2011 College Football Season

Guest WyattEarp

Guest Sgt. Joe
dayum Georgia has some UGLY uniforms

Aint that the truth.:)

And while all I saw were highlights it looked like FL was wearing flipping RED today.:eek:

I hated to see Boise come into an SEC house and put one on the Dawgs, that was quite an accomplishment for them. But LSU sure didnt have any trouble with the Ducks although they always seem to get lucky breaks and the Ducks kept coughing up the ball. No one can win like that. I wonder how they feel after having their best season ever last year only to end it with a whoopping from an SEC team and then starting this year with another.;)

The only thing I have against ND is that they wont join a conference, they are the last major hold-out and sure it is about money, when it makes money sense to them they will join somewhere.

But do not take away from South FL either, that team has paid it's dues and spent it's time traveling around to the big boys and taking their whoppings and big checks away. They have been getting better every year as are the Central FL Knights. There may come a day soon that FL, FSU and the Canes have serious competition within their own state.

BTW....Who thinks what about Texas A&M coming into the SEC? I have heard that if they do that WV would be the likely addition to the East. I have to believe that now that A&M has given official notice that they have been told by the SEC that they will be accepted which means that we will probably bring in someone for the East also. They dont have to but I feel that they will.

Good to see other Gators here but boy do we have a schedule this year, Open with TN as always but then take that 20+ game streak into KY, I hate when streaks get sooooooo long as every streak eventually ends. 20+ against Vandy too.

Then after Bama comes to the swamp for the first time in a good while we then have LSU, Auburn and GA in a row all away from home. Although the GA game is but a 45 minute ride away that is another 5-6 game streak going on.

I said early last year that it would likely come down to the winner of FL-SC being the winner of the East and that the Ole ball coach would finally pull it off and he did. I think that SC is likely to be there again but dont have a lot of hope that by the time FL goes up there for the last conference game that even winning will make much difference. (yet I hope) But I still dont think SC can beat whoever wins the West.

My Gators are going to have to be a whole lot better than I expect they are in order to win much of anything this year....I DO hope they are better than I think they are.

At any rate IT IS ON and I am happy.:D

Right now I think the team that wins the SEC West will win the NC and with Boise's schedule going forward they are likely to be the other team in the game.

But the main reason I like the college game so much is that it is so unpredictable.....Any Saturday;)

Go Go Gators.....and if it cant be us, let us at least keep the Big Trophy in the SEC:)

Edited by Sgt. Joe
Fonts went micro tiny for some reason
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

Just some good FYI for us Southern folk who like our College Football:D

SEC Dominance of "BCS" National Championship Games

1998 Tennessee 23..... FSU 16 Beat Ms St. for SEC

1999 FSU 46..... V-Tech 29

2000 Oklahoma 13..... FSU 02

2001 Miami 32..... Nebraska 14

2002 Ohio St. 31..... Miami 24

2003 LSU 21..... Oklahoma 14 Beat GA for SEC

2004 USC 55..... Oklahoma 19 USC's Win Vacated No Official Champion

2005 Texas 41..... USC 38 USC Appearance Vacated

2006 Florida 41..... Ohio St. 14 Beat Arkansas for SEC

2007 LSU 38..... Ohio St 24 Beat TN for SEC

2008 Florida 24..... Oklahoma 14 Beat Bama for SEC

2009 Alabama 37..... Texas 21 Beat FL for SEC

2010 Auburn 22..... Oregon 19 Beat SC for SEC

The SEC has more wins (7) in the BCS Championship Game than any other Conference has appearances!

The Big 12 is next with 5 appearances but only 2 wins.

Only Florida and LSU have more than one BCS Title and are tied at two each.

13 games......Seven SEC wins! Zero SEC losses...If one of us makes it...we win it:)

Ohio St, FSU and Oklahoma have the most appearances with three, ALL of them are 1-2 in those games.

FSU's 3 appearances were back-to-back-to back in the first three BCS Championship Games....Loss, Win, Loss.

USC had a split of their back-to-back games but both appearances were vacated by the powers that be.:)

Ohio St. meanwhile lost both of their their back-to back appearances. To the SEC of course.;)

SEVEN Appearances for the SEC = SEVEN Wins.......1000%:D

Yes I LOVE College Football and my Conference even as much of a Bear it is to play in. I simply wouldnt want it any other way.

But I will give credit where credit is due in that in ALL recognized National Championships, while led by the likes of Princeton, Yale and (cough) ND. Alabama is by far the leader from our conference with I think 17-18 titles and places 4th on that list IIRC.

Interesting facts about the SEC Championship Game.

Florida has been in 10 of 19 total games and is 7-3 in those games.

Next up is Alabama with 7 appearances in the game (ALL against FL:tinfoil:) and they are 3-4. Since ALL of Bama's games have been against FL thus so have all of their SEC Championship Wins and all of FL's SEC Championship game losses.

Bama and FL have played each other more than any other two teams have, (7) including the first 3 games and 4 of the first 5. Bama is however the last winner of this Dec. meeting.

Next is TN with 5 appearances, they are 2-3

LSU and Auburn have been to 4 games, Auburn is 2-2 while LSU is 3-1

GA follows with a 2-1 record in 3 games.

Very little other conference participation in the game.

Only three teams hold winning records in the SEC Championship game

FL 7-3, LSU 3-1 and GA 2-1

I guess one could say that if the SEC rules the BCS and FL rules the SEC that FL rules period.

I just wish I had that kind of confidence in the FL team this year....I do hope they surprise me though.:eek:

The reason for all this trival information is that I was bored, and frankly I like what I see.:D

Good first weekend of college football. I was at the UT game so I didn't get to see the two big games of LSU/Oregon and BS/UGA. For you guys that watched the LSU/Oregon game, is LSU that good was Oregon just over ranked?

The Notre Dame games score is really misleading. I think ND had over 500 yards compaired to the other teams 250 something. It seems like that last few years that ND has kinda played up or down to their opponent. I know this well because UT does it all the time. I'm not a ND fan by any means, but that was just my observations from yesterdays game.

It rained like hell for about 1.5 hours at the UT game. We walked up to the concourse and watched it rain in the dry. Lots of people got soaked to the bone though.

Next week is big for South Carolina and UGA. Can't wait for it.

I wish they could scatter some of the games out during the week. I know its not practical,but you've got so many games crammed into a single day its hard to follow if you're interested in more than one. I understand saturady is "game day" but It would be nice to watch a couple of good games thru the week.

Guest WyattEarp

lol at Georgia getting spanked by Boise State last night. Richt will be looking for a new job before long, how he's kept his job this year is something I don't understand. Georgia fans should be super ticked off right now.

Notre Dame didn't quit, but they didn't do enough to win that game. Major issues at QB, O-Line, and on defense. not what I was expecting to see to open up the season.

Oklahoma looks good, but real test comes against the Seminoles in two weeks in Tallahassee.

Big 12 and the Big East are the only conferences to win all of their games in Week 1 (Texas A&M didn't play).

Guest lostpass
Oregon has hundreds of combinations of different uniforms. Never really understood that myself.

I think that is a Nike thing. IF you could put a different shirt on for every game you can sell more jerseys or something. A fine concept I suppose but many of the combos a frickin ugly. Not as ugly as the abomination that Maryland is wearing tonight but repellent none the less.

But I'm ancient. I like the classic stuff. UT's look is good, Nebraskas look is good, Penn State is nice for that old school feel. I really like Georgia's usual uniform but that power rangers crap sucked the other night.

I suppose I would admit, if pressed, that Alabama's uniforms are also pretty fair. I've heard that the use numbers on the helmet instead of a letter because the players can't read. That seems crazy, I mean Nebraska uses a letter and even if you don't get it at first by the time you are a senior you know that the "N" stands for knowledge.

Good gravy, I just talked about uniforms like they matter. Option Wing T! Wideout left! Isolation blue! Weakside blitz! Now I'll eat a pound of beef jerky and see if I can get my man card back.

Guest Sgt. Joe
Yeah Florida has two best defenses back to back

Also srg Joe. Don't forget the year auburn went undefeAted and didn't make title game

YEP, I get reminded every time I talk with a friend who is an Auburn grad, the are still pretty upset and I cant say that I blame them. IIRC the same thing happened to Bosie one year too but it aint like they play in the SEC and went undefeated.

Guest WyattEarp

too bad I missed the Notre Dame vs. Michigan game, but I got to listen to the last 9 minutes of the game in the car, and wow, what an emotional 9 minutes that was.

Instant classic, but ND's defense just sucks! I like the QB Rees (Spelling?), he shows a lot of promise. I was ecstatic when we went 64 yds in 3 plays to score with 38 seconds, then I went to deflated when Michigan went 80 yds in 3 plays as time expired. sigh. there's always next year.

next week we're sure to get trounced by Michigan State.

Instant classic, but ND's Gary Gray just sucks!

fixed that for you.

what a nightmare that game was. Even when ND went ahead at the end I was asking how are we going to blow this? Questioned was answered quick enough.

I don't see any way they beat State.

Guest Sgt. Joe
hahaha

I'm happy for ya Mike, it kinda surprised a lot of folks but likely no more than those on the losing team:p

And as ugly IMO as it was FL makes it seven in a row over TN.:) I do not however have any doubt that the streak will stop there, TN is gonna be damn good next year with all the key guys coming back.

Go Gators

Losing Justin Hunter early in the UT-UF game killed UT. They are so young, and being in the swamp they couldn't ever get it back together mentally. O-line played like crap. I have no idea where Tauren Poole was most of the game? I think he had 8 or 9 carries on the day. And defense couldnt tackle to save their life. They should have lost by 3 touchdowns, but Florida's DB's can't catch and left a lot of points on the field.