2011 College Football Season

Guest WyattEarp

Guest WyattEarp

40 days till the 2011 College Football Season kicks off! Who's ready? I'm pumped for the season, and ready for some football!

I'm a big Sooners Fan and Notre Dame Irish Fan and this season looks promising!

Great primetime game to open the season on September 3rd between Oregon and LSU @ 7 pm.

I am also an MTSU student, and I'll be working for the MTSU Sideline newspaper doing photography during the home games (maybe the away games, but it just depends), hope to make the trip to Knoxville for the MTSU vs. UT game, and hope that MTSU can pull the upset (probably won't happen, but in college football anything's possible). :)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm am ready for some football myself. Hoping Bama can live up the preseason hype. ROLL TIDE!! On a side note, I would love to get tickets to the AL/TN game. I have checked rolltide.com and they don't have any available yet. They state the price of the tickets as $85 each. I found tickets on stubhub.com and they want $145/min for tickets...OUCH.:eek: If tickets are that expensive then I guess I'll just go to a sportsbar with my friends and just watch it there. I know it is a big rivalry game and the tickets cost more but, $%#@...that's outrageous. Maybe I'll luck up on some cheaper possibly...:P

Guest WyattEarp
I'm am ready for some football myself. Hoping Bama can live up the preseason hype. ROLL TIDE!! On a side note, I would love to get tickets to the AL/TN game. I have checked rolltide.com and they don't have any available yet. They state the price of the tickets as $85 each. I found tickets on stubhub.com and they want $145/min for tickets...OUCH.:eek: If tickets are that expensive then I guess I'll just go to a sportsbar with my friends and just watch it there. I know it is a big rivalry game and the tickets cost more but, $%#@...that's outrageous. Maybe I'll luck up on some cheaper possibly...:P

if you know what to look for, you can always stand outside the gates, and get tickets for a decent price about 5-10 minutes after kickoff. or you could also watch craiglist.

Guest J.D. Skull

If it aint SEC it aint football. All other so called conferences have 2 or 3 rarely 4 good teams and the rest are Vandy's. The SEC only has 1 Vandy.:eek:

I couldn't be more ready for football! I'm a huge Notre Dame fan myself and I can't waitr to see what BK does for the team this year. I'm also ready to see USC flop and see what Bama can do with all their changes in skill positions this year.

There were more credentialed press at SEC media days than there has ever been before. I heard on the radio that it was the second biggest press event outside of the Super Bowl. Looks like there are a lot of other people ready for some college football too.

Probably going to be another 6-6 season for the Vols, but I think they are headed in the right direction.

Guest WyattEarp
If it aint SEC it aint football. All other so called conferences have 2 or 3 rarely 4 good teams and the rest are Vandy's. The SEC only has 1 Vandy.:)

you forgot Kentucky and Ole Miss. :D

I couldn't be more ready for football! I'm a huge Notre Dame fan myself and I can't waitr to see what BK does for the team this year. I'm also ready to see USC flop and see what Bama can do with all their changes in skill positions this year.

we should get some other fellow Domer fans together and either meet at Buffalo Wild Wings and watch the game or someone can host who has a big screen and ample seating (i would volunteer, but my place wouldn't have ample seating for such an event).

glad to see some fellow Irish fans on here!

Go Irish! Time to wake up the echoes.

I doubt there is any conference that would turn down their application for entry.

woot

Tide, get ready to Roll, Tide, get ready to Roll!

if I had to choose an SEC team to like it would be the Alabama Crimson Tide. 1.) to spite Vols fans. 2.) I admire Bear Bryant's coaching history 3.) They've won a lot of National Championships and are rich in tradition and success.

There were more credentialed press at SEC media days than there has ever been before. I heard on the radio that it was the second biggest press event outside of the Super Bowl. Looks like there are a lot of other people ready for some college football too.

Probably going to be another 6-6 season for the Vols, but I think they are headed in the right direction.

I hope they are. I worry Dooley isn't the guy to take us there

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Guest lostpass

I love the college football stuff. Every game is a playoff. Sooner or later one team rises above all others. Then they get the crap kicked out of them by whoever the SEC champion happens to be.

Guest WyattEarp
So you are a OU, ND, MTSU, and Bama fan? Pick a team and stick with them already.

roflmao, i have "pick a team ADHD"...lol. OU and ND are the 2 I care about. :doh:

I love the college football stuff. Every game is a playoff. Sooner or later one team rises above all others. Then they get the crap kicked out of them by whoever the SEC champion happens to be.

Hahaha, truth.