For those of you with Daughters....

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if it was reversed and it was your son with two girls would you still disown him?

Yes, there is no difference.

I don't think Caster really can say what he would do because he said himself he didn't have any kids of his own. Now he can talk all big and bad about throwing her out, but things change a little when you are really in a situation like that with a child you have raised their whole life.

People say that there is nothing their kids could to make them stop loving them, and I believe that is true.

You're right, I have no spawn to deal with (thank you Lord)

Jason, it's not big and bad talk, it's the fallacy of family. People labor under the delusion that blood relation forces them to suffer their idiocy. Rubbish! I don't hate my family (blood) but it's been nigh a decade since I have talked to any of them and I'll likely die before I do. I can not and will not tolerate their lunacy, I will not put aside differences in belief just so I can sit down and have an awkward meal with them twice a year. It's stupid. You can (I have) forgive and forget, and not go back. People torment themselves because they think "Oh they're my family, I HAVE to put up with them, I HAVE to talk to them" That's crap.

If I had a child boy or girl like the story in the OP, they would be tossed out, last words would be, "I love you, I forgive you, I wish you well, but you don't have a home here. You were taught better than this. " If that's too tough or you wanna call it BS, then I think you and I can both agree it was a good decision on me and my wife's part to choose not to perpetuate my bloodline.

Guest RevScottie
I'm really surprised at some of the "if that was my daughter, she'd be dead to me/living on the streets" comments.

Why would y'all rid yourselves of family over a kid being a kid? I get the whole sex is evil thing. But isn't family more important then that? Isn't family more important then your opinion on what an old book says? Isn't family more important then some little mistake? Isn't the love for your kid the most important thing in the world? And to toss all of that out the window over a kid's experimentation is sad. It's really sad.

Doesn't the very idea of love and what constitutes a family come from some "old book"? If not then where does it come from and you can't answer nature because in nature some species eat their young. :)

Yes, there is no difference.

You're right, I have no spawn to deal with (thank you Lord)

Jason, it's not big and bad talk, it's the fallacy of family. People labor under the delusion that blood relation forces them to suffer their idiocy. Rubbish! I don't hate my family (blood) but it's been nigh a decade since I have talked to any of them and I'll likely die before I do. I can not and will not tolerate their lunacy, I will not put aside differences in belief just so I can sit down and have an awkward meal with them twice a year. It's stupid. You can (I have) forgive and forget, and not go back. People torment themselves because they think "Oh they're my family, I HAVE to put up with them, I HAVE to talk to them" That's crap.

If I had a child boy or girl like the story in the OP, they would be tossed out, last words would be, "I love you, I forgive you, I wish you well, but you don't have a home here. You were taught better than this. " If that's too tough or you wanna call it BS, then I think you and I can both agree it was a good decision on me and my wife's part to choose not to perpetuate my bloodline.

I have stated on this forum before that I have very little family. I have a niece (I tolerate her parents) and my father whom I've only recently started associating with. The rest are either dead or I have not seen or spoken to in years. So I know exactly what you're saying here.

But the thing is, a child is not like family. A child is your offspring. A child is automatically the most important thing in the world.

We can all understand kicking a child out of your home over tough love or because of other uncorrectable circumstances. That happens everyday.

But to say that your child is dead to you is a whole 'nother ballgame. That is sad. It's week-minded. It's pathetic. And to do that over sex, something everyone does, or because of what belief one has, is even worse.

As Rev says below, the good book (any of them) teaches love and forgiveness. But apparently some choose to forget about that teaching when it comes to the teaching that sex is for married people only :confused:

Doesn't the very idea of love and what constitutes a family come from some "old book"? If not then where does it come from and you can't answer nature because in nature some species eat their young. :)

You think that only those that live by the bible are capable of love?

Love is something you feel for someone else. I don't know about you, but I do not need someone or something to teach me how to feel.

As Rev says below, the good book (any of them) teaches love and forgiveness. But apparently some choose to forget about that teaching when it comes to the teaching that sex is for married people only :confused:

Where does the mentality of forgiveness equals acceptance come from? You can forgive someone and never have anything else to do with someone. Where does this nonsense of "having to talk and interact" with someone come from? It's insanity. It is entirely possible to say "I don't want to see or speak to you" and not say it out of hate, resentment or spite.

Hey, maybe you're right, but I see what parents (including mine) put up with just for the privilege of raising a kid. The return on the investment is poor. Even for folks with genuinely good kids, the cost is awful high for what? An emotional reward?

Mehh, that's enough out of me. Be safe, be well.:confused: