Naifeh Kills Effort to Close Gun Records

Guest aBRG2far

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 270win

The house speaker probably will get a handgun carry permit. I find it amusing he is telling the whole world. I would rather the information be only available to law enforcement for their job, but hey if someone wants to be bored and find out I have a carry permit, so be it. Whether I have a handgun on me, still leaves it to a guessing game. The people who really are hurt by such an open records law are folks who are crime victims, law enforcement family members.

Guest eyebedam

Naifeh sucks. I wonder where he took his permit class. When he does get his permit I wonder if his info will be public record or will he get some type of excemption.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I didn't see until just now that they voted on the bill while the opponents were out of the room. Much as I might despise Naifeh, it almost seems like a tit-for-tat kind of thing. I feel like both events were kind of underhanded, even if they were legal.

But I still wish it had succeeded. :D

Guest GLOCKGUY
The funny thing is I bet he already carrys everywhere and anywhere now without a permit.

i bet your right. i bet when he does get his permit he goes to restaurant that sever alcohol and no one will say a thing to him:mad:

let us hope if he gets a permit he forgets and goes to his favorite restaurant and forgets to leave it in the car AND GETS CAUGHT. assuming they serve alcohol

They wouldn't do anything to the crooked @%$#*#!. I would love to see him involved in some big scandle, I would enjoy that. That's the amount of disdain I have for that man.

I'd think so...ahem...YOUR BOSS IS A LOUSY NO GOOD S.O.B. WHO IS A STAIN ON THE VERY FABRIC OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE. HE IS AS USELESS AS DAMP POCKET LINT.

Now...as far is the boy kind having a carry permit...I'm almost certain he carries a security detail....sucking off the tit of the TN taxpayer. HE doesn't need to sully his silken hands with a firearm...his hired thugs will take care of him.

I didn't see until just now that they voted on the bill while the opponents were out of the room. Much as I might despise Naifeh, it almost seems like a tit-for-tat kind of thing. I feel like both events were kind of underhanded, even if they were legal.

This is a problem I have with government... it turns into skirt the rules to get what "you" want. One side "bends" the rules to kill legislation because they don't want to take a chance on losing in the vote. (Which is what they are their to do right? Vote on legislation?) Then the other side (feeling wronged, and frustrated) decides to go the same route.

In the end we seem to have a pissing match that belittles us all. The people aren't truly represented by those they elected because legislation is "killed" before the elected representatives are able to even vote on it and we loose what little respect we had for who we elected.

The best recourse is to support grassroots efforts to remove elected officials from office that seek to subvert and pervert the system to keep legislation from reaching the floor. That goes all the way from the local level up to the Federal level.

Sorry... didn't mean to rant.

He is getting a permit because Crime in Memphis is spilling over in to Tipton County and he wants to be able to protect himself.

If he has people reading this board then good on him. Maybe he will see that there are quite a few of us out there that want this to pass, not that it does any good.

We have to rally and support the gun friendly candidates in our area regardless of party affiliation. If you have 2 democrats running and one is a friend to gun owners and the other isn't and you know your part of the town WILL NOT vote in a republican, hold your nose and vote for the democrat that will speak your mind.

The devil you know is better than the angel you don't.

Guest canynracer

It doesnt matter if he gets the permit...he WILL carry everywhere, and get away with it, cause he is a leech, just like Lutrell...."not good for everyone to protect themselves, but I can, and will carry EVERYWHERE"...idiots

Guest nj.piney

there has to be another motive for someone to leave the room just prior to a vote,

they had to know exactly what was going to happen with him there.

(putting tinfoil back on head)

Guest CrazyLincoln

You know, someone should really buy space a few billboards across the state and put Naifeh's personal information on it. Like his home address and cell phone number. And maybe he will understand how we feel.

Guest Old goat

Amazing, across the board. The one sided vote, Naifeh's move and some of the comments here. The problem is not Naifeh (and I am not a fan of his), its the political process in general. It has come to, and has been this way for a long time, no matter if it is good or bad, win. I think more times than not, if you dem. vote against the rep. and the reverse. Sad!

has anyone ( moderator preferrably) invited him to become a member of this forum?

Me thinks he is doing the HCP thing so he can say " well I have a permit and it does not bother me" when he does some something to trample upon us.

the guy is pretty much a tool.

Guest dotsun

We have to rally and support the gun friendly candidates in our area regardless of party affiliation. If you have 2 democrats running and one is a friend to gun owners and the other isn't and you know your part of the town WILL NOT vote in a republican, hold your nose and vote for the democrat that will speak your mind.

The problem is that if the dems keep their majority they will continue to vote Nerfy in as speaker. You could have every member of the house progun, but as long as Nerfy controls the committees they'll never get to vote on the bill. I believe we need the pubs to win 5 seats this year in order to have a majority, so get to volunteering for campaigns. :P

Guest GUTTERbOY
The problem is that if the dems keep their majority they will continue to vote Nerfy in as speaker. You could have every member of the house progun, but as long as Nerfy controls the committees they'll never get to vote on the bill. I believe we need the pubs to win 5 seats this year in order to have a majority, so get to volunteering for campaigns. :mad:

Not disputing your overall point that we need to get the majority and vote Naifeh out.. but if every member of the house was progun, then I don't think even Naifeh could keep bills in committee. After all, the committees are made up of House members, so wouldn't all the committees be 100% pro-gun, too? Excpet for Naifeh sitting in...

Anyway, hair-splitting concludes, proceed with previous discussion.

:P