I put a Beretta92 FS in my hand, now I am thinking about it.

vontar

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool. That is one way to do it. Thanks...

Doesn't work with BATF though.

Their FAQ has said for years that you must notify shipment carrier of gun shipment, when in fact law clearly states that you must only notify when sending from individual to non-license holder.

But of course BATF, unlike TWRA, doesn't ever even respond.

- OS

i carry a m9 everyday at work and quallify every 6 months with it....it hasnt let me down, then again they proved worthy in the middle of hell back in 90's. we carry 45 rounds (1-15 round mag in the weapon and 2 on our belt) if you can practice keeping your wrist locked on the first 11 pound trigger pull you'll be fine....just clear the weapon and pick you a spot on the wall and dry fire the hell out of it practicing keeping the front sight post fixed on the point on the wall

Guest Wildogre

I have two Beretta 92's one a older 92S and the other a 92FS INOX. I also have a Browning BDA 380 on layaway which was also made by Beretta. The 92S only jammed on me once and that was on the first mag through it. The INOX has never jammed but did have one failure to fire with some Wolf ammo but the second strike set it off.

And yes I want a CX4 and maybe a Tomcat. The last just because.

When I purchased a Beretta several years ago, I wasn't sure if I would like it. It only took a few magazines for me to appreciate how well designed a pistol it is. While I'm still a 1911 addict, both of my M9 pistols are fun and inexpensive for a day at the range.

I had a Beretta 85, a kind of scaled down 92, shoots .380. It was such a nice pistol. I just traded it in for Beretta M9, which is basically a 92fs, because I wanted the larger caliber. Beretta makes beautiful, well operating guns. They're artwork. But really, and I hate saying it because everyone else does, get whatever you like. There's gonna be playas and haters for every make and model of gun out there. I can give you my opinion, that the Beretta 92 is a top of the line pistol that's reliable, accurate, fun to shoot and has a wide selection of aftermarket upgrades, but someone else can come along and say the opposite.

Guest Lester Weevils
I have two Beretta 92's one a older 92S and the other a 92FS INOX. I also have a Browning BDA 380 on layaway which was also made by Beretta. The 92S only jammed on me once and that was on the first mag through it. The INOX has never jammed but did have one failure to fire with some Wolf ammo but the second strike set it off.

And yes I want a CX4 and maybe a Tomcat. The last just because.

I would like to get a Beretta 85 sometime if I ever see a good price on an inox model. Just because. No need for one.

A few months ago got a Stoeger Cougar 9mm. Practically identical to the old Beretta Cougar, a Beretta subsidiary made in Turkey with Beretta tooling. Has the rotating barrel action like the PX4, but has a metal frame rather than PX4 plastic frame.

Except for the rotating barrel lock mechanism, putting a Cougar side-by-side with a Beretta 92-- The operation, grip size, frame+slide height, width, trigger reach and feel, safety reach and feel, take down mechanism, are nearly identical to the 92.

If you line up the grip and trigger, the Cougar is about 1.2" shorter than a 92. That isn't the "literal" difference in length because the shapes of the two guns are slightly different on the back end. You can get Cougars in 9mm, .40, and .45.

Have only put maybe 300 rounds thru it. I don't recall any malfunctions. It is probably not broken in good, and maybe I need to learn to shoot it better. The group size is about the same as any other pistol in my hands. So far the Cougar wants to shoot a couple of inches low at 15 yards but that is likely somehow my fault. Some more skilled people get outstanding accuracy out of them.

At the store buying the Cougar, compared it to a full-size PX4 and the Cougar is also very close in overall "operational" dimensions to the PX4 except the full-size PX4 is a little longer with a 4" barrel, compared to the Cougar 3.6" barrel.

Guess Beretta has a certain size and operation spec they prefer? Seems if you learn to shoot any of their full-size semi pistols then you know how to shoot about any of em?

The only problem I have with a Beretta 92FS is that they are boreing and reliable boreing. I have fired probably 10k-15k rounds through them with the only problem being I discovered a bad magazine one time. If it was the only gun I was able to own I would be quite ok with it. You just can't go wrong. Lightere than most 1911's butstill a little heavy for around the clock carry.

I bought an 85FS a month back. I fairly quickly realized that it wasn't comfortable to carry (for me) and moved over to an M9 last week. I haven't shot it yet, but I can't wait. I do with the LGS had a 92A1 in stock though, I would've preferred that.

The M9 is going to be my home defense gun and I'll pick up a LCP or LC9 for carry. Ruger days is coming to town this weekend, we'll see what deals they have going on.

edit: Realized I said basically the same thing above... my bad. It's been a stressful weekend.

Edited by JRB