HCP waiting time

Guest TennMan

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will wait until the end of this month since I will only have 2 months left on my extension and see where they are. This office is getting ridiculous and the person that did the "expose" should be drawn and quartered. Then again, I don't think the dang things should expire. They wouldn't if it weren't for the revenue stream for the state. Same thing with Drivers License. You should keep it until some one takes it away from you because of driving issues or you reach 70 and then you should have to re do the driving test every few years.

Today will make 8 weeks waiting. If it's not in the mailbox this evening I might just throw a conniption fit right there in the front yard. What's the deal? It only takes 5-45 minutes when you buy a gun. Every local, state and federal agency is computerized and I was under the impression all the LE agency systems were now linked.

Thanks for letting me vent. I've got a funny feeling that my app fell under someone's desk. TGIF. :whistle:

Guest EasilyObsessed
Just got off the phone with them and it is being sent out today!! :whistle:

That was 18 weeks, 2 days and a wake up for my renewal.

Do you happen to have the number you called handy? I have been waiting on my renewal almost as long and my permit expires at the end of the month.

Guest canynracer
Do you happen to have the number you called handy? I have been waiting on my renewal almost as long and my permit expires at the end of the month.

Contact Us:Lisa Knight, Manager

1150 Foster Avenue

Nashville, TN 37243 (615) 253-5221

866-849-3548 (toll-free)

Guest Angel 24/7

I got mine in 38 days. from the day fingerprinted 29 days?

Maybe Xd should just walk across the road from work & talk to them. He is 46 days in. He is now stalking the mailman

Guest GUTTERbOY

I called 'em to check on mine yesterday. I was told that they're STILL waiting on my background check to come back.

Today makes 13 weeks since I turned in my application.

However, the news is not all bad. After I thanked he lady and hung up, I missed a call which turned out to be from her. She said that they were going to issue and send me the permit due to the time, so I should FINALLY be receiving the dadgum thing next week.

It's a good thing I'm not home during the weekdays; the mail lady might be in grave danger otherwise. :koolaid:

Guest bolesie

im at day 75. called the other day and they told me i would have gotten mine sooner if i had gotten my fingerprints at an dos approved place??? has anyone heard of this... i went to the sheriffs dept and had them done there. sounded like a bunch of fluff to me. they told me 3 weeks ago it was approved and it should reach me in 7-10 days, but i called after 2 weeks and they told me that it was not approved yet still waiting on tbi. anyhow still waiting at 75 days.

I called 'em to check on mine yesterday. I was told that they're STILL waiting on my background check to come back.

Today makes 13 weeks since I turned in my application.

However, the news is not all bad. After I thanked he lady and hung up, I missed a call which turned out to be from her. She said that they were going to issue and send me the permit due to the time, so I should FINALLY be receiving the dadgum thing next week.

It's a good thing I'm not home during the weekdays; the mail lady might be in grave danger otherwise. :koolaid:

Were you some sort of pedophile in a previous life or something!?

Glad your finally getting somewhere! You will enjoy the Walmart walk :D

Guest GUTTERbOY
Were you some sort of pedophile in a previous life or something!?

Glad your finally getting somewhere! You will enjoy the Walmart walk :D

Previous life? Try previous weeks! :koolaid:

I'm pretty sure I know what the holdup was. See, since I held a NC CCW before moving here, I didn't have to get fingerprinted when I turned in my application. I assume that they do still need my prints for the checks and such though, so the added delay probably came from them trying to coax the Wake County Sheriff's Department to send them my prints from the other permit.

That's the only thing I can figure. I haven't done a lot of moving around and have never had anything worse than a traffic ticket or 20.

In retrospect, it might have been better if I'd just gone through the minor hassle and added expense of just getting printed here. But such is life...

Guest Angel 24/7

My sister suggested that the reason mine came back so fast is because I have already been in their system because of the check up on her when she got her job 2 years ago??????? Don't know can't understand their reasoning or system???

My sister suggested that the reason mine came back so fast is because I have already been in their system because of the check up on her when she got her job 2 years ago??????? Don't know can't understand their reasoning or system???

Yea but why isn't that workin for me too??

Guest sling

It would seem the typical wait time is around 8 - 10 weeks almost. One of the ladies called me the day mine was issued. Takes em forever to even mail them out.

Guest GUTTERbOY

You know, it's a tough emotional roller coaster: I get home from work, stroll out to the mailbox all hopeful that there'll be an envelope in there from the DOS, and instead it's a damn insurance bill.

;)

Guest benchpresspower

I just wonder, even after I called a few days back and was told it would be out in 7-10 business day if I could have asked to go down and pick it up. I work just about a block from the TN Dept of Safety.