Zeus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Memphis BBQ, KC BBQ, or NC BQ.

Go.

It's just another one of those things, clip, magazine, gun, weapon, etc. Some people just get worked up over things that are not that important, they are sweating the small stuff.

In basic, you did NOT call it a gun....it was a rifle! This is my rifle, this is my gun, this one is for kill'n and this one's for fun..

Edited by db99wj
I propose we call all single-row magazines clips and all double-row clips magazines.

Hmmm. Some folks think that using clip in place of magazine is an inferior use of vocabulary, SO if your proposal implies that anything with a single stack clip is inferior to a double stack magazine then then I"M ALL FOR IT!!:tough::stir:

Army went through a big deal about clip vs magazine when the change was made from M1 to M14. Drill Sargeants went ape if a recruit called it a clip for an M14 because the manual said "magazine". As a Training Officer I thought it was a little weird. I once heard a Lt Colonel make the statement that it didn't matter what they called it, the main point was did the recruits know how to load it, insert it in the weapon, and then hit a target. Afterall, Vietnam was ramping up! Of course he other obsurd thing was we were training on a weapon that wasn't issued "in country", the M16 was!!

Guest db99wj
Full rack of ribs with dry rub seasoning at Rendezvous and plenty of nakins.... Just sayin'...

Get them half wet, half dry and it get the best of both worlds, so good it will make you slap yo grandma!! (to quote my grandfather!)