He liked it in Egypt

Glenn

It seems that O is so pleased with what has happened in Egypt. The people have spoken. I wonder if a few million of us ran around in the streets screaming if he would be happy to step down?

Note: Just a question not a suggestion. (Got to be PC):D

Glenn

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that many world leaders are worried about what has happened in Egypt. I know that the Castro family in Cuba is worried that the Cuban people may follow Egypt's lead. The trouble with American's is that it is hard to get them too excited about anything unless it's for something like American Idol or some other worthless reason. If American's do ever get to that point I can assure you they wont be riding camels and throwing rocks at each other, that is why the current administration is going to push gun control. A million people protesting and fighting in the streets of an American city would be much different.

That's funny because I was wondering the same thing.

Co workers have wondered the same thing.

Another co worker had an idea that many years ago in a dark smoky room republicans and democrats got together and divided out allot of issues and said these are yours and these are ours. That should keep about half the people on your side and half on our side. That will keep them all fighting among themselves and we can keep laughing all the way to the bank promising them everything while blaming each other.

When he said that, I thought it was a follow up to way they used to allow states to enter the union before the Civil War, one Free, one Slave to keep a balance of power, since that was ended, that is when they divided issues and now we are no longer divided as much at state level but divided at the issues.

I think that many world leaders are worried about what has happened in Egypt. I know that the Castro family in Cuba is worried that the Cuban people may follow Egypt's lead. The trouble with American's is that it is hard to get them too excited about anything unless it's for something like American Idol or some other worthless reason. If American's do ever get to that point I can assure you they wont be riding camels and throwing rocks at each other, that is why the current administration is going to push gun control. A million people protesting and fighting in the streets of an American city would be much different.

Much different.

The difference is Americans don't know the true oppression necessary to march the streets. Since the 60s when African Americans did such, we all have it "good enough". I mean lets face it, overthrowing your government doesn't automatically mean you are now free and you get your way. It could very easily be just as bad or worse.

There is a constitutional means for removing politicians from office. It is called elections.

Well, this is true but, when for the most part you vote out a turkey and only have another turkey to replace it with, then what. All I see is an unending parade of turkeys that will get voted in and voted right back out. Meanwhile, nothing improves.

Note: I am not saying that everyone of them is a turkey, there are undoubtedly some good ones, but those are few and far between.

Well, this is true but, when for the most part you vote out a turkey and only have another turkey to replace it with, then what. All I see is an unending parade of turkeys that will get voted in and voted right back out. Meanwhile, nothing improves.

Note: I am not saying that everyone of them is a turkey, there are undoubtedly some good ones, but those are few and far between.

When/if enough the American people started paying attention and voting them out after one term they would get the message. The problem is too many people don't care enough to pay attention to the issues and vote. Until that happens nothing will change.

When/if enough the American people started paying attention and voting them out after one term they would get the message. The problem is too many people don't care enough to pay attention to the issues and vote. Until that happens nothing will change.

I doubt the first sentence because I think you could chisel it in stone and put it on their desk - and they still wouldn't get it but, I agree wholeheartedly with the other two.