22 revolver?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Taurus 94 is the cheapest new double action that I know of. I like them okay. The smiths are pretty friggin expensive and ruger doesn't make the SP101 in 22 anymore. I'm sure that there are some other options out there and someone will be along shortly to name them.

i like the ruger single six is it a good gun?

Every ruger single is a good gun, but its not double action its single acton... I have not fired one in .22 but I own a 44 and 357 and have fired others. Typically well made with a long barrel, accurately sighted in even with fixed sights. My only complaint is my 44 is a bisley and NO ONE makes a darn replacement grip for it, and the grip they put on it is sized for an 8 year old girl. Avoid the "bisley" models if you do not like the default grip!

I have a Single Six 22 I use to get my kids (and other new shooters) starting shooting. It is single action as mentioned and shoots nicely.

It seems the better options in 22 double actions are the older revolvers. I've read some good things about Hi-Standard Double Nines but haven't shot one.

if we're going to discuss older .22's...JP Sauer made a great one. They also made a .22 single action like a Colt .45 but the .22 is full size. Colt's .22 single is like 7/8ths size. My big mistake in life was trading my JPS .22 single for a Winchester lever .22. and I got boot too.

Its harder to find used 22 revolvers, IMO. They are out there, just not as common to see a good used .22 revolver as it is to find a large caliber one or a 22 auto. Its going to take some patience on your part or you may have to settle for what you can find rather than a specific brand/style.

Hang in there, and 21 will be upon you before you know it. I hated that as a teen, my dad had a number of guns I could shoot anytime but they were all his, you know, and that is not the same! Try to be patient and you should be able to score a trade or something sooner or later, or at the worst, you can buy one in only a couple of years.

Guest tbone

A while back, I picked up a Taurus Tracker in .22. The price was in a little over $300.00 and I have been very pleased with it. It is accurate, the chambers are cut to the right tolerance so that spent brass ejects cleanly. The DA trigger pull was heavy at first, but after 1500 rounds or so, it lightened up and smoothed out. I put a set of crimson trace grips on it and it is a blast to shoot steel plate with. It has been well worth what I paid for it and I highly recommend it.

A month or so back, I picked up a 4" High Standard Deluxe Sentinel. I love it so far. I don't think I own a pistol that's more comfortable in my hand. Don't discount the older used guns. Hard to wear out a .22.