Hey Everyone, im new here, looking for help

Guest Balzer94

Guest Balzer94

so to start off,

My name is Jonathan, but id be perfectly fine, if you called me Jon, or Balzer94, whichever.

I have recently been trying to accessorize my Remington 870. i am planing on buying a magazine extension for it, and a bi-pod for firing range purposes. im also trying to find a good stock for my gun.

ive been looking towards the pistol grip/ recoil reduction models, such as the Kicklite Tactical Stock and the SpecOps Adjustable Shotgun Stock. those are the two that i have been looking at for my shotgun. i would get the kicklite, but its on back order for my gun, and the SpecOps is more expensive, but not by a whole lot.

if any of you have any suggestions, id greatly appreciate them. but im looking for a reasonable price, preferably less than 200 if possible. i do not have a job right now because school takes up most of my time. i get around 15 a week allowance but i currently have no money. im not complaining in that paragraph, just showing my situation. again, id greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thank You Very Much, have a nice day

Jon

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Balzer94

Thank you Robert (?) i appreciate a response, ive been to a couple of forums, and they are dead, no reply even after a week. i hope this isnt trouble, but i did post this in the long gun forum, didnt see any harm in it.

Guest Balzer94

Thanks, i have a regular beaver tail on my 12 gauge, but the kick is a bit much, plus i shot with my friends pistol grip, and it has so much more control. thats y i like those, they are a perfect combination for my liking. i just want to see if people have any preferences.

Guest Balzer94
somewhat out of your range but worth a look anyway - SM-1 – Mossy Creek Custom

i appreciate it. it is alittle bit pricey for me, but it still gives me other options to look at. i dont want wait forever, but i saved up 600 for the gun and 200 for the scope i could save more than i planned to if i need to. thank you though

i appreciate it. it is alittle bit pricey for me, but it still gives me other options to look at. i dont want wait forever, but i saved up 600 for the gun and 200 for the scope i could save more than i planned to if i need to. thank you though

Email Jeff at Mossy Creek Custom and tell him exactly what you are looking for. He can quote you on whatever configuration you want.

Guest Balzer94
Email Jeff at Mossy Creek Custom and tell him exactly what you are looking for. He can quote you on whatever configuration you want.

okay will do. ive been doing some more looking and found the SpecOps for 98, but if its lower ill be happier. i still have 98 left to raise

Guest Balzer94
Howdy Jonathan and Welcome to TGO ;)

I'm not much on shotguns but plenty of good info here.

do you know much with detachable magazines? my dad has a remington r700 .223 and he wants a magazine with more than 4 shotts but under 5 bagillion dollars

Welcome to TGO. All the suggestions given are great and I wish you well in your shotty build. One thing you need to keep in mind though is that you live in Maryland, which has some of the strictest anti-gun laws in the country. You need to be very sure about the legality of any modifications before you make a purchase. Even possesing the parts without putting together is considered an infraction if they are illegal to be constructed. The last thing any of us would want to do is get a well meaning 17 year old, or his father, in a butt load of trouble. This is a mainly Tennessee site and therefore very few of us would be familiar with Maryland law and most of us would avoid the state like the plague.

Guest Balzer94
Welcome to TGO. All the suggestions given are great and I wish you well in your shotty build. One thing you need to keep in mind though is that you live in Maryland, which has some of the strictest anti-gun laws in the country. You need to be very sure about the legality of any modifications before you make a purchase. Even possesing the parts without putting together is considered an infraction if they are illegal to be constructed. The last thing any of us would want to do is get a well meaning 17 year old, or his father, in a butt load of trouble. This is a mainly Tennessee site and therefore very few of us would be familiar with Maryland law and most of us would avoid the state like the plague.

i would avoid the state like the plague aswell. it is not a very interesting place and not alot of open land.

as for laws, i have checked with the DNR the state police, and every barack in most of the counties just to make sure it is legal for me to do the stuff with my shot gun, and i havent heard any one say no its not legal. but thank you for the concern. i really dont feel like going to jail either. haha

Guest Balzer94
Jonathan, I would go to Remington's web site and see what capacity mags they offer for the 700 in 223. I do not believe the aftermarket has many mags for the 700.

okay thanks, i went there and there isnt much. thank you though

Guest Balzer94
This seems to have taken on a life beyond being a normal intro thread. I'm moving it into a more appropriate forum.

thanks

welcome Jonathan... Jonathan here (yeah, another one)

check out cdnninvestments.com they have some different shotgun stocks for great prices. I got a speedfeed stock there for my mossy 500 for $29

throw a "thud buster" recoil pad on it and you're set... maybe?

Guest Balzer94
welcome Jonathan... Jonathan here (yeah, another one)

check out cdnninvestments.com they have some different shotgun stocks for great prices. I got a speedfeed stock there for my mossy 500 for $29

throw a "thud buster" recoil pad on it and you're set... maybe?

i thought Muhammad was the most popular guys name, apparently now its Jonathan. haha

but from what ive seen 29 for a speedfeed is very good. i found a good price for the specops the other day, and i was actually able to order it. it supposed to be in on thrusday so im pretty excited. its a half day at school and im going to be sitting out front waiting for that ups guy to drop it off so i can start putting it togethe.