Outdoor ranges near Memphis?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

I think Desoto is something like $80 or $100/year, though it's possible they have increased it (I hope not, as I may be about to join). You do not need to be a MS resident.

• 1 month later...

I can't imagine there isn't a better place to shoot 15 years ago I went right by the wx river just outside of collierville and my neighbor a collierville cop said it was perfectly fine. I'm not sure there is still good due to development It there must be somewhere

Did you ever look into Tennessee Sports Foundation in Jackson? How long does it take to get there from Bartlett/Cordova area?

I forgot all about them. I tried signing up on some other nearby club's website (either Desoto or another one in Jackson, can't remember which) and they never approved my account.

But I went to Natchez twice a couple weeks ago. One day to shoot an AR and another day to do some trap shooting.

Have they opened Shelby Farm's rifle range again yet? I heard shooting over there recently and I know it wasnt the Sheriff's department's range.

No, they haven't reopened it and I haven't heard of any plans to do so. There is some team (not LE) that has permission to shoot there, but it's been so long ago that I heard about it, I can't remember who it was.

I wish they'd open it back up.

I wish they'd open it back up.

I agree completely with that. I just looked at Google maps and it looks like Humphreys is right around 1000 yards south of the range and then neighborhoods every where after that. Doubt it will ever open it back up. Now if they put it in the SE corner and face it east then there would be a ton of room but wouldn't expect that to happen either.

I saw where RangeUSA is opening a place in Jackson that has rifle rated lanes. That is what they need to do here so you don't have to either be rich to join a range or drive over an hour just to shoot a rifle.

Yea, haha that $400 initial is way too steep for me, especially since my income level doesn't allow me to blow brass on a weekly basis to even make it worth it.

Anyone know how much is Desoto's club is? Do we have to be a MS resident to go?

Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club has a one time initiation fee of $80.00 and the annual membership for 2012 is $150.00. Lifetime Membership $2000.00. Being a MS. Resident not required.

Frank, have you ever been to MSSA? I know the first year fee sucks but it was totally worth it for me.

Hey Byrd, no I haven't been cuz that first year fee is staggeringly high lol. I know I spend more than that on stupid stuff but just something about that high fee makes me not want to go. So you're a member there now? How often do you shoot there to you feel like you're getting your moneys worth?

I try to shoot every week but it doesn't always pan out. I'm usually there at least once a month though and yes! I definitely feel that I get my money's worth. I've been a member for a few years now and so that large fee is in the rearview. But Clay joined shortly after I did. He goes out alot as well.

If you want to be my guest, I'd be happy to show you around.