What I found in walmart

Guest 808-South

Guest 808-South

Went to Sevierville walmart. And discovered they sell the sig556 under $900, sig522lr under $700 and the bushmaster m4 under $900.

I was surprised to see those there. The price wasnt to bad.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll

Good ole Walmart. Selling whats wanted. Thats good business.

I've seen some cheap bolt guns in there too as of late. Their floor price is as good or better than the 'dealer' flyer's I get all the time.

Dolomite, you try to haggle Walmart on guns yet? :(

Not sommuch a haggle but yes I have spoke to them about pricing. After I did the price on the Bushmaster dropped $50 overnight after telling them it was cheaper elsewhere. And Walmart isn't the cheapest on everything. I was at the show this weekend and found Sig 522's for $439.

You would be surprised what the managers can do if you ask for them.

BTW, Walmart is going to start selling pistols after the first of the year.

Dolomite

BTW, Walmart is going to start selling pistols after the first of the year.

Dolomite

To think we might actually see a true gun counter in some walmarts again.

To think we might actually see a true gun counter in some walmarts again.

The on Clinton Hwy now has the Sig 522 for $478 and some guy was buying one while I was there and they had another Sig M400 or something like that and of course the Bushmaster for $878. I would just love to see them selling pistols. All they really need now are decent gun loving folks who are knowledgeable back there selling them.

I noticed the other day that the Wally in Lenoir City had both of the previously mentioned Sig rifles. Even more cool (to me - as a guy who isn't all that interested in AR-type guns) is that they also have a Circuit Judge. One of those would be the the only Judge I'd be interested in - no interest in the handgun version. Not that I'm going to pay nearly $500 for a Circuit Judge (may not be a bad price but I simply don't want one that badly) but if Walmart is selling them then maybe the price will start to drop - or at least some used ones may begin showing up in the LGS as folks who buy them at Walmart decide that isn't really what they wanted trade them in.

I'd still rather deal with my LGS for the most part. On some things, though - especially if Walmart would bring back handguns and also bring back layaway on firearms (the layaway option being one of many things I like about dealing with my favorite LGS) - then there is a good chance I'd buy at least one or two there. Besides, anything that gets more guns out there in the hands of honest citizens - especially things that (potentially) will put more used guns on the market so that my cheap ass might get a deal on a used one at the LGS - is a good thing.

I remember when I was a kid - all those moons ago when Walmart still dealt in handguns - I was always fascinated by the black powder revolver 'kits' that they sold. I used to just stand at the counter and stare at the box with the picture of what the finished project would (should) look like and daydream about them.

Edited by JAB
That was me buying the Sig 522. It was $479 but it is not the regular 522. I already have one of those. It was the heavy barrel version with factory sights. The lady behind the counter states they may sell handguns again.

Have you shot it yet? I checked one out today at the Clinton Hwy WM and damn I'm just about ready to make an impulse buy! I really like that little rifle. This one had front and rear sights but wasn't the SWAT model. Anyone have any info or experiences?

DaG

Walmart in Franklin, TN had a Bushmaster and the sigs. Very suprised to see them. The guy at the counter said that they are bringing in rifles cause thats what customers wanted. Even had a short bbl home defense type shotgun which I have not seen in a real long time at wallys.

I guess things are picking up for Christmas this year and home defense is on the rise too !!

These aren't firearms but I was a little surprised to see them for sale at Walmart - especially in these little, cardboard box type displays.

photobucket-4260-1321314885853.jpg

photobucket-1335-1321314923557.jpg

I just thought that, combined with the recent addition of the previously mentioned Sig rifles, seeing these at Walmart was a bit unusual. I have to wonder if the expansion of Academy Outdoors into East TN (two in the Chattanooga area and now one in Knoxville) is influencing Wally to stock more of this type of item. That or they've had a sudden attack of tacticool.