An article by Jim Cooper

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cliff's Notes version:

"Now that he's running for President, I want to tell everyone why I think Newt Gingrich is a tool.

Oh...the 1980's were so much better. So much so that I want to have Tip O'Neill's lovechild."

There. I saved all of you 10 minutes of reading the article.

Cliff's Notes version:

"Now that he's running for President, I want to tell everyone why I think Newt Gingrich is a tool.

Oh...the 1980's were so much better. So much so that I want to have Tip O'Neill's lovechild."

There. I saved all of you 10 minutes of reading the article.

Bingo!!! A great assessment of this whole bunch of tripe. The Demorats invented partisan politics in modern times.

Keep up the good work.

leroy

My response:

"

selective memory, Jim

Mr Cooper complains about the national debt, but neglects to mention that he has always voted to increase it, and has voted for TARP, Obamacare, and a host of other huge spending bills.

He complains about 'partisanship' in a screed which is about as partisan as any I\'ve ever seen.

He says the core business of the Federal government is insurance. While it is certainly the largest part of the Federal government, it is not the 'core business'. In fact, it should not be the business of the Federal government at all.

Mr Cooper needs a lesson in accounting. He refers to a 'tax break' as an 'expenditure'. Or perhaps he needs a dictionary. Either way, this statement reveals the basic problem with Mr Cooper's mindset; all income and assets belong to the Federal government, allowing us to use it is an 'expenditure'.

You are wrong, Mr Cooper. It is OUR money. And your extremely poor stewardship over the past 30 years is evident from your voting record. And before you bewail 'gerrymandering' you should keep in mind that Democrat gerrymandering created the liberal district that elected you 15 times."