who carries at the doctors offices

Guest GLOCKGUY

Guest GLOCKGUY

i was at the doctors offices today and for got to take my gun out and lock it up in the glove box. i was in there getting my back checked out like i do every month. i wore my gun in a small of the back holster. he pulled up my shirt and thats when it hit me i have my G-38 on me :popcorn: he never said a word he checked me out give me my prescriptions and said take care ill see you next month. i thought that was cool that he was cool about it :eek:

Edited by GLOCKGUY
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bulletproof

I can't carry in the building where my doctor is. Although it doesn't have a correctly worded sign it still leaves no doubt because it says "handgun permit holders are not exempt". So I park on the street and leave the gun in the car. He has seen my empty holster many times and never said anything.

Howabout I merge this thread with that one, and throw in some survivalist compound posts for good measure? :D

Doctors:

• The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000
  • Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000
  • Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.

Guns:

• The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000
  • The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500
  • The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of F.B.I.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but almost everyone has at least one doctor.

Well, I'm a health care provider -- I run a small private mental health clinic, so I am sort of on the other end of this discussion.

I have thrown a few folks out of my office or called the cops when they were carrying (guns, knives, whatever), but they were clearly mentally ill and destructive-- they usually got a trip to the Med here in Memphis for an involuntary psychiatric evaluation.

Other times I have had folks in my office who I suspected were carrying, but if they aren't unstable it usually isn't relevant to our business together, so for me it is a don't ask don't tell situation.

And, no one has ever asked me if I am carrying while I am in my office. I keep a firearm within arms' length when I am at work.