HCP waiting time

Guest TennMan

Guest BG38357

Renewal applied 98 days Tuesday. Called Nashville. Renewal papers are there.

Since my permit expired on the 14th, they're sending a temporary.

Edited by BG38357
  • Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pjblurton
Hey fellas, forgive me for this being my first post but at least it is good news.

:rant::rofl::rofl: LimaLimaMikeFoxtrot:bowrofl::P:bowrofl:

Some of you guys crack me up with your names...Makes me wish that I was more original with mine:wall:

We'll welcome to the group LLMF, Though you were once lost... now you've been found.... Ahhhh, I kill me....

• Administrator
Hey fellas, forgive me for this being my first post but at least it is good news. I got fingerprinted on 30 May 2008 and after returning home today from a long weekend on business... yep, there it was in the box. Roughly eight weeks. Not too bad from what I've been reading around here.

I'm guessin' its some kind of unwritten law that I gotta carry to Wal-Mart now right?

To those still waiting, hang in there fellas. Its just our fabulous efficient gummint at work.

Congrats! And yes, Wal-Mart is sort of the christening event once you get your HCP. And here in Rutherford County, it's getting to where you need to carry at Wally World anyway.

Hey fellas, forgive me for this being my first post but at least it is good news. I got fingerprinted on 30 May 2008 and after returning home today from a long weekend on business... yep, there it was in the box. Roughly eight weeks. Not too bad from what I've been reading around here.

I'm guessin' its some kind of unwritten law that I gotta carry to Wal-Mart now right?

To those still waiting, hang in there fellas. Its just our fabulous efficient gummint at work.

I got printed on May 30th. I think I'm almost to the point of losing it. :P

Woo hoo.

mailboxhappy.gif

No longer will I have to carry my ammo seperate from my pistol to the range. Paperwork turned in on May 30th. Called on July 16th, they said they were waiting on background check. July 16th is my issue date.

See some of ya'll Sat.

14_6_19.gif

Guest GUTTERbOY

Good to see two more happy packers out there. Just don't let the postpartum depression get to you... now that you've got your HCP in hand, it's almost like there's no reason to check the mail any more. It's almost like you've lost your entire reason for being.

:D

• Administrator
Good to see two more happy packers out there. Just don't let the postpartum depression get to you... now that you've got your HCP in hand, it's almost like there's no reason to check the mail any more. It's almost like you've lost your entire reason for being.

:D

That's why the Reagan Administration brought us the National Firearms Act. For $200 you can make frantic trips to the mailbox waiting on approval to own a suppressor, or a short barrel rifle, or an "AOW" or... :D

Guest grimel
Congrats! And yes, Wal-Mart is sort of the christening event once you get your HCP. And here in Rutherford County, it's getting to where you need to carry at Wally World anyway.

Here in east Tn's Libtardville, Wally World is well within walking distance of either MS-13 or 18th St idiots so I consider it a high risk location and upgrade the hardware.

I'm fairly new to TN and the TGO forums so ... Did I miss it in my HCP class that I am required to go to Wally World, packing heat, to buy some ammo once I receive my permit? Am I required to do it in 24, 48, 72 hours? If I'm not able to, will my permit get revoked?

I'm fairly new to TN and the TGO forums so ... Did I miss it in my HCP class that I am required to go to Wally World, packing heat, to buy some ammo once I receive my permit? Am I required to do it in 24, 48, 72 hours? If I'm not able to, will my permit get revoked?

Yes to all. 48 hours time limit.

I think Target is more appropriate myself, given the name.

But no ammo there, so you have to renew your permit a year early if you choose that route.

- OS

Guest Phantom6
And you're pretty much required to buy nachos from the deli when you carry to Wal-Mart on your maiden voyage. It's in the rulebook somewhere.

And so, yet another Tennessee tradition is born.

And you're pretty much required to buy nachos from the deli when you carry to Wal-Mart on your maiden voyage. It's in the rulebook somewhere.

I don't do Walmart, but I did go to the bank today carrying!

Ok, ok - it was the drive through, but it's a start...

Guest lan2i

Interesting thing happened today. I was fingerprinted on the 1st of July. So it has been approx. 25 days. Just for laughs I called today to check the status. She asked my DL number and my address and told me that they would go ahead and issue now, and I should expect it 7-14 days from Monday. So whats the verdict? I was extremley nice as not to be put on the bottom and she was nice in return. Do these people usually honor their word when they say expect it in 7-14 days?

Interesting thing happened today. I was fingerprinted on the 1st of July. So it has been approx. 25 days. Just for laughs I called today to check the status. She asked my DL number and my address and told me that they would go ahead and issue now, and I should expect it 7-14 days from Monday. So whats the verdict? I was extremley nice as not to be put on the bottom and she was nice in return. Do these people usually honor their word when they say expect it in 7-14 days?

They did with me.

Guest GUTTERbOY
Good Lord.

First time permit?

Were there some complications of some sort?

- OS

Yes, a truly rare breed, the "first time renewal" permit.

:blush:

Guest lan2i
They did with me.

that would absolutley make my summer If I could get my hands on it that fast. As my father is an LEO of 26 years views it as a pain to carry a gun everyday he does not understand my excitment.

Dont get me wrong he understands that he NEEDS to carry a firearm but he just cannot wrap his mind around the fact that I REALLY want to get my permit.