Great rifle and pistol range in Woodbury...

Guest hawkeye10

Guest hawkeye10

:puke: Went to Woodbury and had a great time shooting today. They really have a nice range. About 7 firing points and you can shoot out to 200 yards. $5 to shoot all day or $100 per year. That ain't bad. Don

101_0055.jpg

101_0056.jpg

101_0057.jpg

They also have a nice pistol range.

101_0058.jpg

101_0059.jpg

Guest hawkeye10
Address or directions?

It's on Doolittle

Road. If you don't know where that is just stop and ask. It's the road between

the funeral home and the new drug store. You go down Doolittle to a stop sign,

go straight through the stop sign and it's a mile or so on your left. The rifle

range is right on the road so it's easy to find. Don

I've been there once, shooting pistols. It's a great range.

This is probably a dumb question, but I assume the road that runs down the rifle range is for his farm and you still walk out to your targets, right? Never seen a road down the middle of a range before :-)

And the other question since I'm new to long guns but going to be going out there with the new rifle soon..... when you walk out 100 or 200 yards and you're there by yourself, do you leave your rifle, ammo, etc there at the shooting bench? I suppose its a low-traffic area, but it is still right by the road.

Guest hawkeye10

That road goes on back on his farm. It's a bummer but it would be best to walk. I have not had any trouble being there alone but I keep the rifles I am not using locked in my truck. I used to live in Woodbury and most of the people are good people. It's the only town where if you pass a women on the highway she will throw up her hand and give a big howdy do. I usually go during the week if any one wants to meet up and go shooting just PM me. Don

Well I'm waiting for a magnifier for my AR-15 in the mail so it might be a week or two if any TGO'ers wanna meet on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. That's when I'll be available at least, lol. I think it would be fun though.

Maybe we can do some kind of BBQ?... Why dont we just make it a meet and greet! HA!

Hey guys,

Is the fee $5 per day per range (i.e. either pistol or rifle), or $5 for all of it? I was out there today, put my $5 in at the rifle range, then when I got to the pistol range was unsure so I was going to put $5 more in to be safe, but only had a $10. So I put $15 in today. Did I owe $5 or $10 for using both ranges? Just wondering how much "credit" I overpaid today.

Now that I've been there 2x and going back with a friend tomorrow, almost wish I had done the yearly membership from the start... :-)

anybody up for going out there on wednesday this week?

I may be going out. Trying to see if a friend wants to go. Went out with the GF and 2 other friends today, and we were the only people there. Of course, about the time we finally left, the rain quit 5 minutes later.

And thanks for the clarification on the fee WestWindMike.

About 9 years ago there was a nice little range down in a holler between Woodbury and Auburntown.They hosted a big 3 Gun match and later IDPA and USPSA matches for about 6-7 months.IIRC it was hell getting in there to it,you had to have a truck to make it.I don't think the group that ran the place is still around.They also had a range somewhere around Smithville.

I was by there yesterday and the owner had put up new signs at the rifle range. He doesn't want any rapid firing on the rifle range. Seems that some guys with AR's and AK's came by a while back and were really letting the lead fly. They were standing behind the shooting tables and firing, which puts them behind the guys shooting off the benches. The range was mainly built for benchrest shooting and that's who has been using it for the last year.

Seems too that someone took an AR to the pistol range and shot up all the falling plate targets meant for pistols only.

Fellows, if we are not careful with the use of this range, we may lose it. The owner could just as easily lock it up and require a membership to shoot there. So be respectful of the others at the range and above all, be safe.