Memphis pizza delivery guy shoots would-be robber.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Nice work, driver. One more would-be robber who has a little something extra to think about before deciding to try again.

• Admin Team

One of our Jet's Pizza drivers here in Nashville was in a similar situation last year, and shot one of two people robbing him. Not only did he avoid being fired, but from what I understand from speaking with the owner they really supported the guy after the fact and encourage their employees to protect themselves appropriately.

I'm glad their pizza's good, because it is now where we buy all of ours.

I worked for Papa John's for a time almost 10 years ago. Then the policy was absolutely no firearms in your vehicle period. Probably is the same now. I always carried anyway, no job delivering pizza is worth your life.

Yeah, the policy is still the same, but its just a policy. The store isnt posted though B)

Hope all is well for this guy. The robber got what he deserved.

IT GETS EVEN BETTER!!!!

If you Google Map the address where the thug ran for refuge, you will notice that it is right behind a Memphis Police substation!!!

It just can't get better than that. I can hear the liberals whining, "The police will protect you."

This delivery driver was almost in the police's back yard and they could only show up after it was over.

I sent in kudos for the driver to corporate. Here is their response...I am not sure they really read what I said, but if they did, good for them (giving benefit of doubt).

"Mr. R., (I deleted my last name from this..)

Thanks for the great feedback! Your compliments have been forwarded on to the appropriate people for review and I am sure they will enjoy them as much as we did.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Consumer Services Team"

I'm also betting they fire him for violating company policy regarding carrying a firearm at working. He may have trouble getting another job delivering pizzas provided that's what he wants to do. If so, maybe someone will hear of his plight and get him some work. It's just the devil some of us wrestle with, do you carry against company policy in the event something like this happens or do you just hope you're the lucky one who never needs a gun but doesn't have one for trying to be a good employee? Get caught, lose your job. Get caught without, lose your life. Big boy rules definitely apply.

He made the right choice. He's alive today to look for work. If not for that revolver he had on him that night, today might just as easily been his funeral service. No doubt, the employer would have sent flowers and a nice card.

One of the biggest things I think is bull**** about not being allowed to carry with almost all delivery jobs is plain and simply this: Every pizza place I've delivered for that forbade weapons of any kind, also held the driver solely responsible for any stolen money, meaning if you got robbed, it came out of your pocket. They basically told us, yes, you are responsible for the money, but you're not allowed to take any measures to protect it. First of all, if I'm responsible for the money, then how it gets protected is my decision. Second of all, it seems to me the most logical person to hold responsible for a theft IS THE DAMN THIEF, not the victim.

Also, to mphstiger, about the flowers and the nice card, I doubt it. I'm sure they would have issued a public statement about how sorry they were and how unfortunate it is but it's all bs. It's been my experience that no corporate employer gives a rat's ass about the entry level employees. You're not just an expendable asset but an easily replaceable one at that, especially now with the job market the way it is. The employers have the power and they're loving every minute of it.