old pistol no rifling?

broox

Ok, so I was in my local gun store after the gun show today and they had one of those commie 9x18 (mak) walther copies. CZ 82 maybe? Well I was looking at it for good truck gun/beater and I looked down the barrel and I swear there was absolutely no rifling whatsoever. I asked the owner and he ran a bore snake through it a couple of times and then got his light and looked, and looked, and tilted the light and looked again and basically said "I guess not." He said maybe the rifling had been shot out?

First does that make this pistol some type of illegal short shotgun type thing?

Second would it hit the broadside of a barn?

Your thoughts would be appreciated and your sarcastic remarks will be tolerated;):D

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The CZ 82 has polygonal rifling much like a Glock. Very difficult to see the lands & groves. They are there and those are very accurate pistols.

Since the gun store guy doesn't know what he's talking about go back and offer a ridiculously low amount for that "worn out" gun.

Edited by Garufa

Mine looks like a smoothbore and shoots very well. The makarovs are the most accruate, with a fixed barrel blowback design, but all the 9x18 pistols I have tried (and I have shot a number of them, feg and mak and cz and others) are quite accurate. The last time I shot my makarov I was hitting 7+ rings on a NRA bullseye target at 25 yards with handloaded ammo.

They all look like a ppk somewhat, but the closes is the FEG pistols, at least visually IMO.

Edited by Jonnin