Sig P290

JeffsSig

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting looking pistol, very futuristic, thanks for posting the pictures and observations. Individual preference in brand, product and features is simply that, if enough people purchase a given model of pistol it is successful. If they don’t it is either modified or dropped from the product line. SIG understands this concept and undertakes the risks involved with new products.

Its the same size as the PM9 Kahr. The grip is a bit shorter.

At just over 20 oz with the laser and mag its not to bad heavy.

Shot it a bit more and the trigger is what I want in a carry gun with no safety.

But if you pull the trigger with authority much as you would in self defense situation the gun comes alive and is on target.

This gun and trigger is not for slow fire.

I love the 3 dot sights. Easy to find and maintain your target.

There is a small hump inside the trigger guard just in front of the trigger. This helps get your finger on the trigger fast and in the proper place.

Follow up shots are very easy and fast. Compared to the Kahr PM9 or CW9 I feel this gun is better.

I have had no light strikes and the gun has shot ball and 3 different diffidence rounds with no feeding issues at all.

The only flaw I see so far in the P290 is the take down. It is rather hard to do with only 2 hands. But can be done.

For a small pocket 9 I feel the 290 is as good or better than any others out there.

Edited by JeffsSig
I can't bring myself to like this brick...I hold it everyday

Maybe it's an acquired taste and you just haven't given it enough time :)

but don't understand why it's so thick for a single stack.

Sometimes thinner is not always better and a slightly thicker profile fills your hand better with the small guns. I haven't held this one yet to see if it is indeed too wide as some have commented.

Guest Opie Coyote

I looked at the 290 but went with the 250sc instead. I'm hoping the price drops like the 250's did so I can justify picking one up. I hope you enjoy it. Are you pocket carrying it or just iwb?

• 2 weeks later...

So far I pocket carry this 290. I'm one who isn't worried about a gun "printing" and being almost the same size as the PM9 I have no problems in carrying in my back pocket.

No this gun isn't for everyone.

No the trigger isn't going to match up to others at the range.

But for me to date its one of Sigs best pocket guns.

• 3 months later...

I bought a new one I took it to the range this weekend and fired about 50 rounds though it, at first it shot great then about every one to four rounds you would pull the trigger nothing would happen, hammer would not go back when the trigger was pulled. I kept pulling the trigger unti it fired. Later when it would fire I would push on the back of the hammer and would hear a click and then when I pull the trigger it would fire. I called Sig and the guy said I had to break it in and to field strip it, clean it and run another 50 rounds though it.

I fondled one at a lgs and found that I liked it a lot. I thought the size was perfect but I like a little more girth in tiny guns. It still seemed comparable to a pm9 I use to own but the sig seemed more comfortable in MY hand. This sig seems to be one that most won't like but is perfect for some. Too bad I'm poor or I'd pick one up.