Mosin Nagant

SonnyCrockett

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone needs a spam can opener, I will rent mine to you. :)

Reasonable rates

As far M44 pricing goes, I bought mine for $199 from AIM, at the last gun show in Jackson I saw a real nice M44 for $450 and a nice Chinese version for $250.

They were both a lot prettier than mine, though. I'm guessing some restoration work was done on them because neither of them looked like they'd ever been fired.

Wasn't you that was going to test how long you can go without cleaning amosin after shooting corrosive ammo?

How did that go?

Have not shot it since then, I hate these freaking rifles.

I have seen a couple Mosins where the owner claims to have never cleaned them. The bore looks a little like oatmeal but the lands and grooves still looked strong.

As for opening them without a can opener, a large flathead screw driver worked pretty well, they are not too hard to get into.

The Windex boiling water bath helped allot as well as polishing certain areas of the bolt/action area. Tetra grease is good stuff as well. You will find many helpful videos on YouTube that addresses this issue.

Continued shooting/cleaning of the chamber will loosen up the bolt after time. A .45 caliber brush can be used to help clean the chamber. Nothing needs to be polished.

Hey Gar...there's a really nice Finn at the pawnshop in Clinton...the one on the right side going in.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.