What happens to your weapons if tornado or flooding?

Ok sitting here in Sunny Las Vegas and watching the news over the last few weeks getting packed to move to Nashville I started to think about the following.

I was wondering if say like a gun store or even a home takes a hit from bad weather and a tornado blows threw and speads weapons and ammo everywhere. Or during flooding and stuff gets washed away. Hopefully TN is a place that others out there that might pick up something that belongs to others would do the right thing and turn it in. What do you claim it lost, stolen or misplaced due to weather?

My heart and prayers go out to you that might have had loss and damage!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Well just make sure it's covered by your insurance and claim it along with the rest of your belongings that were damaged, destroyed. You could call the police department and tell them you're missing some of your firearms from the flood/tornado/ etc and provide them with a description in-case someone turns them in.

Guest friesepferd
Well just make sure it's covered by your insurance and claim it along with the rest of your belongings that were damaged, destroyed. You could call the police department and tell them you're missing some of your firearms from the flood/tornado/ etc and provide them with a description in-case someone turns them in.

exactly. someone may or may not turn it in, but make sure your insurance covers it and that will be that.

Guest Travtastik

"]5788081498_0ae70e613f.jpg

This is what can happen. Not really the answer you were looking for but thought I would share the pic

Edited by Travtastik

Flooding and fire are going to be a big loss, but tornado is another story since they can be scattered. What you do is anchor your safe to the foundation and buy insurance. If my safe floods, you guys better build an ark, as I am pretty high up (tn has a number of mountains).

Guest mustangdave

Fortunately...we don't live in the flood plain...we lost a MUSTANG on I-24 in last years "flood"...my home owners insurance...DOES cover my guns...I also have a policy thru the NRA as well...and I have a gun safe...