New Diamondback DB9 9mm 12oz pistol

graycrait

Attached is the Glock-like Diamondback DB9 9mm pocket pistol pictured with its Glock cousins for size comparison.

Weight empty G26 w/mag 21.9 oz/ 12.7oz DB empty w/mag. G26 loaded 26.5oz/15.6oz DB9 loaded with 7 rds.

Width G26 1.16"/.8" DB9. Length G26 6.25"/5.5" DB9. Height G26 4.75"/4.00" DB9.

I hope to shoot the DB9 within the next 7 days.

DB9wGlocks261917.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rightwinger, I like the feel of this one as is pretty much. Depends on how it shoots I may end up putting on a homemade bit of bicycle inner tube grip cover, but maybe not even that - as you said it feels pretty decent in the hand for a pocket rocket. Trigger is superb compared to Keltecs PF9, P11, P3AT or P32 or Ruger LC9. Size beats LC9 or Kimber Solo hands down. I'll be amazed if I can get 500 rds down the pipe without a MALF. If it does that I will get 1 or 2 more. I want to ride this one out with Diamondback come hell or high water. The size, weight, feel and overall design is perfect for pocket carry in a caliber that counts.

Ah Ha! So you went ahead and bought the DB9 anyway didn't you! Like the other's I really want to find out how this pistol work's out because it is so compact. I'm still leaning toward's waiting for a 2nd gen model but if your's will run long term w/o problem's I'll change my mind. The DB9 does feel better in handling than the PF9 and is priced right as well.

Checked out the DB9 this afternoon at D&T. Like the feel of it, definitely more so than the PF9. No slide lock or external safety. Don't really know why, but the lack of a slide lock bothered me. Fit and finish are fine to acceptable. The little gun seems very tight and well made for the latest piece of plastic on the market. And the size is really good. Comparable to the LCP, perhaps not as comfortable for me to hold.

Anyway, it's another in the line of trying to produce the perfect smallest/biggest caliber possible combo. Didn't care for the PF9, too snappy for my taste. Don't like the PPs 40 I bought...same issue, only worse.

I'm intrigued by the DB9, not enough to buy right now. Would like to shoot one first.