to call them ASAP.

Have they cashed your check? If so then there is something wrong with your paperwork. If not then they never received your packet. You would have been denied a long time ago if you were going to be denied.

Transfers are taking 3-4 months unless there is a problem and it sounds like there is a serious problem somewhere in your process. In some cases they will put the problems in a folder and forget about them. And sometimes the only way you will find out is when you call for a status check.

Here is a running thread of NFA wait times:

New NFA Timelines thread: post-Nov. 5, 2009 - Page 50 - AR15.COM

Dolomite

• 5 weeks later...