What is your gun buying plan for 2008?

Guest m4coyote

Guest m4coyote

I don't know about you guys, but I am fearful of not being able to purchase cool guns in the near future. My list for 2008 is building along these lines:

1. FN PS90 and four 50 round mags

2. FN SCAR H and five mags

3. FN SCAR L and five mags (unless they are AR15 mags)

4. Sig 556

5. Massada ( if it is on time)

6. 20 or 30 additional Glock mags

7. Bulk packs of bullets

8. Bulk cannisters of powder

9. Bulk packs of brass cases

10. Bulk packs of assorted primers

Any other suggestions for the list would be appreciated. I intend to purchase the PS90 & mags, and the Sig 556 very soon. If the SCAR H, SCAR L, and Massada are released before the impending ban, then they will be added as soon as possible. Small parts kits will also be purchased for the above rifles. The reloading supplies will be purchased within the next couple of months.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going into panic mode, there are a couple of things I want to buy this year that were on my list anyway. I'm gonna pick up an ak and an ar lower for a projected build. I have to restock on reloading supplies soon, so I'll be doing that just as I would have anyway. I guess the only thing that could be considered driven by the election would be the ak, I've always wanted one but I've just never gotten around to picking one up. Now I have a good reason to justify it with she who must be obeyed. :)

ach! Doughnut, why the glocks? If you have time when I am home, I would love to invite you out to the range and allow me to turn you to the dark side:devil: and let you shoot some really great pistols that are actually safe to shoot and extremely accurate and reliable. :P

I have already started my buying.. I bought my wife a sig-sauer .22 mosquito, (she's in on it too) she bought me my Springfield EMP.

I now need to work on my long guns. I have an Imbel parts kit for a FN-STG58 that I intend to build (DSA Reciever) and I want to pick up an M1a Scout.

other than that, I think about 5k rounds for .45,9mm (euroweeny), and .308.

I also want to pick up a nice .22 rifle for my wife so she doesn't feel so guilty about shooting the ammo..probably a CZ bolt action or if she wants an auto, I haven't really looked into them..so I'll defer my judgment.

we already have 2 .45 pistols that are Uber accurate and so reliable that its hard to imagine them doing anything but going bang.

same with 9mm.

I don't have reloading gear yet, but I'm working on that with Marswolf...he's selling me his setup for a great price, when I can get the money to him when I recover from the huge tv my wife bought.

:)

Edited by towerclimber37
cause I can't type
Guest TN.Frank

I've kind of gotten out of guns over the last few years. I guess because over the last 25 years I've bought so many and taken such a loss when I've sold em' that I'm just getting tired of lossing all that money. I'm down to to right now, not counting the old single barrel 12ga that I got when dad passed away. I've got a Mossberg 500 camo turkey gun with two bbls. and the S&W 64 that I just picked up. I may or may not try pickin' up a rifle of somekind. Since I don't hunt much if any I really don't NEED a rifle but it'd still be fun to have something. I'd like to get a small 38spl to pack as my CCW gun but other then that the two I've got will do.

What I"m really going to get into is shooting more and loading more for the 38Spl. It's not so much how many you've got as to how much you use and practice with em'.

Guest Halfpint

Getting my two guns out of layaway at the shop, first off. After that, the things that require paperwork . . .

-.22 suppressor of some flavor.

-Having the 870 currently in layaway cut down to 14 (possibly 12.5) inches.

-.45ACP suppressor.

After that, I'm sticking with the plan I had from this time last year.

-Remington 5R, Leupold 10x40 (because "sniper rifles" are evil, too . . . )

-H&K USP Compact Tactical

-Sig 556, EOTech, and backup iron sights, with a half-dozen quality magazines.

-Springfield M1A, also with a half-dozen quality magazines.

With assorted pistols and revolvers in 9mm/.357 and .45ACP thrown in, a spare 870, and a case each of ball in every caliber. And of course I'll keep 230-grain Golden Saber, 168-grain match BTHP, and a handful of 2-3/4" shells in #4 flavor for "serious social interaction."

Getting my two guns out of layaway at the shop, first off. After that, the things that require paperwork . . .

-.45ACP suppressor.

Be wary of suppressed .45

Most .45 pistol cans need to be shot wet to be hearing safe. I suppressed a .45 AR-15 and ended up going integral just to achieve the level of suppression I was looking for.

On my list for this year is a 9mm pistol of some sort, but who knows what else will end up in the safe.

After picking up a Sabre lower to complete the Ko-Tonics/Cardinalarmory 6.8 SPC upper, I'm pretty much through my list. I'd still like a 1911, but i don't see those as being a problem in the future.

If money were no object, my list would be more idealistic and less realistic. However, if that were the case I wouldn't have a list anyway!

I gots bills to pay, so a few "important" AR parts, so that if anything weird happens.....you know. That is all unless I can get the debt thing paid down quicker.

Guest Crunchman

Planned buys this year:

Kimber - already in layaway

AR upper - haven't decided what caliber yet

Reloading supplies - buy as needed to keep up present levels

Unplanned buys:

Any decent milsurp Mausers and Mossberg .22's that I happen across (already found 2 Mausers since the new year started, a Czech 98-22 and a Spanish 1916)

I am dying to get an AR calibered in 308, if anyone know where i can get one with a 24" barrel that would be great. I already bought a 1911 this year. Plus I am thinking about getting a new bolt action rifle, plus a sniper style scope for the ar.

Guest Glknknox
I am dying to get an AR calibered in 308, if anyone know where i can get one with a 24" barrel that would be great. I already bought a 1911 this year. Plus I am thinking about getting a new bolt action rifle, plus a sniper style scope for the ar.

DPMS LR 308 is the way to go.

I have the guns, just plan on buying more ammo. (Like I don't have enough now)

Guest bkelm18

I'm not going to buy anything out of my ordinary buying cycles. Even if Hitlary gets elected, it will be quite some time before an Assault Weapons Ban is instituted if one does. I'm in no rush.

I second the bills to pay. I will probably be looking into more magazines, ammo, and other accessories to add to the fun i already have. A nice gun isn't much good without the ammo to feed it and in the case of a rifle a good scope. Gun club membership is also on my list because it is high in Shelby County at Memphis Sports Shooting Association (about what i could buy a new gun for, but i need a place to shoot what i have).