Favorite Qoutations...

Haven't searched to see if there was a thread about everybody's favorite quotes by whomever you admire, or just like their quotes but i'll start one.

I found these Will Rogers quotes a while back that were pretty clever.

Don't squat with your spurs on.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back in.

If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.

If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

There's two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works.

When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person, don't be surprised if they learn their lesson.

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's scripture, but I think it's one of the greatest life lesson and EVERY man should learn it. Every man.

He that keepeth his mouth, keepeth his life, but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction

Even for the non believers among us here, it's hard to argue with the wisdom of Solomon.

"Life's Lessons are learned by the Surviviors" I said that the first time in 1960 after I fell from the gun sponson on the Ranger CVA-61 in the midde of the Pacific Ocean not far from the Equator and just west of the IDL.

Edited by bajabuc

Ah the Danger Ranger. LOL I made two deployments on her with HS-14, in 87 and 89. In keeping with the thread and the Danger Ranger

"If I said, it must be true"

AMCS David L. Stevens, USN ret (dec)

He was my Div Chief, a damn good leader and a fine man.

Guest texas308

Some of my uncles words of wisdom...

"You'd much rather circumcise a gorilla in a phone booth before you F with me."

"Before you go s--t make sure you write your weight on the wall so I know how much to scoop back out"

"You're like a fly, all you do is eat s--t and bug people"

He kinda reminds me of Walter Mathow in grumpy old men....

Guest midnitelamp

I like Gandhis quotes on not being blown over by other cultures and the blackest deed the British did in India was disarming the people.

you can evade reality but you can not evade the consequences of evading reality- ayn rand

If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshat

Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. Teddy Roosevelt

History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives - Abba Eban

Guest coldblackwind

"Never work at a disadvantage" Stan Kimball, in his 60's dying of cancer just before he worked out 17 year old butts into the ground putting up hay.

Guest brandon_pitt

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far- President Theodore Roosevelt.

God made all men, Samuel Colt made all men equal.

God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it. -Daniel Webster

Guest Old goat

"after tonight, don't turn down any p----, and leave this bottle alone. you can drink when you get old" my grandfather after giving me a shot of jack on my 16th birthday.

Guest brandon_pitt
"after tonight, don't turn down any p----, and leave this bottle alone. you can drink when you get old" my grandfather after giving me a shot of jack on my 16th birthday.

We may have the same grandfather. A little age difference between us but sounds the same!

Guest DELETED

"Be respectful, be polite and obey all laws, but if someone puts their hand on you send them to the cemetery." -Malcom X

"Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." -WWII slogan for coneservation due to limited supplies