2011 College Football Season

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anadais
if I were in that house, I'd have to lean to the right! lol.

Actually, I am divided since I attended both UA and UT, :screwy:

I love the college football stuff. Every game is a playoff. Sooner or later one team rises above all others. Then they get the crap kicked out of them by whoever the SEC champion happens to be.

LOL, Truth!

Guest J.D. Skull

It is almost impossible for a SEC team to have a undefeated season. You can't look past any SEC team (except Vandy). Even Old Miss and UK can step up and kick azz. Every SEC game is a playoff game. SEC RULES!

I'm SUPER PUMPED for the MTSU vs UT game also!!! I went to MTSU and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the upset!!!! Go Blue Raiders!!

With this season you may see it. Vegas put us at 6.5 wins this season (or so I hear). If that's true I'm taking the over.

Anyone else keeping up with "suitgate" that Alabama is dealing with now? More than likely they will be facing a NCAA investigation pretty soon. More info here. SPORTSbyBROOKS and here Search t-town menswear : Out Kick The Coverage

Yah, I'm pretty plugged in to that situation, actually - nothing will come of it. The NCAA wasn't even notified as Alabama showed everything to the SEC office and zero violations were found.

Yah, I'm pretty plugged in to that situation, actually - nothing will come of it. The NCAA wasn't even notified as Alabama showed everything to the SEC office and zero violations were found.

We will see. I don't think it is as over as you think, or hope, it is.

We will see. I don't think it is as over as you think, or hope, it is.

It's not hope, I have ties to the AD.

Auburn fans started this in hopes it would mushroom - Brooks and Travis have run with it, trying to get web hits, but no one else is touching it as it was properly handled by compliance.

Believe what you want, but even the SEC office agreed there was nothing to it and therefore it wasn't reported.

Remember - Alabama is on probation right now - they are unwilling to play around with any violations they find as if they go unreported, the NCAA will hammer them...

Guest WyattEarp
It's not hope, I have ties to the AD.

Auburn fans started this in hopes it would mushroom - Brooks and Travis have run with it, trying to get web hits, but no one else is touching it as it was properly handled by compliance.

Believe what you want, but even the SEC office agreed there was nothing to it and therefore it wasn't reported.

Remember - Alabama is on probation right now - they are unwilling to play around with any violations they find as if they go unreported, the NCAA will hammer them...

according to this article, Alabama DID NOT report this the SEC. The article is dated July 27th, 2011.

Alabama Crimson Tide Zone | Alabama football in the clear so far in T-Town Menswear situation

In this case, UA felt strongly enough about its findings that it did not report them to the SEC or NCAA.
If UA claims that Albetar wasn't a booster how can they disassociate him?

You don't have to be a booster to be disassociated - it simply means you're prohibited from athletic activities.

Albetar was sent a C&D letter late 2010, when it was found he had not complied, he was disassociated.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Victor9er
image_thumb7.png

LSU players arrested for felony battery in fight at Baton Rouge bar. Jefferson suspended from team indefinitely pending outcome. Jarrett Lee to start.

LSU players turn themselves in after arrest warrants issued - ESPN

While I'm embarrassed about this incident because it reflects so badly on the team, university, and my home state... I'll say this. I'm glad Jefferson got suspended for this crap. There was NO EXCUSE in my mind for him to even be in that situation to begin with. That is NOT what being a senior starting QB on a nationally top-five ranked team is about. Or any team for that matter...

And as far as the season goes... no big loss in my book. Jefferson never did inspire a lot of confidence in me. In fact, I'm surprised we were even able to win 11 games last year DESPITE the play of Jefferson. There was hardly any passing game at all, the guy only had 7 TD passes (vs. 10 INTs) all season long... and 3 of those came in the bowl game! I think Army was the only team in the nation that had fewer TD passes than LSU last year.

Lee is a 5th year senior, and thanks to the Ryan Perrilloux situation he was forced to play earlier than he was ready. I'm hoping he's learned from his time on the sideline since then... and if I do recall it was Lee that lead LSU down on the game winning drive against Tenn last year.

Edited by Victor9er

From what I have read, Jefferson and Lee battled all through Spring practice and camp for the starting job. I don't think LSU will be much worse without Jefferson. He is like Jansen Jackson was at UT, a big distraction to the team. Coach Dooley got rid of Jackson, I suspect the same will happen to Jefferson at LSU.

I'm ready for some football though. It can't get here quick enough. I've already got my tickets for UT.

From what I have read, Jefferson and Lee battled all through Spring practice and camp for the starting job. I don't think LSU will be much worse without Jefferson. He is like Jansen Jackson was at UT, a big distraction to the team. Coach Dooley got rid of Jackson, I suspect the same will happen to Jefferson at LSU.

I'm ready for some football though. It can't get here quick enough. I've already got my tickets for UT.

I thought Jackson was back. As a team leader ? I may be wrong just thought I saw that on the news.