Sig, Glock and Ruger content...

Guest ErikH

Well being a fairly new member here and this being my first post I figured i'd show some of what I'm working with...

Sig P229 Elite Dark 9mm

Glock 19 Gen4

Ruger LCP

cee4d66d.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice set up! Have you found the new finish Glock is using to be prone to scratching? I have a gen 3 glock 19 with the shiny black finish, I've carried it for almost a year and it shows very little holster wear. However I have 2 gen 4 glocks with the new grey finish and both guns are showing holster wear after being carried just a handful of times.

It looks like your Gen 4 19 has the new finish so I was just curious.

To the OP, nice pistols. Looks like 3 good choices.

To Knoxville Eric: I have a Gen 4 17 and I haven't noticed any difference in the finish between it and my Gen 3 guns. I haven't carried it often (usually carry my 19) but I happen to have it with me today and it still looks brand new.

Erik88,

I'll echo JReed's comment by saying that with everyday leather holster carry under my jacket I haven't seen any wear on the slide. I did have an old 3rd Gen 26 that developed slide wear from a SERPA, but nothing yet with leather on the 19.

well you guys are lucky! There have been several threads on Glocktalk about the new finish. One guy posted pictures of his gun with the new finish. He had a few spots of minor holster wear on the gun that rusted. It looked terrible. Anyways, didn't mean to derail the thread.

Eric, has your Gen419 given you any problems? I hear they had some spring issues early on. Seem to be corrected now though.

My 17 was a very early Gen 4 and I did call Glock and have them send me an updated recoil spring, (had strange creaking noises with the first one but no malf.) Both the 17 and 19 Gen 4s were initially shipping with recoil springs that were sometimes too stiff for lower-powered target ammo but worked fine for the hot stuff. Again, I never had malfunctions with mine even using wally-world ammo, but the Glock rep I dealt with said that the 9mms initially had the same recoil spring as the .40 which could lead to problems. I think they have corrected the issue by going to a slightly lighter spring for the 9mm and I'm satisfied that a solution is a phone call away for anyone that does have an issue.

Edited by JReedEsq

Eric,

If it's working fine with your other magazines, they'll probably send you a new one if you ask...

To the OP:

How do you like that Sig compared to your G19? I'm satisfied with my Glocks, but intrigued by Sigs.

Edited by JReedEsq
Eric,

If it's working fine with your other magazines, they'll probably send you a new one if you ask...

To the OP:

How do you like that Sig compared to your G19? I'm satisfied with my Glocks, but intrigued by Sigs.

they are sending me a new follower first. Kind of annoying but I'll take it.

and yes, I too am intrigued by Sigs......just not the price tag.

JReed, have you shot a CZ before? I have the CZ bug now.

they are sending me a new follower first. Kind of annoying but I'll take it.

and yes, I too am intrigued by Sigs......just not the price tag.

JReed, have you shot a CZ before? I have the CZ bug now.

I haven't tried one. I have tried a P226 and liked it, I just think I like the DA to SA transition. That da/sa transition issue would be the same with a CZ. Consistent trigger pull, positive reset, and superior weight/capacity all make me think I'll stick with Glocks for carry. That said, there is something I really like about the look and feel of a Sig. I particularly like the models with the rosewood grips. Since I don't really care for 1911s, a high end Sig would be nice halo gun to add to the collection someday. That's why I like to hear from guys who own both Sigs and Glocks.

Thank you gentleman for the kind words.

Erik88,

I haven't had any issues with the Gen4 through roughly 700 rounds of UMC and Winchester white box, however mine did come with the lower tension 04 spring instead of the 'problem' 03 that was shipped with the first batch.

JReed,

The glock is my winter carry piece along with the Ruger for summer. I have a great affinity for the consistent trigger pull on the 19 and the rugged feel of the polymer frame, but the Sig is my range/fun gun. Comparing the two is like riding in a Honda Civic (Glock) and then switching over to Cadillac (Sig). The felt recoil and trigger pull from the factory was like butter and has only gotten better over time. I also prefer the grip angle of the Sig and shoot tighter groups with it past 15 yards. The Glock finish seems to be more durable between the two, that and reputation is why I carry it over the 229. Overall the Glock is for business and the Sig is for pleasure.

Edited by ErikH

Very nice guns! Welcome to the madhouse, ErikH!

Eric, has your Gen419 given you any problems? I hear they had some spring issues early on. Seem to be corrected now though.

I find it kinda funny that both of you are 'Erik' with a 'k' and you misspelled his name. :lol: