What are the most annoying commercial on radio and tv

Well for me:

Radio: Netflix - and now the bonus (round or question).

When ever I hear that on the radio I turn the channel or turn it off.

TV: Roslandcapital - the one were Gorden Liddy puts on goggles and knee pads and then starts a leaf blower and starts to blow away a stack of money.

These are very annoying to me. How about you?

Edited by runningfree
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Most if not all. Especially if they are way louder, when they are not suppose to be, then your regular programing. Also, any commercial that the person is yelling.

Guest Sgt. Joe

For me it is the "Get Cash Now" ones with the opera music, those grate on my nerves like no other.

It also bugs me that so many have found their way to the cyber world these days, a natural progression of course but irritating none the less.

Netflix is the worst to me as their pop ups seem to be able to defeat all the pop up blockers that I have ever tried. And now we get commercials for a lot of online vids including some on YouTube vids.

I have never in my life seen a commercial and then wanted to run out and buy any particular product because of it. 50+ years and not the first one has worked on me, rather the more annoying the commercial is and the more that I see them the less chance that I will ever try their products.

Guest Sgt. Joe
Most if not all. Especially if they are way louder, when they are not suppose to be, then your regular programing. Also, any commercial that the person is yelling.

Yea and what happened with that? I thought that they made some rule or law that they could no longer do that stuff?

Guest Bronker

Bar NONE in the Nashville area radio...

Sportscaster (104.5 The Zone) Willy Daunic's wife and the Smokey Mountain Tops commercials. It's a cheezy little banter between the two with a play on generic husband-wife relationships.

It drives me nuts.

Guest Bronker
Bar NONE in the Nashville area radio...

Sportscaster (104.5 The Zone) Willy Daunic's wife and the Smokey Mountain Tops commercials. It's a cheezy little banter between the two with a play on generic husband-wife relationships.

It drives me nuts.

Also, TVA's 'Green Power Switch' initiative commercials. Shoot me now.

These all sound interesting...I listen to my commercial free web radio and stopped watching TV about the same time we had to buy the box because they needed the regular channels for homeland secutity. I watch NASCAR...I need my nap.

TitleMax.

They advertize to get a short term loan with your cars title.

Shows a customer and its also their slogan.

"Get your Title back with TitleMax"

Well if you didn't get that small high interest rate loan you'd not need to get your title back. You had it before the loan. hummmmmmm

I only listen to commercial radio when in a company truck, usually Friday's. I like Hallerin Hill's radio show, well in Knox there is not squat worth listening too on the radio so he is who I found least offensive in the morning. But his freaking self produced info-mmercial style commercials drive me nuts. I hate them like no tomorrow. The volume is instantly dropped or turned flat off.

Joe I like the JG Wentworth opera commercials you can't stand. That dang song gets stuck in my head. 877 cash now.......

Guest boatme99

Any ambulance chaser ad on the air. What the #*!! has a soft core, jiggling teenie got to do with the law? It was a sad day when the FCC allowed lawyers and doctors,to advertise on tv.

Oh! I've taken a pill sometime in my life and I'm a complete failure. I've got to sue someone so I'll feel better. Crapola.

Radio-Mud, one of the DJs on 105.9 I have actively changed te station because he's just so frickin annoying. Not a commercial I know, but sometimes I'm amazed at how annoying this guy can be in his failed attempts to be funny. As far as commercials go those new Xfinity ones on tv and radio with the crappy songs, also speaking of crappy songs those freecreditreport.com commercials are pretty irritating.

Don't take a pill, call Dr. Gill.

I just want to backhand that kid and I have no real reason for it.

...And ANYTHING involving a god forsaken KIA. "Don't you leave, till you see me?" No problem, I'd like to stuff you in a ferris wheel compartment and roll your a22 toward Hickory Hollow mall and see what happens.

Bar none, no question the Travelocity commercial where the 'man' and his 'wife' and 'kids' are on the beach - you know, the one where he tells her she looks like a 'beach angel'? Those two don't even have to open their mouths - they just look annoying - but then they do talk and get even more annoying. My wife and I have actually discussed which one of them we want to punch in the face first. I have to opt for the guy since I don't really like the idea of hitting a woman - but would be tempted to make an exception.