Fanny Pack for Conceal Carry

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish that more people would wear fanny packs (and even carry guns in them).

The more "pseudo" open-carry in society, the more used they become to the thought of gun carry in public. They think the guns are all around them, and are perplexed when "nothing happens" just because of "guns in public". I want them to meditate on stuff like that.

B.

So I see this guy in his 30's wearing a camo fanny pack today.

Apparently it wasn't very good quality camo or you wouldn't have been able to see it at all. And what better way to carry concealed than in a pouch that can't be seen?

I can see them having their uses but not for daily carry.

When hiking, hunting, mountain bike riding, or anything else outdoors where your holster would be incredible inconvenient. it would be great.

I can see that they could be useful, but I've managed over 60 years without one, and don't plan to change for the next few years.

Guest Lester Weevils
I can see that they could be useful, but I've managed over 60 years without one, and don't plan to change for the next few years.

Cargo pants go a long way to filling the same niche as a fanny pack. Unless cargo pants are also sissy.

I will say that a camo one is going to make anyone "in the know" think "gun". Get a neon blue or something so you look like a tourist, not military green or camo so you look like someone trying to hide a gun. Its worse than wearing a large belt--- you may as well get a t-shirt that says "GUN HERE" with a big arrow pointing to it.

The only people that think GUN! when they see a fanny pack, fishing vest or a guy pulling his frickin pants up are folks on gun boards.

The same guys that say a clip should only be called a mag.

Yeah, we get it. You want people on the internet to think you're abadass operator that knows everything :lol:

A fishing vest does not necessarily stand out and yell, "Gun," if you use one to conceal your firearm while you are fishing. Works for me when I'm trout fishing, anyway. Then, again, a big waist pack works better for hiding my full-size .357 and does a good job of keeping the gun out of the water and dry when I wade out thigh-deep after trout. So if you see me standing in the middle of the Tellico river wearing my fishing vest (I only wear it for trout fishing, not for other types of fishing) and a large waist pack then you'll know why.

The only people that think GUN! when they see a fanny pack, fishing vest or a guy pulling his frickin pants up are folks on gun boards.The same guys that say a clip should only be called a mag. Yeah, we get it. You want people on the internet to think you're abadass operator that knows everything ;)
When out and about I do play the "spot the gun" game for fun. Nothing more, just for fun. And I see few, and as I said most of the time when you spot one its some guy (I have yet to spot one on a female, by the way) with a massive belt or oversized clothing. I have not seen a fanny pack out and about, but if I did see a camo one on a guy, I would look carefully. For the fun of it, because I get bored shopping etc. I freely admit there is a lot I do not know, unlike the mindreaders who can tell what I am thinking at any given moment. Who was the know it all again? What I am thinking right now is that your crystal ball is on the blink, but you knew that.
Apparently it wasn't very good quality camo or you wouldn't have been able to see it at all. And what better way to carry concealed than in a pouch that can't be seen?
Duh, because eventually, you'll set it down and never find it again.

Mac

Okay, because of this thread I am going to make a conscious effort to use my concealed carry waist pack more often from now on. Matter of fact, I am going to make a conscious effort to use my non-concealed carry waist packs just to carry other stuff when I am not using the concealed carry pack to carry a firearm.

Guest pfries

Well I guess I am ignorant…..

I don’t think anything when I see a fanny pack. As far as when I am hiking I use a thigh-rig I have a standard drop-leg and a high ride drop-leg for when I am wearing shorts.

Guest Lester Weevils
<---- wonders how many folks commenting on the fashion of fanny packs are wearing overalls and flannel :D

I've been known to wear all three at the same time. Sometimes with sandals and white socks!