The great holster search begins...

Friday I did my part to "stimulate" the economy by buying two guns from Specialty Arms in La Vergne.

One of these new additions is a Springfield Armory XD9 sub-compact that I intend(ed) on making my main CCW gun. I have a XD40 service model and LOVE it, so I figured this XD-SC would make a great purchase.

Here's the rub....now that I've had my new gun home for a few days, fondled it, looked at it, etc. I now realize that it's not quite as "compact" as I had originally thought. :eek: Still not ruling it out for primary carry, just gotta find the right holster.

So......anybody recommend a good holster for my new baby ? It's got to be either IWB or OWB. I am 5'7" and "not skinny".

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flyfishtn
Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but.....HUH ? :eek:

To hold all the holsters you will buy and end up not using in that elusive search for the right one.

Guest I_AM_WOOD

MTAC -- it's a little more in the mid to higher price range but worth every cent in my book. Only one in box that i can wear and you have no idea that i'm armed, also I don't notice it's there standing or sitting (which i do almost all day). Search c-tac or mtac on any forum and see what you come up with.

+2 for the JIT by don hume ( if i don't mind some printing)

Guest failuredrill

Brommeland inside the waist holster for my XD 9 sub and it fits great...they are a little pricey but well worth it. Plus they are made in TN

I'll post some pics

I just got a Fubos Roto,and its the best thing since XD's :koolaid::stir:

It rotates a full 360 degrees on the cant which works great for me.No otther holster is comfortable for me sitting all day,and I can adjust it to not poke me in the love handle.It has had some bad reviews about breaking,but like I said,it works great for me.