New addition today

Parrothead

First off, I owe a big thank you to Tom and Brian at Tri Cities Gun Depot! I try to research my purchases before showing up but i still end up handling every gun in the shop before making a decision.

I have been looking for a winter carry gun. Its been a challenge. I wanted something in .45 but it needed to be concealable but yet large enough to handle comfortably. I can't say enough about how balanced this M&Pc .45 is in my hand. I will take it to the range and give a full report tomorrow. Until then; all i have to offer is a picture11mdumh.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe, mine did not come with factory night sights but i will order some this week. Noting wrong with the stock sights--i just prefer night sights on a carry gun.

On to the range trip. i LOVE this gun. Recoil is very low for a .45 of this size (reminded me of a G26--maybe less.) It will take me a little while to get used to having a manual safety on a carry gun. I fired 120 rounds today (100 blazer, 20 Hornady Critical Defense) and i cannot report any failures. Gun was flawless thus far. I can't wait to take it to the range again. I did miss a little to the left on occasion --not at all the guns fault. I know i was "slapping" the trigger on a few shots....hence the flyer's to the left. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for concealable .45

22ffoy.jpg

I have the full size M&P 45. I like the gun alright but it shoots low :) I have shot it enough to determine that. I need to find a shorter front sight.

Bummer. Although I have since added Trijicon Night Sights, when I bought my M&P 45 it had the factory sights and I do not recall it shooting low. Does S&W have shorter sights available?