What is your gun buying plan for 2008?

Guest m4coyote

Guest EasilyObsessed

Id like to pick up a rifle chambered for 308, an extra AR lower or two, better optic for the current AR, and a bunch of extra magazines for the firearms I already own.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scottech

My gun buying plans for 2008...anything my budget and local gun store and gun show can support. It's mostly adding accessories on to my "Black Rifle".

Guest gcrookston

I've got YHM suppressor coming in for my Tactical, would like to find another P.38 (ac43), but I generally go looking for one thing and come home with another.

My wife saw the post about the DPMS Panther..so now I'm on a mission to buy one...its going to have to be match grade .308..more than likely with an adjustable stock so that she can fit it to her with decent optics since she likes to shoot long range.

Looks like the DSA receiver will have to wait..AGAIN.

:eek:

Current budget, Says probably Zero firearms this year.

I'm about in the same boat since I have a Jeep to build that I want to have finished by middle of the year. I do plan on making it to a couple of different gun sales here and there to see what I can find, and I'd also like to find a good AK, and a couple of AR's........maybe M4 or something similar. Just gotta see what the budget looks like. I also need a good SXS 12ga..........I think I need a second job, maybe even a third. :eek:

Guest atomemphis
Try and squeeze out $100-150 and get an AR lower. You might not be able to get one next year. ;)

What's a good lower for that price?

And in my camp, I'm about to get a Kimber 1911, and an AK mid-summer. That AR Lower idea has my wheels a-turnin' though. :(

Guest Crunchman
Planned buys this year:

Kimber - already in layaway

AR upper - haven't decided what caliber yet

Reloading supplies - buy as needed to keep up present levels

Unplanned buys:

Any decent milsurp Mausers and Mossberg .22's that I happen across (already found 2 Mausers since the new year started, a Czech 98-22 and a Spanish 1916)

Another of those unplanned buys happened a couple of days ago. Went to the shop (Parkway Gun and Pawn, Jackson) to pay on my Kimber and noticed a long barrel AR in the rack. It was a 20" heavy barreled Bushmaster with all the bells and whistles and a 3x9 Leatherwood ART scope. John had such a good price on it (it's an unclaimed pawn) that I now have 2 layaways there. I have no resistance and the bad (good) thing is, my wife encourages me, as long as the bills are paid.

I have a feeling that I'll be replacing my AK with an FN SLP shotgun in 2008. Might buy another pistol (XD-9 SubCompact or Browning Buckmark)... or a revolver (S&W .357mag J or K-frame). I don't think I'll keep any rifles other than the Marlin 1984.

Other than that, I plan on shooting what I have as much as possible, and collect a few more holsters/accessories.

No AR in your future after the AK is gone?!?

Naw, I've had ARs... and I like my AK better than them. I like the idea of having a cool rifle, but my shooting habits don't really fit the need for one. I'm a handgunner who likes to shoot skeet too. 3-gun is fun, but I'd be just as happy doing the handgun only sports like IDPA and IPSC... I'd have more fun with 3-gun if a pistol-caliber carbine was allowed.

I don't know why... gut for some strange reason I had you pegged

as a rifleman. Living in a rual area, rifles are like rakes and shovels.

Seems like it just wouldn't be the same around the old place if there wasn't

one or two around the place. But the 1894's are pretty fun guns. :shrug:

Another of those unplanned buys happened a couple of days ago. Went to the shop (Parkway Gun and Pawn, Jackson) to pay on my Kimber and noticed a long barrel AR in the rack. It was a 20" heavy barreled Bushmaster with all the bells and whistles and a 3x9 Leatherwood ART scope. John had such a good price on it (it's an unclaimed pawn) that I now have 2 layaways there. I have no resistance and the bad (good) thing is, my wife encourages me, as long as the bills are paid.

What model kimber are you getting? I plan on going back up there sat. to hopefully buy one. I was told they were supposed to order some more monday but I don't know when they were supposed to be in.

Guest Crunchman
What model kimber are you getting? I plan on going back up there sat. to hopefully buy one. I was told they were supposed to order some more monday but I don't know when they were supposed to be in.

I got the CDP II Custom Shop. Couldn't stand it and got it out of layaway today. They have 2 more CDP II's in. One was bought (by a friend of mine) and brought back the very next day. Said he didn't like the way it takes down. You might get a deal on that one, who knows?

Guest HexHead

In keeping with my plan, I picked up another stripped AR lower at the gun show today.

Hopefully I can find a good deal on a Sig 556 over the next couple of weeks. For some reason the dealers around here seem to think they're worth $200-300 over MSRP?

Guest scarabatwork

Well, I just bought parts to put together my first AR. I would like to find a Rem. 700 and maybe a M1, but I think I'm going to focus on projects like this AR and fixing up one of my SKS's a bit.