Post your pictures of: Your Zippo!

Sandman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

three generations of Zippo's. First one was my grandpa's. It say Verg on this side and his entire name Verg Jump on the other side. The thing is a buddy of his from work engraved it and spelled his name wrong. His name was Virgil Jump. The bare thing on it is from where there was some sort of Gov't employee logo on it that fell off long before I ever got it. He was a meat inspector. The middle one belonged to my father, his name was Harold and he died in 1958 when I was six months old. The third one is the only one of mine I have never lost.

zippos.jpg

three generations of Zippo's. First one was my grandpa's. It say Verg on this side and his entire name Verg Jump on the other side. The thing is a buddy of his from work engraved it and spelled his name wrong. His name was Virgil Jump. The bare thing on it is from where there was some sort of Gov't employee logo on it that fell off long before I ever got it. He was a meat inspector. The middle one belonged to my father, his name was Harold and he died in 1958 when I was six months old. The third one is the only one of mine I have never lost.

zippos.jpg

That is really cool, I wish I had some stuff from my grandfather on my dad's side. Priceless items.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 56.. I don't smoke but I love zippo's I'll have to lay the collection out again and take updated pics.. I'll do that this weekend for you. Here's the one I always carry though. Next to my glock. c6e4e298-f90e-f9c5.jpg

Just a matte black with a brass insert.

Blah blah iPhone blah blah tapatalk.

Don't mention Grandpa's Zippo.

I had my Grandfather's Destroyer Zippo from WWII when I was 20. It fell out of my jacket pocket at IHOP one night after Rocky Horror and was never seen again.

I'll post some pics later, but there was a time when I thought I smoked to justify my Zippo habit.

• 4 months later...

I had a Plank Owners Zippo from the USS Ponce (LPD-15). Someone stole it off the table in a bar one night.

Zippo featuring the USS L.Y. Spear AS-36 Submarine Tender 1973, when I could buy a carton of smokes for $1.35.

What did you do on the Spear? I was a Machinist (MR) on the USS Holland (AS-32) in 74-75.

I think the Spear was in Norfolk when I was there on the Ponce 72-73?

I had a Plank Owners Zippo from the USS Ponce (LPD-15). Someone stole it off the table in a bar one night.

What did you do on the Spear? I was a Machinist (MR) on the USS Holland (AS-32) in 74-75.

I think the Spear was in Norfolk when I was there on the Ponce 72-73?

Ponce%20LPD-15%20Buckle.jpg

I had a couple of regular Ponce zippo's. I was on the Ponce in '73, aft-engineroom snipe. I remember a couple of the Plank Owners that brought her to Norfolk. I came aboard after a back-to-back Carib cruise in December. I transfered to the Spear when the Ponce went to dry-dock in '75.

I had a couple of regular Ponce zippo's. I was on the Ponce in '73, aft-engineroom snipe. I remember a couple of the Plank Owners that brought her to Norfolk. I came aboard after a back-to-back Carib cruise in December. I transfered to the Spear when the Ponce went to dry-dock in '75.

I went on the Ponce about 6 months after she was commissioned (around January of 72 I think). I went on the first cruises in the Caribbean and a Med cruise. I left in 73, but I don’t remember when, I will have to look.

I worked in the Machine Shop just inside the Starboard entry off the flight deck. I stood some engine room watches underway and was a Mike Boat Engineer for landing Ops. When I made E-4 I got transferred to the Holland in Charleston. It then went to Bremerton, WA.

One of my best friends that was a Plank Owner gave me that lighter. I was pretty upset that someone stole it.

Cool belt buckles. Have you seen the news that they made the Ponce a “Mother Ship� :)

Small world.

all I have is a 2000 special edition.

it had rubber sleeves that made it look "armored" I took them off as one had a tendency to slide loose in my pocket...

so it looks like a normal brushed stainless unless you look at the bottom and see the year stamped in it to know it's a collector lighter.