Gas Prices

strickj

My Dad and I were discussing (reads bitching) gas prices today. 3.14 when I filled up over the weekend. I miss the days of putting a dollar in my motorcycle and having enough to last for the entire week. :D

We both agreed that gas prices will hit 5.00 per gallon by this time next year... which is what the former press. of Shell said back in December.

With that, I thought I could make a little contest out of it.

At what point do you think gas will hit the 5.00 mark(nat.avg)?

Winner will receive a jar of Vaseline.

Guest josh123

i wouldnt have any idea when itll hit but its killin me.. cost me 67.00 to fill up yesterday and i get 8mpg 230-240 miles per tank i fill up twice a week...(99 f150 fx4 with pipes and mud tires).. maybe this is my excuse to buy my G35 ive been wanting haha

gasoline is crack to an addicted nation. Be glad it is not already five bucks or more per gallon. I mean really what could you do? Stop driving? Not likely.

I suppose if it got that bad I would just have to sleep over at work through the week.

There is no public transportation that is viable for around here.

We'll get use to $3.50 fuel this year and next. Then we will be bitching when it's $5.00 in 2013. By 2015 we'll have our own oil reserves pumping but fuel won't drop in price.

Keep in mind that about .20 cents is also in TAXES. :mad:

Nashville Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Tennessee

To add to your madness, the ethanol (10%) that is now in fuels is eating away various rubber materials in your older car and motorcycle. Our friends in congress is trying to raise that to 15% and determined to destroy your vintage car or bike.

Strangely, non-ethanol fuel it priced higher. :tough:

Guest Revelator

The days of cheap energy and cheap food are over. For us now we just feel gradual pinches, but I really wonder what it's going to be like in 50-100 years on this planet. 80 million more people are added to the Earth each year. I've read some about peak oil and am not sure what the situation is exactly. But if the world starts to run out of oil and they haven't found a viable substitute, it could be the end of civilization. We're that dependent on it.

I cannot even find non ethanol fuel here anymore.

The Sunoco down the street no longer has it, and the Weigels up the street no longer has it. Though the Weigles still claims it on the pumps but not on the marquee sign board. My MPG's are telling me it has ethanol too.

Over five bucks by Labor Day 2011

Brazil and Venezuela runs millions of cars off of alternative and cheap fuels. We could too if the oil lobby was not so strong and Americans did not trust their political parties so much.

Chavez provides very cheap fuel for his people while our leaders and lobbyist get fat off of our laziness/ignorance.

Guest manofsteel

try filling up my f350 fx4 diesel i can barely buy a coffee with the change from a $100.00 bill. i drive 72 miles one way to work. but i drive my 94 geo metro to work 51mpg. not going to move been driving 17 years to late to change. maybe i should get a horse? :tough:

Guest josh123

truth is they could make cars run on water if they really wanted to.. everytime someone comes up with something new the major companies buy out the rights to the idea so it doesnt hurt them.. in their eyes its screw everyone else

How was chevy forced to kill the electric car?????????

Fact Check: The Chevy Volt scored Motor Trend 2011 Car of the Year award; Car & Driver 2011 Top Ten award; North American Auto Show Car of the Year award. A total of 8 awards so far and yet you say it is dead. Where do you get your info?

I drive a Mazda3 and 67 Mustang so I'm not a Volt fan, just lookin for some straight shootin'

... I've read some about peak oil and am not sure what the situation is exactly. But if the world starts to run out of oil and they haven't found a viable substitute, it could be the end of civilization. We're that dependent on it.

One definition of peak oil is when the oil producers and speculators can still make more money per barrel of crude but the rank and file can only afford to use less. Which of course has already occurred.

It's not just oil. We've over-driven the planet on pretty much everything. It doesn't matter how much of any particular thing is left, once getting it to the end users costs too much for the majority to afford it. I call it economic environmentalism. Although energy will always be numero uno, as it is the driver for every other product usage on earth.

And yeah, at some point, barring a major practical breakthrough for energy, the only possible outcome is fewer of us.

- OS

Guest mosinon
One definition of peak oil is when the oil producers and speculators can still make more money per barrel of crude but the rank and file can only afford to use less. Which of course has already occurred.

It's not just oil. We've over-driven the planet on pretty much everything. It doesn't matter how much of any particular thing is left, once getting it to the end users costs too much for the majority to afford it. I call it economic environmentalism. Although energy will always be numero uno, as it is the driver for every other product usage on earth.

And yeah, at some point, barring a major practical breakthrough for energy, the only possible outcome is fewer of us.

- OS

yeah, even with a big breakthrough at some point there will just have to be less people. The only question is when. Nature corrects these things sooner or later.

How was chevy forced to kill the electric car?????????

Fact Check: The Chevy Volt scored Motor Trend 2011 Car of the Year award; Car & Driver 2011 Top Ten award; North American Auto Show Car of the Year award. A total of 8 awards so far and yet you say it is dead. Where do you get your info?

I drive a Mazda3 and 67 Mustang so I'm not a Volt fan, just lookin for some straight shootin'

I am speaking of the original electric car that they produced. The car was leased not sold. The oil lobby ensured that patents were purchased and the right people were paid off to guarantee that the car would never be available to the public in a affordable platform. If I am correct all but one car was collected and destroyed.

Edited by LINKS2K