M&P pistols price differences ?

tercel89

I was looking at several stores while at with the family and noticed that some stores have the M&P pistols really cheap and some stores have them priced kinda high .

A few of the stores that are normally good on prices have them kinda high . And I mean like right at or near MSRP .

Why is this ?

I did hear talk of S&W lowering their prices on them but you know how internet and gun shop rumors are .

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that S&W dropped their prices recently without letting FFL's know it was about to happen. Therefore, some FFL's got stuck with weapons that they paid a premium price for and are trying to get their money back. The new retail price is actually lower than the old wholesale price and it has created a lot of anger among gun dealers.

My understanding is that S&W dropped their prices recently without letting FFL's know it was about to happen. Therefore, some FFL's got stuck with weapons that they paid a premium price for and are trying to get their money back. The new retail price is actually lower than the old wholesale price and it has created a lot of anger among gun dealers.

Thats is what I was thinking . They kinda got "stuck" with guns they paid higher prices for .

Guest nicemac
Academy Sports had a M&P 40 for $399 on Saturday. I was shocked at that price.

I have seen the S&W SIGMA in Academy but not the M&P… Are they carrying the M&P now?

Guest cheez

GT Distributors in Rossville GA has M & P's for $399 with 3 mags. Night sight models for $449 with 3 mags. They do transfers 1/4 mile from the store in TN for $25

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

I would LOVE to find an M&P 9 with night sights and 3 mags for $449 (or regular sights for $399, for that matter)! I would snap that up in a heartbeat. Best I have been able to find around these parts is about $100 more, though if I pay with cash they will cover the sales tax. I guess with tax and transfer it would come out about the same... Sigh. Why can't the good deals be local?

GT Distributors in Rossville GA has M & P's for $399 with 3 mags. Night sight models for $449 with 3 mags. They do transfers 1/4 mile from the store in TN for $25

I have a hard time believeing that. Their website doesn't list any gun from S&W and that is below wholesale by quite a bit. I could see that on used guns or special LE pricing, but not everyday pricing. S&W does have a Military/LE program going that could get it to that point, but nothing else I've ever seen. I'd like to see how you found those prices. If it's true you should grab them up and resale them.

Guest cheez
I have a hard time believeing that. Their website doesn't list any gun from S&W and that is below wholesale by quite a bit. I could see that on used guns or special LE pricing, but not everyday pricing. S&W does have a Military/LE program going that could get it to that point, but nothing else I've ever seen. I'd like to see how you found those prices. If it's true you should grab them up and resale them.

First I really don't care whether you believe what I said or not. I posted it to help folks out that might want a good deal on a popular gun.

The way I found those prices is by walking into their retail store in Rossville, GA. and reading the price tags on the guns. Pretty simple actually. I guess you would need to speak to GT to find out why they are not listed on their website.

Since I am not a licensed dealer it would be illegal for me or anyone else who is not licensed to "grab them up" for the expressed purpose of turning a profit. Of course if you do not believe it is illegal to do this just ask any ATF agent. Better yet since the internet seems to be your end all source for information you could go to the BATF website.

The price drop/residual inventory cost/price makes sense. I had heard that S&W incentives of $50 or two magazines was successfull but when they expired sales would drop in expected anticipation of the next incentive plan. That has been going on for a couple of years at least. The last incentive plan expired in 12/10.

S&W then did a price reduction of about $50 across many lines, including some M&Ps. Take a look at Bud's prices lately.

I just bought a 9Pro for $564 (Buds'cash price). I also just bought a 40c with Trijicon Night Sights and 3 magazines for $530 cash price from a west coast dealer.

Did both transfers at Bill's Oupost in Alcoa.

Since Tucson, M&P magazines are far and few between. In addition those who took advantage of the free two magazines are still cooling their heels months later.

Edited by DAdams
content
  • 2 weeks later...
I saw it today at GT's M&Ps were 399. LEO/ Military only i think.

Nope...Cheez speaks the truth There are no LE restrictions on S&W. Grab them while you can at GT dist as they also got burned by the prices reductions from the MSRP and are looking for another distributer. They just sold the last of their bodyguard revolver line for $350 with laser.