.22LR

Guest lan2i

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EasilyObsessed
I have been using CCI Minimag, anyone else have any suggestions?

Is the CCI minimag not functioning well in your gun?

Are you looking for greater accuracy?

I have found that cci minimags tend to work well in everything I own. If you are looking for a more accurate round, the Wolf 22lr is great for the price. It is a repackaged version of another 22lr ammo that I cant think of right now, but it is not cheap.

I don't know what you use the mini mags for, but they are top shelf in my opinion.

They would be my first choice if I had to do something that really mattered like hunting.

If you are just turning paper into swiss cheese any .22 lr will work. I prefer the Federal 550 box from WallyWorld for about 12 bucks.

• 1 month later...
Guest IceBreakerG

+1 on the Federal 550rd value pack. I tried that Winchester white box crap in my P22 and it jammed on me like every other round. I tried the Federal and have fired at least 50rds+ without a single jam. Very good ammo for the price. Also, the Remington Subsonics work well too, as does the CCI Standard Velocity.

I mostly use Mini-Mags... Never had an issue with them for reliability or accuracy. If I'm shooting in bulk... Either Federal or Remington 550 packs from Wal-Mart, whichever is cheaper. Never had much of a problem out of either of those.

Extractors seem to grab the CCI stuff a little better than others...that is why they work so well.

I have no problems with the Federal Wal-Mart bulk packs. Have fired tens of thousands of them over the years...they do well for the price.

Hunting always ends up being Mini-Mag HP however...no FTF proplems with them...ever!

Guest Brian@GunDepot

I like the Federal 550 bulk for any of my .22s that will eat it. My rifle is picky with dirtier ammo though and I use the Federal Match AM22 in it (also in a 325 bulk pack).

I have to say the AM22 is a good clean ammo considering the price and as accurate as any round from CCI in my gun(s). I use .22wmr CCI Maxi-Mag for small game season, I've been wanting to try that Remington Accutip though...

Edited by Brian@GunDepot
Guest atomemphis

Green Tag and Mini-Mag seem to be the top of the heap.

Also the Winchester that comes in the red plastic containers, that's marked high velocity. Seem to shoot about the same as the CCI, no waxy coating.

Only shot it in my 10/22 though, not in my Marvel 22 Conversion yet, going to do that this weekend.

Guest mikedwood

The CCI Mini Mag solids feed everything I have 100% of the time. My Ruger Mark III doesn't seem to like anything else 100% of the time.

My Henry Survival doesn't seems to like the Spanish brand (can't remember the name) CCI Mini Mag work 100% in it also. That (ahhh it starts with an "ag" I think) It sometimes fails to fire, light hammer strike I guess. I need to clean it.

Guest FroggyOne2
Can anyone recommend a good online-mail order vendor for bulk 22LR purchase? Me and a buddy want to split 5000 rds.

Where are you from .. I may go in on some Wolfe Match Target.

Guest Papabear
Can anyone recommend a good online-mail order vendor for bulk 22LR purchase? Me and a buddy want to split 5000 rds.

Look around and see what prices are in your area. Sometimes gun shops will give you a little break if you buy in bulk. I was going to buy a 5000 round case mail order but actually came out better buying 5000 rounds of Federal 510 in 500 round bricks at Academy Sports after figuring in shipping.

Guest Mugster

I was in academy in the last few days. They are pretty high on most of the ammo compared to wally mart. they do have stuff wally doesn't stock though.

The walmart at the junction of highway 96 and I-24 (murfreesboro) is about the best stocked on ammo i've ever seen. Its might be worth a trip if you are planning to stock up on something.

Guest FroggyOne2

Yeah.. if enough people petion Wal-Mart.. they will carry it.. but I know it is sometimes hard to get them too.. I personally would like to see them carrying Wolfe Match Target.

Guest 2Old

I've shoot thousands of .22's over the years... many different brands in many different guns and I've never found any that beat CCI Mini Mags.

Guest 270win

I bought a brick of CCI Blazers for about 18 bucks at Sportsman's Warehouse and I have not had any problems with it in my Browning Buck Mark 22 pistol. I was having problems with the cheap Remington brick - misfires and other jamming problems. I went through 200rds Fri at the range and did not have any misfires, FTF, or jamming.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vincent

If you want to buy very good ammo at reasonable cost Champion's Choice in La Vergne is the place.

As to Wolf Match Target....it is identical in all ways to SK Standard Plus, my favorite "cheap" match grade ammo. Both are made in Germany by a company wholely owned by Lapua. $42 a brick last I bought some.

If you have the typical sloppy chambered 10/22 or Mod 60 these ammos will help but not much. If you have an aftermarket barrel on your 10/22 or you own a Rem 541, Win 52, Anshutz, Sako or any other tightly chambered 22 you owe to your self and that nice firearm to try some decent ammo in it.

www.Champchoice.com will get you to a whole new world of ammo and they are only a few miles away for many of us. I use the walk up sales counter in the back of the building.

Edited by Vincent