Sons of Guns Desert Eagle fail

TLRMADE

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This second season has been nearly unwatchable. Seems like they do a LOT of staged set demo charge "explosions" of the targets they are supposedly shooting at. It has become a formula: outrageous project for unspecified "contractor," Will shows his ass, weapon is built but not properly tested, then go to a field and shoot at a prefab shed that is filled with set pyro and demo for a big explosion.

Thought this was pretty funny!

Sons Of Guns.. EPIC FAIL - YouTube

Guest bkelm18
This second season has been nearly unwatchable. Seems like they do a LOT of staged set demo charge "explosions" of the targets they are supposedly shooting at. It has become a formula: outrageous project for unspecified "contractor," Will shows his ass, weapon is built but not properly tested, then go to a field and shoot at a prefab shed that is filled with set pyro and demo for a big explosion.

Yeah, it seems to be settling into that reality show formula.

Sadly this is true. I feel like his daughter is soooo fake all the time. It's unbearable. It has potential to be good but some producer got his hands on it and screwed it up in the name of Awe factor.

Guest bkelm18
Sadly this is true. I feel like his daughter is soooo fake all the time. It's unbearable. It has potential to be good but some producer got his hands on it and screwed it up in the name of Awe factor.

She can be as fake as she wants. She's all kinds of trashy hot. :)

Glad to know that I'm not the only one that Steph gets their nerves. The show does seem to be slipping

Haha I can't stand her either. Like said above this show has a lot of potential but some producer has screwed it up!

Interestingly enough, the show is produced out of Knoxville. Lots o tv made around here. the first season was a big success, ratings wise. They really should get back to consulting their firearms experts and listen less to the "tv people."

She can be as fake as she wants. She's all kinds of trashy hot. :)

Did you notice that she got her teeth fixed for the second season? It also looks like she has had a few "enhancements" too.

I don't care for the show because of all the drama that is added. It is the same formula for all discovery reality shows. First have a one week deadline to finish the project, add some fighting/bickering/romance, a problem pops up during the build, they some how make the deadline and the customer loves it. American Chopper was the same exact thing.

I couldnt make heads or tails of the video, no sound though maybe they were talking? It looks like she shot the DE up close at a big target and hit it once, then got spooked by the recoil and missed the rest? And her friend got some blast wave? Not much of a video, has tv really gotten this bad (I havent watched tv since the 80s).

Nevermind, I see the comments online... they swapped it for a 9mm and she is faking the recoil? Lol. The DE does not have much recoil, I can shoot mine onehanded bullseye style and I am not strong, the design eats most of the .44's energy and the 50 probably is only moderately worse, the 357 is probably gentle as a lamb. Its noisy, but its not a harsh gun, small plastic 9mms jump around more.

Edited by Jonnin
Guest yzfMrLee

Wow, good find on that vid. They do some truly stupid stuff on that show, but I always watched anyway. After this. . . . . . I dunno. Doing stupid stuff like adding all the explosives to the targets is one thing, but just to fake like that. WOW! What was the point? Why not just show her shooting the Desert Eagle?

I tried it for a few weeks in the first season and found it unwatchable - they strike me as idiots with ZERO engineering experience cobbling stuff together.

It's too bad, show like this had potential.

Interestingly enough, the show is produced out of Knoxville. Lots o tv made around here. the first season was a big success, ratings wise. They really should get back to consulting their firearms experts and listen less to the "tv people."

Is it a Scripps production?

Guest Lester Weevils
I couldnt make heads or tails of the video, no sound though maybe they were talking? It looks like she shot the DE up close at a big target and hit it once, then got spooked by the recoil and missed the rest? And her friend got some blast wave? Not much of a video, has tv really gotten this bad (I havent watched tv since the 80s).

Nevermind, I see the comments online... they swapped it for a 9mm and she is faking the recoil? Lol. The DE does not have much recoil, I can shoot mine onehanded bullseye style and I am not strong, the design eats most of the .44's energy and the 50 probably is only moderately worse, the 357 is probably gentle as a lamb. Its noisy, but its not a harsh gun, small plastic 9mms jump around more.

I only shot a .50 DE one time. A decade ago. A young burr head feller on leave from the military kindly offered to let me shoot his. I felt bad accepting because the ammo is so expensive but he declined my offer to pay for the bullets.

Dunno if all the .50 DE ammo is loaded about the same. Maybe some is hotter than others?

Would like to shoot a .50 DE again because maybe am remembering it wrong. It wasn't "stinging" recoil like a tiny blowback .380 or "hurt yer wrist for the rest of the day" recoil like full-tilt-boogie ammo in a .357 snubbie. It was steady pressure recoil like a .45 1911 or a 44 mag. It wasn't painful but I recall the recoil stronger than a .45 or .44 mag. An "irresistable push" recoil. I'm not a weakling but was focused on making sure the pistol recoiled up rather than straight back into the teeth. It was gonna recoil in some direction regardless.

It could be got used to and maybe am remembering it wrong. But if recalling it correctly then a person with weak arms and wrists might get a face full of pistol. At least with the ammo that young dude had.

Maybe the young lady had shot it before the filming and was skeered of it? Or maybe she was more concerned with protecting her dental work rather than cinematic veracity? I've only seen the show a couple of times. Am not defending the show. Merely wasting highly valuable electrons and bits on a dumb post. :)

Well to be fair shooting it 1h I was using low end ammo, not 300 grain hunting loads or 200 grain +p defense loads or any of that! Still, the "weak" stuff is too much for me in my blackhawk (one handed) -- so take your typical big 44 revolver recoil, cut that to about 75%, and that is what we are talking about here. And as you said, think of *that* as a 45 1911 push, not a glock 9mm jerk/slap. Or, perhaps, its probably about like downsizing to 44sp in a big 44mag revolver. Im sure the 50 is a little worse, but rather than shoot a 9mm they could have handed her a 357 DE with medium loads, ANY healthy adult, even a smallish woman, can handle the smaller caliber weapon with a modest load.

lawdy me that was lame. I would expect that from network chans like cbs/fox,etc but TLC, Discovery, NatGeo, History channel I would like to see held a bit more accountable from upper staff. If you purport to be an authority, informational, scientific based etc agency then don't debase yourself pfft.

Guest lostpass

I'm waiting for the episode where some sheriff's office "contacts" Will looking for a suppressed blunderbuss sniper rifle and Will says "it has never been done before, it could change the market"

Seriously, this show is on a way too fast burn. First year you introduce people to the concept. Second year is all about the customers and their weirdness, third year is tension in the shop, fourth year is the love angle and the fifth year, the syndication year year, is the over the top year. Four m 16's on a swivel and so forth. Someone spent a lot of future money to get all the crazy in during the second freaking season.

Guest bkelm18
I'm waiting for the episode where some sheriff's office "contacts" Will looking for a suppressed blunderbuss sniper rifle and Will says "it has never been done before, it could change the market"

Seriously, this show is on a way too fast burn. First year you introduce people to the concept. Second year is all about the customers and their weirdness, third year is tension in the shop, fourth year is the love angle and the fifth year, the syndication year year, is the over the top year. Four m 16's on a swivel and so forth. Someone spent a lot of future money to get all the crazy in during the second freaking season.

Yeah there's a whole lot of "this will change everything" or "change the market". I gotta admit though, an integrally suppressed AK is pretty sweet. Red Jacket makes some fine guns and I'd hate to see them go down in a blaze of fury if this show keeps up. The gun business is one that isn't too forgiving of "mistakes".

Its a reality show we needed like a hole in the head......even as a fan of guns in general that show

is horrendous......Hollywood figures its cheaper to dramatize real life and make a reality show than

it is to hire real talent and entertain folks.........Not interested...Wishing the fad would go away already

Guest Victor9er
Wow, good find on that vid. They do some truly stupid stuff on that show, but I always watched anyway. After this. . . . . . I dunno. Doing stupid stuff like adding all the explosives to the targets is one thing, but just to fake like that. WOW! What was the point? Why not just show her shooting the Desert Eagle?

From what I read, she hurt her wrist the first time she shot the DE, but for whatever reason the producers didn't want to show that footage so they decided to re-shoot it using a "stand-in" gun... thus the 9mm you end up seeing on TV. You have to remember, we only see the footage that the producers want us to see. They don't air everything that they tape, tons of footage gets cut out.

She was raised around guns her entire life and shoots just about everything under the sun, I find it hard to believe that she would be afraid of shooting a DE in real life. Chalk this one up to the savvy genius of TV producers.

My question is this... I didn't watch the episode so was there actually anything that they were able to do to the DE to reduce the recoil? And why did they not suggest to the lady that brought it in that, oh I don't know... maybe, just maybe, the DE is a little too much gun for her to handle and she might want to consider getting something that she can handle?

:)

Edited by Victor9er

The last episode "I think" Will out did his smarta**ness. Vince asked him a question or viceversa and Will went on about how he didn't want a 10 minute conversation. was way over the top being an a**hole I know its TV but,but c'mon treating your own people that way.

Edited by laktrash