Front Sight Training

My wife and I plus another couple just completed the 4 Day Defensive Handgun Training at Front Sight. Let me start by saying I have been shooting for most of my 57 yrs.....a lot. Whether a beginner or an experienced shooter, this course is the real deal and is everything and more as advertised. I plan to attend at least twice a year from here on out. Plus have already insured my grandkids will go around age 12 or 13. Definitely the best place to start a new pistol shooter. This is a quality school with great instructors. Very detailed, intense and most of all benificial. More importantly, a strong supporter of the 2nd Admendment and the shooting sports. From my viewpoint, I see nothing to criticize and much to support of this company and what it represents. There were over 300 people enrolled in this course alone during these 4 days, broken down in groups of 40, with each group having minimum 3 Range Officers at any one time, and up to 5 at certain periods. If you get a chance, GO!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad it was a good experience for you!

I've no doubt and I've always heard that they have great courses/programs and I'm hoping to take a course sometime when I'm out that way. That said, I think there are equally good (perhaps even better in some respects/some courses) places/instructors that are a lot close to home than Front Sight.

Just my $0.02 :bowrofl:

Robert, I think, for the most part, most established training facilities are good to excellent. I certainly would not criticize any of them unless I had first hand info. Unfortunately many people do just that. I would love to hear about others first hand experince, and if you do get the chance to go to Front Sight you won't be disappointed.

Robert, I think, for the most part, most established training facilities are good to excellent. I certainly would not criticize any of them unless I had first hand info. Unfortunately many people do just that. I would love to hear about others first hand experince, and if you do get the chance to go to Front Sight you won't be disappointed.

I have a course booked at Tactical Response at the end of March and I'm hoping to go to Low Speed High Drag sometime this late summer/fall...I'll let you know how they turn out. ;)

Next time I do a Route 66 trip I'm hoping to include a course at Front Sight but that will have to wait until next year.

I will be critical. Somehow they got my name and email, and I get 5 or so spams from them daily -- they are trying to compete with the NRA for aggravation. Also, the first one or two was interesting so I took their little quiz and it had several at best questionable assertations, if not totally incorrect statements. I forget what they were but it came across as an arrogant "we know everything, pay money". Their first few impressions have left me unwilling to give them a dime ever. The classes could be the best thing ever, I have no comment there, but the attitude makes me unwilling to consider them for anything.

I have the same problem as Jonnin. I got on there email list and now recieve 2 to 3 emails a day from them. Not a problem normally but they come across very know it all. and at points arrogant. They may have the best class in the world ( can not speak to that) But the person in charge of there email needs to get his act togther.

I do get lots of email from them...but what I get from them but some of it is worth reading and their "advertisement" emails are a drop in the bucket compared to the ton of other stuff I get on a daily basis so, like all the other stuff, if it isn't automatically recognized and junk and deleted automatically, I delete it myself...junk email is sort of the price you have to pay to be able to get the email you want. ;)

Randy and Jonnin...understand how aggravating email can be. I also understand how fortunate we are to live in the USA, and Front Sight and the NRA are some of the strongest supporters we have in fighting those that want to dismantle the 2nd Admen. Yes, at times they may be a little 'radical', but one has to fight fire with fire. You are free to chose to attend or not attend any training you want. But don't let the business of advertising, especially for something as crucial as gun ownership keep you from something that is enjoyable as well as beneficial.

Guest .45packer

Would love to attend Front Sight, however the Lottery Gods haven't been favorable lately. $500 a day is a little steeeeeep!

I had a long time student of theirs attend my Defensive Pistol Skills class in December. I also met 3 others at a class I attended in Texas. I even went to a competition that was hosted by a guy that was a former instructor for them. They all gave separate and similar accounts about the current business practices of the owner.

No one had any complaints about the actual training other than it was mostly Modern Technique range shooting type stuff.

Do some research so as not to cast your pearls before swine. I also recommend training with as many different companies as possible. That way you'll start to get an idea for what fits you instead of just being a follower.

I'm not saying you are, but the temptation is there for a lot of people.

Isn't that the place that advertises they give you a free gun or somethin? I always thought it seemed a bit hokey, but Im glad you enjoyed it.

Hey, I did to, but I thought what the heck. In fact on my critique I told 'em there was a lot of hype....but it was all true! They do include a gun with the $2000 price tag, but if you sign up the the e-mails there are better offers sans gun. Like 'tenn' said, I think multiple classes are a plus, but I'd make Front Sight one of them.

Isn't that the place that advertises they give you a free gun or somethin? I always thought it seemed a bit hokey, but Im glad you enjoyed it.

If you spend about twice the price of the gun they offer, you get the gun "free" with the class. It was, last time they offered, a glock of some sort, I think the gun listed new at around 500 and the class was almost 1k (or more, its been a while since I now direct all their email to the trash right away unseen), I forget the exact numbers but it was in that neighborhood. The offered gun was one of the huge models, 7 or 7.5 inch monster, thats about all I remember of it.

.... I also recommend training with as many different companies as possible. That way you'll start to get an idea for what fits you instead of just being a follower....

Outstanding advice. Sometimes the best training you get from some outfits is what doesn't work for you.

My only comment in regard to Front Sight is that I can't support the company because of the way they market their courses. Front Sight once used the ondash video of a police officer being shot to death with their voice over of "Stop Screaming and Start Shooting."

Imagine the pain that Officer's family felt having Front Sight use that video to promote their business.

Maybe their training is first rate, but JMHO...., that Ad was very Low Class.