What are the most annoying commercial on radio and tv

For me it is the "Get Cash Now" ones with the opera music, those grate on my nerves like no other.

It also bugs me that so many have found their way to the cyber world these days, a natural progression of course but irritating none the less.

Netflix is the worst to me as their pop ups seem to be able to defeat all the pop up blockers that I have ever tried. And now we get commercials for a lot of online vids including some on YouTube vids.

I have never in my life seen a commercial and then wanted to run out and buy any particular product because of it. 50+ years and not the first one has worked on me, rather the more annoying the commercial is and the more that I see them the less chance that I will ever try their products.

Yep! I was about to say the J.G. Wentworth commercials make me feel like I've got one nerve left and it's being raked over a cheese grater. Those and the dang Bart Durham commercials with the cheesy acting.

Edited by res308
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thought had run across my mind before, maybe somebody here smarter than me can sort this out.

How much cheaper would cars be if they stopped all the advertisements or reduced the frequency of them considerably? Take your local news cast for instance. On every local channel during the news at each break, there is at least one car commercial, usually more than that. Add in all the radio advertisements, magazines and newspapers, I would hazard a guess that these ads make the price of a car go up considerably.

Guess I must be the only who can't the Progressive Ins. and Gieco Ins. ones

I would never do business with these companies, after hearing their constant their annoying advertising. When I hear them, the station button gets used immediately.

1. Old Spice (does your man...?)

2. Dairy Queen ("ridiculous" commercials..)

3. The stupid nationwide guy with the rotary phone

4. "Hey buddy, call Hullco" and then a 5 year old "Cawl mah daddy..". Nice to whore your kids out like that.

5. ANY, and I mean ANY, of the personal injury lawyers in Chattanooga

I don't think there's enough bandwidth for me to list all the commercials that really, really, really grate on my nerves, but those are the big hitters.

Edited by Good_Steward
Guest MERRILL
Any Sonic commercial.
You mean where the two morons are sitting in a car at the drive up and one says that he wants to wake up his tasre buds and goes dinga dinga dinga? I agree 100% that these re the most annoying commericals on TV. I have to change channels when they come on.
1. Old Spice (does your man...?)

2. Dairy Queen ("ridiculous" commercials..)

3. The stupid nationwide guy with the rotary phone

4. "Hey buddy, call Hullco" and then a 5 year old "Cawl mah daddy..". Nice to whore your kids out like that.

5. ANY, and I mean ANY, of the personal injury lawyers in Chattanooga

I don't think there's enough bandwidth for me to list all the commercials that really, really, really grate on my nerves, but those are the big hitters.

Those Dairy Queen spots do suck.

Guest tommy62
Any of them that feature the owner's kid who sounds like they just learned to speak.

I'll have to agree to putting their little snots in the commercial.

Guest Lester Weevils
Radio-Mud, one of the DJs on 105.9 I have actively changed te station because he's just so frickin annoying. Not a commercial I know, but sometimes I'm amazed at how annoying this guy can be in his failed attempts to be funny. As far as commercials go those new Xfinity ones on tv and radio with the crappy songs, also speaking of crappy songs those freecreditreport.com commercials are pretty irritating.

Jed Mescon is a fixture on Chatt TV and Radio. It is at least theoretically possible that somewhere in the universe there exists a more annoying media personality. He is incredibly annoying in person too.

Ads are wasted on me. I tune em out so completely I couldn't tell you what they said right after the commercial plays. Same way with internet ads. Maybe somebody reads em, but if everybody is like me then companies completely waste their money buying internet ads. I can web browse all day thru pages littered with ads without noticing even one.

For me it is the "Get Cash Now" ones with the opera music, those grate on my nerves like no other.

It also bugs me that so many have found their way to the cyber world these days, a natural progression of course but irritating none the less.

Netflix is the worst to me as their pop ups seem to be able to defeat all the pop up blockers that I have ever tried. And now we get commercials for a lot of online vids including some on YouTube vids.

I have never in my life seen a commercial and then wanted to run out and buy any particular product because of it. 50+ years and not the first one has worked on me, rather the more annoying the commercial is and the more that I see them the less chance that I will ever try their products.

The Wentworth, Need my cash now is at the top of my list as well. Thankful

for the mute button.

Guest brandon_pitt
A screaming little pre-adolescent girl screeching "Hurt bad?.....CALL MY DAD!!"

+1 I couldn't think of it until I saw your post. :):wall::wall::wall:

Guest brandon_pitt
A screaming little pre-adolescent girl screeching "Hurt bad?.....CALL MY DAD!!"

+1 I couldn't think of it until I saw your post. :)

Guess I must be the only who can't the Progressive Ins. and Gieco Ins. ones

I actually think that Flo (on the Progressive commercials) is pretty hot. Not even sure I could say why but hot nonetheless.