C&R FFL

Guest cardcutter

Guest bkelm18
I have a curios question about applying, and I can't seem to figure it out... the 7CR form says on page two:

"are you in possession of a valid hunting license or permit lawfully issued in the U.S. ?"

and below that it says

"...if you answered NO you likely cannot lawfully possess a firearm and therefore cannotbe a federal firearms licensee"

OK.

I don't understand this. Truth be known, I took a hunter safety course back in the day at Bend-of-the-River - when I was a very young squire, and I had a few hunting licenses when I was a kid. Today I do not hold a license to hunt - I am just having a problem understanding how buying old relic guns equates to huntin' for food.

It helps to read the directions. :cool: That section is for non-immigrant aliens. If you are a citizen, skip that section.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cardcutter

as I recall the process was very quick with Midway. The discounts are not so great on things they already have on sale. They are great people to work with.

Guest bkelm18
as I recall the process was very quick with Midway. The discounts are not so great on things they already have on sale. They are great people to work with.

You don't get a discount at all if it's on sale. The sale price is essentially the dealer price.

If you have this license and a gun is delivered to your house and you are not home does ups/fedex need a signature? Cause thats just not something I want them to leave on my doorstep.

I always make sure that the shipper sends C&R items 'signature required'. I also use my office as the 'mailing address' on the C&R form. That is different from the 'premises address', which is my home. Since the mailing address is on the C&R, I have had most shippers send shipments to my office, where I will be to sign for it. I have only had one dealer that would not do that.

Guest bkelm18
I always make sure that the shipper sends C&R items 'signature required'. I also use my office as the 'mailing address' on the C&R form. That is different from the 'premises address', which is my home. Since the mailing address is on the C&R, I have had most shippers send shipments to my office, where I will be to sign for it. I have only had one dealer that would not do that.

That's because they're supposed to ship firearms to your "premises address" only. Your "mailing address" is for correspondence.

Edited by bkelm18
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest cardcutter

Whats the large packed of reading material you all are refering to after the form comes back?

Also, Has anyone bought any C&R maching guns? Thats my goal. (Reising 50)

The packet is all the information you get and will need from BATFE. You need to read through the packet.

As for the "maching guns" are yoreferringng to Machine guns? Fully automatic firearms are not covered by C&R FFL per se. You will still need to go through the process to get a class 3 weapon. I suggest you see a dealer in these arms and get him to walk you through the process

Guest bkelm18
Well guys . My C&R form is in the envelope and going in the mail tomorrow.

Whats the large packed of reading material you all are refering to after the form comes back?

Also, Has anyone bought any C&R maching guns? Thats my goal. (Reising 50)

The packet is full of largely useless info. Most of it pertains to 01FFLs, not 03. Nothing critical as long as you know the purpose of an 03 FFL is to collect, not to engage in business.

Edited by bkelm18
I'm dumb.

This may not be the place for my question, but I couldn't find a more appropriate place:

When it comes to buying and selling, are black powder pistols subject to the same laws as other handguns?

Practically, could a nonFFL nonC&R average citizen sell a black powder pistol across state lines?

This may not be the place for my question, but I couldn't find a more appropriate place:

When it comes to buying and selling, are black powder pistols subject to the same laws as other handguns?

Practically, could a nonFFL nonC&R average citizen sell a black powder pistol across state lines?

An FFL is not required by the Feds, but some states don’t allow it. You would need to know the laws of the states you are shipping between.

• 2 weeks later...
Got my CR FFL in mail today about 2 1/2 weeks , do have a question are there any restrictions on guns that I might not want as I may aquire a better one of. Do I just keep record of disposition ie sell swap . Thanks

You can do whatever you want with your C&R guns. Just as long as you keep the required transfer information. Sell them, trade them, whatever, as long as you can show where they came from and where they went if you get audited.

Guest bkelm18
Got my CR FFL in mail today about 2 1/2 weeks , do have a question are there any restrictions on guns that I might not want as I may aquire a better one of. Do I just keep record of disposition ie sell swap . Thanks

You need to set up a bound book to log your acquisitions and dispositions.

Guest bkelm18
It's on the way

Well there ya go. That's all you need really. You can buy and sell as you please, as long as you don't start making a tangible profit and engaging in business.

• 3 months later...

I have my application ready but the last box you need to initial is for the copy to the Police Chief or Sheriff. I am in Davidson County and made about 20 phones calls today being referred from one number to another, first to Metro Police, then someone had me call the Davidson County Sheriff's office. Then after being referred to half a dozen numbers in the Sheriff's Office I finally had someone that sounded like they knew and sent me back to the police. Then multiple calls from one department to the other in the police department and not one person had any idea to exactly who or what address I should send it too. Ended with a message to the Records Department and haven't had my call returned.

The C&R FFL form says the Police Chief but I imagine in a city the size of Nashville it needs to go to a specific person or department. Does anyone have an department and address to send it to in the Metro Police Department?

Thanks.