My Black Friday Experiences

UncleJak

So today was my 2nd attempt at a Black Friday. Last year I came home empty handed. This year will be the same. I went to Academy Sports this morning and it was a mad house. I have learned my lesson. Nothing is so cheap as to be worth all that chaos. I will pay regular price before I ever go to a Black Friday sale again. I did have my heart set on that 357 mag, but I will make it. It takes a lunatic to go out in these crowds. I am now safe at work and thankful that I am here!!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Victor9er

It's my firm belief that before anyone is allowed to shop on Black Friday, they should first be required to have to work on a Black Friday... in retail.

• Administrator
It's my firm belief that before anyone is allowed to shop on Black Friday, they should first be required to have to work on a Black Friday... in retail.

I've done it. :D

It also took me about 15 years after quitting retail work before I felt like shopping on a Black Friday. Time heals all wounds apparently. :D

Guest mustangdave

Black FRIDAY????....AHHHHHHHH!....I'm at work, RETAIL...SHMETAIL....try working at a TOYS R US...yeh I know its retail...but its TOYS and STUFF....its cut throat....and that damn Toys R Us jingle will drive you MAD...Mad i tell you.

• Administrator
My Daughter and I are headed into the breech. I am out of town next week and have to find stuff for the Ms.

Wish me luck!!! lol

I recommend fast roping into whatever store interests you, and popping smoke once you're ready for a quick extraction.

Black FRIDAY????....AHHHHHHHH!....I'm at work, RETAIL...SHMETAIL....try working at a TOYS R US...yeh I know its retail...but its TOYS and STUFF....its cut throat....and that damn Toys R Us jingle will drive you MAD...Mad i tell you.

;)

definitely praying for you.

Guest mustangdave
;)

definitely praying for you.

Thanks R_Bert....but my TRU days are well behind me...I did it as a part time gig back when the kids were much younger...for like 3 Christmas Seasons...

Thanks R_Bert....but my TRU days are well behind me...I did it as a part time gig back when the kids were much younger...for like 3 Christmas Seasons...

Yeah, but there might be flashbacks.....

Have you sought counseling ? ;)

Guest WyattEarp

I worked for best buy in 2004 on Black Friday, and I'll never work retail again, or fast food for that matter, and it's another reason why I refuse to go to the stores on Black Friday.

people are ridiculous with how they act just to get some cheap prices on subpar off brand junk. that Black Friday I worked at Best Buy, I saw several people get trampled in a mad rush when the doors open, it was like watching a stampede of scared cattle making a mad rush for a drink of water after migrating for several days without water. Sadly, it shows where many of the priorities of the people in this country are rooted.

A rule my dad taught me when I was younger, and honestly it took a little time to sink in, was you'll never make all of the money in this world, and you'll never be able to have all the female ass in this world this world.

In essence what he was saying was, find contentment in what and who you have, and you'll always have what you need, even though you may not have everything you always wanted. Because there will always be someone with more money and more things than you, and there will always be a woman who looks better, or has better boobs, or a prettier face, or a nicer butt, but just because you have all the money and the finest looking woman (at that point in time), doesn't mean your're going to be any happier with that, than what you previously had.

I might be more inclined to go out on Black Friday and get a bargain if it was a worthwhile discount on something quality (like $600 or $700 off a brand new macbook pro) or a $600 off a brand new Sony Hi-Def 60" big screen, but most of the good savings I see, are always half off of the cheaper off brand junk that doesn't last anyways, like Vizio tv's, and e-machines, and compaq, and hp desktops. just not worth it!

I dont mind spending my money on a product that I know will last and is good quality.

My Daughter and I are headed into the breech. I am out of town next week and have to find stuff for the Ms.

Wish me luck!!! lol

We made the trip, looked at the parking lot and left.

Went to IHOP and had PANCAKES with Boysenberry syrup. lol

PREACH ON BROTHER! AMEN TO THAT!

I just got up and getting ready for my 2nd shift today! A few hours sleep, 2 5hr engergy drinks, a few redbulls and a protein bar and I am wired to go!

Guest mikedwood

I'm old fashioned I guess. It's really ticking me off that they have found a way to commercialize the last holiday left without much commercialization. I'm not anti capitalist by any means. I own my own small business, but does every freaking thing in the world have to be about profit or making money? What is wrong with just sitting back for a day eating and enjoying (or not enjoying) family?

That said, nope never not for nothing. The only reason I'd go is... nope can't think of any reason at all to brave the crowds, none.

Is this really how we want the Christmas season to kick off?

From drudgereport.com

BLACK AND BLUE FRIDAY

Woman pepper sprays other Black Friday shoppers 'to gain an upper hand'...

'Competitive shopping' turns into chaos...

'Girls Punching Each Other' Over Yoga Pants Sale at Victoria's Secret...

VIDEO: Mayhem over $2 waffle maker...

Two women injured in brawl...

Woman shot, robbed in SC after midnight shopping trip to WALMART...

NC police use pepper spray to break up melee...

VIDEO...

Grandfather smashed to ground as he tried to protect grandson from crowd...

Police taser WALMART customer...

GUNFIRE ERUPTS AT MALL...Grandmother shot while cooking Thanksgiving dinner...

Edited by mikedwood

Today was the first time I ever "participated".

6:30am at Dicks in Providence and it was a good experience, in an out with a pretty good deal on ammo. Target next door had a flood of folks coming out but I didn't have a need to go there anyway.

I was so pleasantly surprised that I went to HH Greg and got a microwave for 1/2 price, crowd wasn't bad there either, in and out.I headed home after that, I was surprised but I don't intend to make it a ritual.

B&B Friday, if it doesn't bleed it doesn't lead.:)

Edited by kieefer

Do it every year for the last 20. Work that is!!! I offered to take my daughter to Walmart at 11 last night but luckily she changed her mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jtmaze
Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

I got a decent deal on some 5.56 at Sportsman's Warehouse and on some 9mm and .22 at Dick's. Was hoping to pick up one of those 8 gun Stack On cabinets at Dick's, but it wasn't to be. This was my first ever attempt at shopping on Black Friday. Woke up early and everything. Not worth the effort of the hype, but at least now I've got it under my belt.

I also ended up at Banana Republic later in the day with the wife and got myself a nice shirt. That was a much bigger success in my book, it wasn't at all crowded, and it was at around lunch time.

Hadn't planned on going out myself, the wife was; but I woke up about 3:45 and couldn't get back to sleep. So I decided to go to Home Depot and Lowes. Pulled into H/D about 4:52 and there were about 10 people at the door. Waited til doors opened and went after a couple of u-assemble plastic cabinet units and a package of tape measures. Seems like I can never find one. Then went to the Rivergate Lowes for a $19 Werner 6 ft ladder and a hand held spotlight. No problems at either store. In and out of both and back home in just over an hour. Talked to several cashiers who said a lot of the early shoppers stated they had been out all night and were just finishing up. Not for me, buddy. I'd miss my sleep time.