New "toy"

Guest Len

Guest 1817ak47

I am bringing this back up after a couple of years, though only being a 22, if in magnum it would be of better power as I have seen both 22 long riflwe and WMR(magnum) versions, I like the idea of something about the size of a pocket knife with the 100% fail safe reliability that a revolver functions with. but only as a BUG, not a primary

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one of these for a long time.....sold it last fall to help pay for another gun. I miss it! I had the .22 mag with the short barrel and rosewood grips. It was quite a handful to shoot with the small (and slippery!) little grips. The gun wanted to jump out of my hand. I can see the advantage of the larger folding grip. That's what I'd want if I ever got another one. They're very well made little guns and come with a lifetime warranty.

The worst part about them is reloading. You have to pull the pin and remove the cylinder to reload. I definitely wouldn't want to have to reload one in a hurry!

They make a great BUG, but I used to carry mine mainly for fishing/hiking in snake country. I'd have the first two or three shots loaded with "snake shot" and the last ones with hollow points. That's the bad part about semi-autos. You can use snake shot in them if you want, but they don't have enough power to cycle the slide....you have to do it manually.

I have one. The barrel and frame are one piece if I'm not mistaken. The bore of mine was drilled off center, resulting in a point of impact several feet low and to the right. The hammer will fall from half cock if the trigger is pulled. I carried it in my pocket for a while; until I shot a hole in my pocket with it one day.:) It came home and went back in the box. hasn't been back out since.

• Admin Team

I've got the 22 mag version, sans folding grip and carry it almost all the time. I ended up making a pocket holster that holds both it and my multitool on my weak side. With a little practice, they are suprisingly fast and accurate.

The NAA stuff is great also because it's inexpensive, but by no means cheap. It is a well made product that I have no issue carrying in my pocket.

• Admin Team
The hammer will fall from half cock if the trigger is pulled.

Are you sure you are talking about one of the NAA's? The mini's that I know of don't have a half cock position. They have safety grooves between the cylinders that you set the hammer in to carry it safely. I don't know if this has always been the case, but mine rides in my pocket daily, and neither the hammer or cylinder have ever moved without me purposely doing it.

Guest 1817ak47

correctg me if I am wrong, but couldn't a person carry a spare loaded cylinder for reloading in case they needed too? as it sounds like they are a slow process to reload

• Admin Team

You wouldn't want to try and reload it in a fight. I have several cylinders that I'll take when I go to the range. I can put all 5 rounds into a good group a 5-7 yards in a couple of seconds, but changing cylinders is clunky at best. If you end up having to use this thing, when it's empty you are going to want to ditch it for something better.

Got one. You can carry this is a shirt pocket and no one will know. IMHO, they aren't fun to shoot, and again, IMHO, they aren't that accurate. But they are better than a sharp stick or a rock, and that's the beauty of one of these. I'd prefer my 45. In a pinch, I'd much rather have my 380. But when I simply can't get by with one of these, I'll have that little 22. At close distances, I can hit what I'm shooting at, and that's all that matters. I don't even try to aim, but with practice, I've learned to "point and shoot" well enough to fill a BG's face full of those little 22's. As for the safety grooves, the earliest models didn't have those (if my memory serves), but NAA will upgrade (again, if memory serves -- without a charge).

Guest 1817ak47
Got one. You can carry this is a shirt pocket and no one will know. IMHO, they aren't fun to shoot, and again, IMHO, they aren't that accurate. But they are better than a sharp stick or a rock, and that's the beauty of one of these. I'd prefer my 45. In a pinch, I'd much rather have my 380. But when I simply can't get by with one of these, I'll have that little 22. At close distances, I can hit what I'm shooting at, and that's all that matters. I don't even try to aim, but with practice, I've learned to "point and shoot" well enough to fill a BG's face full of those little 22's. As for the safety grooves, the earliest models didn't have those (if my memory serves), but NAA will upgrade (again, if memory serves -- without a charge).

much agreed, that is why I am kinda interested in one of these, ultra small and conceilable for when a larger gun is out of the question, and 100% reliable revolver too.

lets here more input now

Guest gasman59

My OL has had one of these in .22 WMR ever since we were married. She's never shot it and I haven't either. I guess I need to take it for a test drive.

Question: Can you shoot .22 LR in a .22 WMR?

Guest 1817ak47
My OL has had one of these in .22 WMR ever since we were married. She's never shot it and I haven't either. I guess I need to take it for a test drive.

Question: Can you shoot .22 LR in a .22 WMR?

no, it is unsafe to unless you have a cylinder that is chamber for the 22 long rifle. it says on ther esite that you can get both a magnum and long rifle cylinder for trhem(2 separate cylinders though here is a little info from them that will help to confirm what I said, thought if you read deeper into there sight you will find more info that what I mentioned and what is mentioned on this web page North American Arms
Guest readyaimfire

bought my dad one of these a while back. Talked him into getting his HCP but he often leaves primary in the car (shirt and tie, no jacket). He can carry this thing around the office all day and nobody questions it because they assume its a pocket knife. Its about as accurate as you could expect a 22 mag. in that platform (I got him the "big one), but at least it satisfies the first rule of a gun fight.

Guest BEARMAN

Carried the NAA .22 WMR for years, first two w/ snakeshot, next three w/jhp's....killed lots of vermin around the farm with it...and makes for a d**n good BUG in a pinch.

Check out the leather pocket holster w/ the spare rounds compartment...perfect for the NAA mini revolver.

Like the old saying goes...better to have it,and not need it, than to need it, and not have it!

Great little gun, for the money....wouldn't sell mine! :usa:

Guest 1817ak47

I guess I will soon buy one, I remember seeing those at PDO. I want to get one that has the cylinder for hte magnum, and some include a 2nd spare cylinder chambered for long rifle rounds, good for where you want to carry where you might otherwinse not be able.

I would be curious in shootting some borads to see how deep it would go compared to a more typical length barrel

Are you sure you are talking about one of the NAA's? The mini's that I know of don't have a half cock position. They have safety grooves between the cylinders that you set the hammer in to carry it safely. I don't know if this has always been the case, but mine rides in my pocket daily, and neither the hammer or cylinder have ever moved without me purposely doing it.

Yes, mine has a half cock position. I assume it is to be used when reloading and not as a sefety measure. It does have the safety grooves between chambers. I believe that is where you rest the hammer when not in use.