CZ P07 Duty

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people will say that CZ's are some of the must underrated guns on the market. I haven't owned one yet but they sure are sweet shooters. I really want the 75 Compact or the Rami. For some reason the P07 doesn't appeal to me but I have no doubt it would be a great gun! You should buy one and then do a range report for us ;)

The only downside is that CZ's are sometimes hard to find. Most stores don't stock them and if they do they only have a few models.

Edited by Erik88
Does anyone have any experiance with this gun? I have never owned a CZ so any info you might have on this particular pistol or the brand would be appreciated.

Here's a link to the website. Thanks for the help

CZ-USA -> CZ P07 DUTY

I had a P07 Duty in 9mm back around 2 yrs ago . I went against my own judgement and bought a new product right when it came out . Now I am a big CZ fan and always will be , but I just dont think they have gotten things right in the polymer-gun department like Glock and such . Here is what happened with my new P07 : I bought it new and shot around 150 rds through it . The trigger was only resetting every other time . The guide rod was being "eaten up" by the slide and/or something else . And the magazines would not eject freely no matter if they were full or empty . I sent it back to CZ and they sent me a whole new pistol . Great service , but I couldnt trust it . I traded it in on a new Springfield-Armory XD-9 .

Like I said , I love CZ and have a 75B and a P01 as a carry gun , but I am gonna wait till around 2 more yrs to try the CZ polymer pistols .

Edited by tercel89

I had a P07 about two years ago as well and didn't have any issues with it. The only thing I didn't like was at the time there were no holsters, sights, or parts available. Now there are and it has me thinking about another one. I currently carry a 2075 Rami P that I really like. Here is the link to my review of my P07. http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/25100-cz-p07-range-report.html

Guest WyattEarp
Does anyone have any experiance with this gun? I have never owned a CZ so any info you might have on this particular pistol or the brand would be appreciated.

Here's a link to the website. Thanks for the help

CZ-USA -> CZ P07 DUTY

here's a few threads I've started on the CZ 75 P-07 Duty

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/54048-cz-75-p-07-duty-40-review.html

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/58784-common-cz-firearms-modifications-improvements.html

I have also done some research over at P07 Duty Club

and I've seen a lot of people reporting they are having issues with the 9mm version. The reviews in my first thread echo that the 9mm has issues, but the .40 version seems pretty solid, and I will be picking up .40 version in September.

Many people will say that CZ's are some of the must underrated guns on the market. I haven't owned one yet but they sure are sweet shooters. I really want the 75 Compact or the Rami. For some reason the P07 doesn't appeal to me but I have no doubt it would be a great gun! You should buy one and then do a range report for us ;)

The only downside is that CZ's are sometimes hard to find. Most stores don't stock them and if they do they only have a few models.

If it's not in stock, most stores can order them (Guns and Leather can, and so can the Outpost). You can also order direct from CZ, have it sent to CZ Customs, they can modify the trigger pull and recoil spring, add a fiber optic front sight or any other modifications listed, then sent to the FFL of your choice. You pay CZ directly, you pay the FFL for the transfer fee and the TBI Background check.

My first handgun was the CZ 75 P-07 Duty. I do not have the gun anymore and sometimes I regret selling it. This was the handgun I took my CCW permit with and I shot 100%. The gun was very accurate. The reason I sold the gun was some of the same reasons Smith had; lack of holsters, parts, and I was not accustom the SA/DA trigger at the time.

Guest bkelm18

The P-07 9mm seems to definitely be the problem child. So far as I've heard, the .40 is solid. I had a P-01 a few years ago. I really regret selling it. Fit my hand like a glove.

Edited by bkelm18
The P-07 9mm seems to definitely be the problem child. Many complaints but so far as I've heard, the .40 is solid. I had a P-01 a few years ago. I really regret selling it. Fit my hand like a glove.

I've not kept up with the issues, but IIRC the main issues were with the first batch of P07's. As far as I've read all those issues were corrected over a year ago. As to the infamous "frame bulge", I was the first one to report and send it in for this and it is a non issue. My Rami does the same thing and there have been no problems associated with the cosmetic flaw.

I too, got the P07 when it first came out. Took my CCW test with it, as well. One of the best feeling guns I've ever held. Unfortunately, the gun suffered from some of the aforementioned problems, such as magazines not dropping, guide rod being chewed up. I returned the gun to CZ on their dime and promptly received a new gun. I traded it the next day for an M&P9c. Props to CZ-USA for taking care of the customer. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another CZ. Just not one of the early P07's.