holsters for the "larger" man....

Guest rebeldrummer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big guy too so I know what you mean. Thought about just duct taping one to my belly, but that brings on other problems...like a pistol covered in hairy duct tape. I've been practicing with a stiff nylon pancake holster. It's very comfortable when I'm out walking, but it causes problems with my small car and its bucket seats. I feel real comfy with a shoulder holster. I don't know how you feel about shoulder rigs, but it's an option.

Oh, before I get questions about it. Duct taping a pistol to my belly was a joke. I'll never try that twice. :screwy:

Guest bkelm18
ok so here is what I am wondering. I own a G23 and soon to get a G26 or G27. Obviously those two are designed the same. Now, should I get a Kydex style molded for the larger or smaller?? If I go smaller, then the larger's barrel will stick out a bit. If I go larger then there will be a space at the bottom, but what about the top? Will it sit too deep in the holster?? Anyone out there have both model Glocks and just 1 CBST that can shed some light

The Supertucks have an open bottom and I'd be willing to bet that it's the same holster for most Glocks (17/19/26 and 22/23/27).

Guest rebeldrummer
I do well with an MTAC at 2 to 230. My fat roll helps to hide it with a shirt my normal size in a TALL.

Spare mags on the other side kill me so Im still looking for a good set up there.

MTAC keeps showing up as a good viable option here....hmmmm

Guest JChapegs
ok so im not embarrassed about it, im a larger guy. I come from a large southern family who likes to get together and cook....grill....and eat!!

Anyways, I do have a nice set of "love handles" (or so my wife says!)

I have noticed that certain holsters hold guns higher than others and some just ride all wrong. I have never tried something like a Crossbreed Supertuck but have been told that they are super comfy even for larger guys. Now if your a smaller guy you probably wont understand this 100% but your input on good, comfortable holsters is appreciated.

Guns I carry now..

Glock 23 - when at work

Glock 27 - when im not at work

Ruger LC9 on the way (I have a De-Santis leather IWB already)

Ruger SR9c on the way - assuming going to carry similar to Glocks??

thanks guys...

If you are interested in a Crossbreed type holster, Google Shielded Holsters. Kurtis Baker makes a great holster for a great price. He doesn't have a website, but he has pictures on GlockTalk.

JC

Guest rebeldrummer
i am going with the galco,i can get it for $48 delivered .it is a mixture of the cross breed and mtac .both which sell for $80

copy cat......but good choice!!

Seems like a lot of mfg have a kydex/leather hybrid for sale now. That's good, since it gives us more choices. As much as I like my SuperTuck, I can't say I wouldn't go with a less expensive brand as long as it had metal clips.

That Galco looks nice and you can't beat that price. I'd be curious to know about the quality of the leather when you get it in. Keep us informed.

Guest rebeldrummer

ok the Galco came in last night...wore it ALL DAY TODAY and wow...AWESOME!!! $48 DELIVERED !!!!! Metal clips. You can adjust cant and depth the gun sits inside pants. Leather is nice and stitching is as well. Very good quality. I will post pics and give a little more detail later. I would recommend anyone looking at one of these if in the market for a good holster like this. Galco King Tuck