Where is the best place to buy Snap Caps

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can make decent ones for anything you can reload, or if you have a buddy that reloads, by cramming a bullet into a case & fill the primer hole with caulk or something. For rimfires, different tricks are needed or buy them... ususally at a real gun store, walmart wont have it. You might be able to poke a chopped down 223 into a used 22 LR case if you really wanted to.

A lot of places charge $1 or more each --- far too much for what they are and how easy they are to make.

Edited by Jonnin
I need to get myself some .22LR and .40 snap caps but I have no idea where you purchase them. Can they be found at Wal-Mart or do I need to actually go to a gun store? How much do they normally run?

Saw some .22LR snap caps at the fairgrounds show today. 2 for $1. Looked like solid plastic.

Wonder how long that would hold up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Plainsman

Tactical response gear store has some snap caps as well as the training dummy rounds that are bright colored plastic. Five caps for 3 bucks or so. They work well in my training. I havent tried them all of course but I've found the .45 tipton snap caps don't fit into my 1911s with match barrels.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.