SAVAGE OFFERS GINGRICH $1 MILLION TO DROP OUT OF THE RACE

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

IMO, I think Savage is gonna back Mitt. Which basically would be just like voting for BHO again. On one hand I would like to see Newt take the money and leave the race, so that Ron Paul would have a better chance. However, it would be stupid for Savage to back Mitt. When you put Ron Paul vs. Mitt, hands down Ron Paul is the better choice. Neither Mitt or Newt are conservative.

If that kid is representative of a large percentage of young people in this country, I just became a Ron Paul

supporter. If there are enough thinkers in that age group it could make a differnce, but if Ron Paul goes

third party all is lost. Obama by default. It still is a lot to overcome.

If that kid is representative of a large percentage of young people in this country, I just became a Ron Paul

supporter. If there are enough thinkers in that age group it could make a differnce, but if Ron Paul goes

third party all is lost. Obama by default. It still is a lot to overcome.

Sorry, but I didn't know Savage still had a radio show here in our area. I guess they moved him on later in the night, to just before the show where people call in to talk about their Alien abductions and encounters.

The kid appears to be relatively intelligent and speaks well explaining why he prefers his guy over Newt and Mitt. I guess the question is, will the younger generation that voted so heavliy for BO, get behind Ron Paul in this election? In other words, will RP become the next "Hope and Change"? Should be interesting.

That kid lives and breathes Ron Paul. Maybe he'll run for Mayor one day. :)

I can't imagine any former BHO voter switching to RP. I think these folks were either pissed at GWB and clueless of politics in general. I think some voters will just vote republican to get rid of BHO and those folks will vote for the republican nominee.

I've listened Savage, sounds like he needs to boost his ratings.

I like it. He kept hammering that voting for the most "electable" candidate is really nonsensical. I agree with that sentiment in regards to the primaries. If people continue to repeat the mistakes of the past by imploying some b.s. strategy of nominating the most "electable" candidate then there is no way we will ever get a candidate that will possibly bring forth positive change.

I haven't figured out why Republicans are always the ones who seem to have this problem. In 2008, we were told we had to nominate McCain. He was the most electable candidate who would appeal to moderates. Well... that didn't work out so well. Democrats on the other hand voted for who they thought or liked the best. A junior senator for Illinois without any experience in anything against a seasoned political opponent, and they won. Go figure.

As I stated in another post, I believe it will be more difficult for Romney or Gingrich to defeat Obama when compared to other candidates. Romney is hated by conservatives. While conservatives do not have that the same amount of ire for Gingrich as they do Romney, liberals and moderates hate Gingrich.

Brokered convention anyone?

Edited by mav
can't type
...Brokered convention anyone?

I've also mentioned that this is looking like best chance since forever (FDR?) for that too, now see it being mentioned on MSM too. Would certainly make things interesting, but see no way it could help strengthen GOP in eyes of voters....

UNLESS, there were a None Of The Above Dark Horse Shining Hero To Save The Day thrust into the nomination. Nah, this is GOP, party of the same ole same ole.

- OS

I find it hard to believe that Savage actually has a million dollars. If he actually does, why did he have to start a legal defense fund and beg for money to pay his lawyers.

If Savage were half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be a genius. I actually listen to him fairly often because our only other option in his time slot is Sean Hannity who seems to be limited to one thought per day which he repeats over and over.

Guest lostpass

Why is this even a big deal? Radio show hosts makes an offer that he knows the guy won't take and people think it is credible?

A million bucks to Newt is nothing compared to be the front runner in the long term. He can sell plenty of books if he loses and make that much easily. But hey, it more people talking about Savage so who is the real winner here?

I caught an hour of Savage on walk this evening.

He ranted about Newt but didn't say anything about the million buck offer.

He just thinks Mitt is the only one who can beat O, even though he doesn't like Mitt either, and that's the prime directive.

I tend to agree. Says more about the electorate than it does about the candidates, but I see Barack Hussein Obama as one of the most dangerous men in American history -- difficult to imagine a GOP nominee I wouldn't vote for this time around.

On the bright side though, if O is reelected and the Senate goes GOP and the House stays GOP, maybe everything can be 4 years of stalemate. No progress is better than "progressive progress".

- OS

Guest lostpass
I caught an hour of Savage on walk this evening.

He ranted about Newt but didn't say anything about the million buck offer.

He just thinks Mitt is the only one who can beat O, even though he doesn't like Mitt either, and that's the prime directive.

I tend to agree. Says more about the electorate than it does about the candidates, but I see Barack Hussein Obama as one of the most dangerous men in American history -- difficult to imagine a GOP nominee I wouldn't vote for this time around.

On the bright side though, if O is reelected and the Senate goes GOP and the House stays GOP, maybe everything can be 4 years of stalemate. No progress is better than "progressive progress".

- OS

So Romney can beat Obama. So what is gained? Obama's big failing is Obamacare and this guy has Romney care. Nothing is gained. Remember if congress does nothing the country saves trillions of dollars...

So Romney can beat Obama. So what is gained? Obama's big failing is Obamacare and this guy has Romney care. Nothing is gained. Remember if congress does nothing the country saves trillions of dollars...

I'm actually more concerned about a semblance of freedom being retained for as long as possible. I ain't gonna defend Mitt, cause I don't like him either. He's the epitome of the slick two faced politician, his little fake heh heh laugh makes my skin crawl, and everything's illegal in Massachusetts.

Although however fricked up that MA health care thing was, it's true it was only done to do something about the 8% or so of folks who had no insurance at the time, rather than a sweeping change of the entire industry, with required participation by every resident of the state. Don't know that it was really any more drastic than TennCare's various incarnations, and maybe less so.

But I'm also actually afraid of Obama. And there IS the chance that both chambers could again be Dem by 2014.

And yeah, as you recently said, probably which party is at the helm probably really does only control the speed of arrival rather than the ultimate destination, but at my age I'll selfishly hope that a slower pace to the inevitable spares me having to face it. Seems to me O has already shortened the interval significantly in just one term, really in just two years before he mercifully lost the House.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest lostpass
I'm actually more concerned about a semblance of freedom being retained for as long as possible. I ain't gonna defend Mitt, cause I don't like him either. He's the epitome of the slick two faced politician, his little fake heh heh laugh makes my skin crawl, and everything's illegal in Massachusetts.

Although however fricked up that MA health care thing was, it's true it was only done to do something about the 8% or so of folks who had no insurance at the time, rather than a sweeping change of the entire industry, with required participation by every resident of the state. Don't know that it was really any more drastic than TennCare's various incarnations, and maybe less so.

But I'm also actually afraid of Obama. And there IS the chance that both chambers could again be Dem by 2014.

And yeah, as you recently said, probably which party is at the helm probably really does only control the speed of arrival rather than the ultimate destination, but at my age I'll selfishly hope that a slower pace to the inevitable spares me having to face it. Seems to me O has already shortened the interval significantly in just one term, really in just two years before he mercifully lost the House.

- OS

I get that you're scared, but what are you scared of?

I get that you're scared, but what are you scared of?

Although "scared" is somewhat of a euphemism, off top o' my head, to put it on as personal a level as possible.

- My health insurance went up to almost equal my rent, jumped 75 per month. This is directly due to Obamacare (the fact that insurance companies are limited in % jumps NEXT year).

- Little doubt that in two years, Medicare ain't gonna treat me nearly as well as traditionally expected. Maybe I'll be lucky with my health, maybe not. My doc, for example (who is part of a quite large partnership based health care fiefdom) has admitted they may terminate Medicare acceptance. They gave up on TennCare some time back, for example, and see Medicare as almost to same point of diminishing returns for them.

- Living on $9K less than when I retired 3 years ago. Interest rates; was finally losing ground on my nut I'm looking to buy my last property with. Pretty much directly tied to fact money isn't needed now, because even though the banks and financial institutions were bailed out, they sit on the money rather than lend it, etc. All directly and indirectly tied to climate of business uncertainty regarding ever increasing regulation either passed or proposed by O's admin.

- And by virtue of Obamacare, Homeland Security, BATF, Treasury Dept, FEMA, Justice Dept selective enforcement, chicanery, litigation against states, etc ad nauseam, I perceive encroachments on individual liberty now becoming an all out assault. Since we're here on a gun forum, if one thinks that given a majority in House and Senate for say, only two of O's last four years, and doesn't think hje's going to have to jump through some pretty big hoops at the least to maintain same level of firearm freedom within a few years, I'd suggest one is infected with terminal Pollyannaism.

- And forget Congress: O has the biggest ace in the sleeve of a president in a long time: he'll get to appoint God knows how many Supremes in the next four years. And as long as Senate stays Dem, no worries. You're liking Sotomayor and Kagen? Hell, they'll be foaming right wingers compared to the next ones. The odds are he'll get to appoint at least 2 and maybe even 4, depending on the croak factor. This is a legacy that would essentially gut what little is left of the constitutional as far as states' rights and individual liberty. Basically, there will be one de facto default judgement for most every question: i.e., the federal government can do whatever it wants because it's best for you.

- Mainly, though in the most immediate of concerns, I really do believe we're on the verge of a big financial crash. And I mean catastrophic. I don't think we can endure a long bleak Russian type decline after their crash in the 90's, or the Argentine hyperinflation in the 80's, because of drastic differences in population totals and densities, JIT supply lines, and just lack of a unifying national ethos. Whether a different admin can at least slow that, I don't know, but this admin has just sped it along.

Yes, much of this I see as inevitable, due to population/resources upside down pyramid, but I still see O's reign as speeding it all up. And again, "scared" really isn't accurate, more "sadly fatalistic". If I had family, though, "scared" would probably apply.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Lester Weevils

- My health insurance went up to almost equal my rent, jumped 75 per month. This is directly due to Obamacare (the fact that insurance companies are limited in % jumps NEXT year).

- Little doubt that in two years, Medicare ain't gonna treat me nearly as well as traditionally expected. Maybe I'll be lucky with my health, maybe not. My doc, for example (who is part of a quite large partnership based health care fiefdom) has admitted they may terminate Medicare acceptance. They gave up on TennCare some time back, for example, and see Medicare as almost to same point of diminishing returns for them.

Difficult to figger where the medical inflation comes from, though when daughter was born 30+ years ago Erlanger was charging $25 per tylenol dose.

I have pretty decent insurance at the moment but the medical inflation is crazy. Doesn't bode well for the future. Recently had day surgery, stayed there about 5 hours. General anesthesia. Already got the doctor and anesthesiology and lab bills, weren't too bad considering. The Erlanger bill arrived today-- $13,300 hospital bill for 5 hours! Insurance will pay a good bit and weasel down that bill. No worries about paying the current bill. But that is some sticker shock for day surgery!

Erlanger typically pays their top dawg manager a half-million per year, but it is probably a drop in the bucket. Any doctor worth his salt probably truly deserves half that per year, so it may be crazy but not incredibly out of line I guess. Unsustainable going into the future, fer sure.

...The Erlanger bill arrived today-- $13,300 hospital bill for 5 hours! Insurance will pay a good bit and weasel down that bill. No worries about paying the current bill. But that is some sticker shock for day surgery!...

I am now paying $5,845 per year to only have to pay another $7,500 of the amount of your bill (my total out of pocket for a calendar year). And I'm in pretty good health. But can't switch insurance. Obamacare says they can't turn me down regardless of my pre-existing conditions or medical history. But it doesn't prevent them from quoting a price I can't afford, either.

So if there actually would be any benefits from insurance under Obamacare for me, it doesn't kick in until I'm already Medicare eligible. If that'll mean much of anything anymore. Depends on what the Death Panel says when I enroll, I guess!

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
... On the bright side though, if O is reelected and the Senate goes GOP and the House stays GOP, maybe everything can be 4 years of stalemate. No progress is better than "progressive progress".

- OS

Agreed, I like stalemate. It makes it more difficult for them to make things worse.

Guest Lester Weevils

Yep, gridlock looks like the best case scenario. According to polls we would be led to believe that both parties in congress have incredibly low ratings because people are upset because congress can't get anything done. I prefer em to do as little as possible. The less they do, the better.

If only most laws had sunset provisions, and we could keep a good gridlock going. Eventually the number of laws would sunset.

On another topic, Axelrod had this quip about Gingrich-- "The higher a monkey climbs on the pole the more you can see his butt."

The Page by Mark Halperin | Axelrod Sets Sights on Gingrich

It is a funny one-liner. I want to see how funny it is when somebody borrows the joke and directs it at Axelrod's boss. :)

Nope, it still wouldn't be a stalemate. Obama could still push a lot of his agenda through executive orders, and as we both know, this president has no fear of abusing executive orders.