Subcompact 9MM

Shima

Ok, I got to ask, I'm shopping around for a subcompact 9MM. I've had a Keltech and don't even consider that one. (no offense to anyone who owns and loves theirs) I personally don't like'em. However, I'm looking at the Springfield XD 9 Sub, Glock 26, Kahr PM 9, and waiting on the Beretta PX4 Storm Sub. Anyone have an idea or opinion? I'M SURE YOU DO.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL join the club, I am also looking.

I have the G26 and I love it! But I am in the market for another 9mm. I am currently looking at the Springfield XD subcompact 9mm, the SR9 which isn't subcompact and I just got my sites on the CZ 75 D PCR compact. I just started a thread to ask about that one. I have held the XD and I like it but the reason I chose the Glock over the XD the first time was because of the weight difference. As I said before, I love my Glock but I just want another one for my collection since I traded two of my guns this week.

Guest rockytop

If you don't consider the Kel-tec P11(9MM), a sub-compact, you won't be interested in the Springfield or Glock. I have the Glock and the Kahr. I really like the Kahr and pocket carry it all the time. I think the Rorbaugh is a tad smaller than the Kahr if you are interested in spending big bucks for it.

Edited by rockytop

I've got the Springfield in the shop. It's cute enough. Sort of blocky. Does come with the 16rd clip so you can get a "full sized" grip feel if you want it. Also comes with the gear.

Take a look at the M&P sub-compacts. I liked them better than the competing Glocks.

The Kahr K9 would be my ideal for a really really subcompact 9. Nice and flat.

And of course the SIG P239 is a gun I've carried plenty.

Guest GLOCKGUY

the M&P are having problems with the magazine's falling out of them. i was told they fixed it but i friend of mine bought one two weeks ago and the mag keeps falling out of it. he has to send it in to have them look at it

Guest EasilyObsessed
the M&P are having problems with the magazine's falling out of them. i was told they fixed it but i friend of mine bought one two weeks ago and the mag keeps falling out of it. he has to send it in to have them look at it

Some of the early productions guns had that problem, I wonder if he ended up getting one that had been sitting on a shelf for a year?

My fullsize M&P9 has been rock solid for about 1k rounds now.

Id wait for the new Beretta if I were you before making a decision. I dont think you can really go wrong with any of those choices and I would pick whichever ones fits your hand the best and points most naturally.

Some of the early productions guns had that problem, I wonder if he ended up getting one that had been sitting on a shelf for a year?

+1

Probably got old stock. The M&P's are quietly showing up ALOT in IDPA, and are winning over a lot of Glock guys. Give them a good look. Even if the pistol isn't perfect, S&W's customer service is amazing...and they will pay for your shipping to and from the factory and will replace just about anything. The M&P compact seems to fit into alot of Glock 26 holsters as well.

My wife just stole my G26- she liked it better than the G19 she was carrying (so did I). But whatever princess wants, princess gets, so it is hers now. It is a nice little weapon- we both shoot it pretty well even with the short grip- just takes 50 or so rounds IMHO to get used to the short grip.

I have a PM9 and it is my daily companion in my pocket most of the time, in a desantis nemesis holster, I carry it alone with extra mag in my other pocket or sometimes I add my other kahr CW40 or one of my glocks depending on my dress for the day and concealability concerns. I love my PM9 and I would recommend it to anyone who is considering a very small 9mm. My last range outing this past week I was practicing with the PM9 and was having no trouble at all making all head shots on the paper targets at about 7yds. I will most likely always have this little powerhouse.

Guest darkstar

I'll give a vote for the Kahr. I don't have one in 9mm, but I do have one in .45. Knowing how easily concealed the .45 is I'd have to think the 9 would be even easier. They are pretty good pistols.

Guest m4coyote

I have the Kahr PM9 with DLC and Mepro night sights. The PM9 is smaller, thinner, and shorter than just about anything else out there (other than Rohrbaugh). My little PM9 is just as accurate as my G19. Six shots into two inches at 10 yards are not out of the ordinary, and it is as dependable as a rock.

Highly recommend the PM9!

Edited by m4coyote
Guest TNDixieGirl

I recently acquired the Kahr CW9 (have no idea what category as far as sub or compact it may be), but I love it. Have fired at least 400 rounds through it without a glitch. Easy for me to carry IWB.

Guest clutepc

I have the M&P 40 Compact, no mag drop issues.

I heard those problems were mostly earlier versions.

Been a great gun and easy to conceal.

I know of a few people on this board with them without any mag issues.

I'd buy another without thinking twice about it.

Never had that problem or any problem with my .40c. It's a great gun.

Guest bigbuck_tn

I personally like the Glock but you should go to a store and try some out. Rent if you can if not at least check the hand fit.

With the factory +2 extensions on the G26/G27 it handles fairly well.

I have shot a Kahr K40 but being habituated to Glocks I couldn't get used to the long reset of the trigger but it was buttery smooth and sure felt good.