Dems losing mind over new Voter ID laws...

Contact the local republican party in your county and suggest they help residents in your county's nursing homes with help getting updated ID cards... What did we do before the government? Oh yeah neighbors helped neighbors.

Trust me, they'll come and make sure everybody in that nursing home can vote, and if they need to get to a poll on election day will make sure they have a safe comfortable ride, and a warm cup of coco to drink on the ride.

My mother is in a nursing home, mind is good, body is failing as she must have assistance 24 hrs a day. Her driver lic has expired, which had no picture on it. She has never missed an election.

The election commission comes to the nursing home to vote the residents. With the new law, how is my mother going to vote? How are the other residents going to vote?

It is going to be very difficult to take her to get a Photo ID. Just renewing my HCP or TDL can take a couple of hours. There are many of the residents that do not have someone to take them to get their Photo ID.

Do these Legal Tennessee Residents, who have been productive voting members of society, deserve the right to keep exercising their right to vote without undue restrictions?

There are 3 nursing homes in my county, each have about 100 residents. This does not even address those people who are home bound for health reason and are being cared for by family members

What you and I, walking, driving, tobacco buying, alcohol drinking members of society, see as an inconvenience is a huge burden on many non-driving non-walking legal residents.

Maybe if we stood upright and straight, rather than leaning left or right, we could exercise being human.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mother is in a nursing home, mind is good, body is failing as she must have assistance 24 hrs a day. Her driver lic has expired, which had no picture on it. She has never missed an election.

The election commission comes to the nursing home to vote the residents. With the new law, how is my mother going to vote? How are the other residents going to vote?

It is going to be very difficult to take her to get a Photo ID. Just renewing my HCP or TDL can take a couple of hours. There are many of the residents that do not have someone to take them to get their Photo ID.

Do these Legal Tennessee Residents, who have been productive voting members of society, deserve the right to keep exercising their right to vote without undue restrictions?

There are 3 nursing homes in my county, each have about 100 residents. This does not even address those people who are home bound for health reason and are being cared for by family members

What you and I, walking, driving, tobacco buying, alcohol drinking members of society, see as an inconvenience is a huge burden on many non-driving non-walking legal residents.

Maybe if we stood upright and straight, rather than leaning left or right, we could exercise being human.

This is one of those exceptions that should be considered in the law. But, I would think that the nursing home could verify to the election folks that the residents are who they say they are. The real goal with the ID is to verify that those voting are who they say they are, and that they don't vote twice. I don't think anyone would scoff at the nursing home head certifying their identity.

Holder just nixed South Carolina's picture ID law that was supposed to go into effect first of the year.

But apparently TN's new law, which is pretty much identical, is not being challenged, due to SC already being on a list of states which must ask permission to change any voting laws because of past racial inequalities. I'm away on dialup, so can't find you a quick news link.

- OS

Holder just nixed South Carolina's picture ID law that was supposed to go into effect first of the year.

But apparently TN's new law, which is pretty much identical, is not being challenged, due to SC already being on a list of states which must ask permission to change any voting laws because of past racial inequalities. I'm away on dialup, so can't find you a quick news link.

- OS

So the lawless, corrupt, biased, EVIL Attorney General Holder and his corrupt "Justice" department passes judgement on South Carolina? Is that what we're saying here?

Guest bkelm18
So the lawless, corrupt, biased, EVIL Attorney General Holder and his corrupt "Justice" department passes judgement on South Carolina? Is that what we're saying here?

Well, no. If TN had a similar provision where we had to get federal approval to change voting laws I'm sure we'd be nixed too as with any other state since this law "hurts" the Dems more than the Repubs. Or at least that's what the Dems would say.

Guest lostpass
How can you make a statement such as this, repeatedly, without offering evidence, when others offer clear and convincing evidence to the contrary, to include:

Tenn. Voter Corruption Found Statewide - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Do you hold some sort of basic, religious belief involving the absence of voter fraud? If you were unable to continue this belief, would your head explode? Does someone in your immediate family hold elective office?

Please explain or elaborate upon your otherwise seemingly irrational maintenance of this view. Your persistence in this view in spite of evidence to the contrary leaves me, and perhaps others, befuddled and amazed.

Quiet down Dan. You are being fed the party line. But lets get to it.

First off, I can say about anything I want without evidence. That is the nature of a forum.

But before we get to that let us recall that voter fraud was espoused as the reason Bush was elected twice, Kennedy was elected and Obama was elected. So the trend is if the guy you don't support does't win it is voter fraud,

Everything is an opinion without evidence, right? I mean I can tell you are passionate about this, elections have been stolen from you and all.

Now carefully reread the story you linked. They gave five or six examples. And wrapped it up with "it could sway elections" It was all felons trying to vote and really, not a big deal.

I could give you plenty of links that talk about the prevalence of voter fraud but you would likely dismiss them and come back with stories of individual cases.

All of which is fantastic. I can come up with a bunch of stories about Loch Ness Monster sightings but the reality is that it doesn't exist on a level that matters.

GWB won because he got more votes than AL Gore, Obama didn't win thanks to fraud he won because no one wanted Hillary. And it wasn't that McCain was too liberal.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest klwehunt

Al Franken was elected U.S.senater in Mn. by something like 12 votes and later on after he was sworn in they found some voter fraud problems that would have went to Coleman by many more votes,so voter fraud is going on.

Guest nicemac

I saw a man from TN testifying in front of Congress a couple of months ago about what a hardship it would be for him to get an ID and vote in the upcoming election. I sat there, asking myself; "How did he get all the way to Washington DC without any form of ID?" And surely if he can go over 1,000 miles to testify what hardship it is, he can go a few short miles down the road to the county office and get a free ID.

Guest nicemac
I can cash a check ,buy alcohol, ammo and tobacco without a picture ID. In fact I can do all that without any ID.

Sure, you can do that in your little corner of the world. Travel a few miles from home and those things are no longer possible.

I am a Precinct Officer in Coffee County (5 yrs) and was an Officer in Maury County (7 yrs). Although I have not had the formal training on the new law it is my understanding that nursing home residents are exempt from the photo ID requirement. Sworn Officers travel to the facility during the Early Voting period and allow residents the opportunity to vote. If their address changed due to moving into the nursing home they are helped with the paperwork to get a new registration for their current precinct.

Believe me, I am not looking forward to the first election under this law! The voter ID law does not prohibit you from voting, per se. The person will fill out a Provisional Ballot (paper) instead of using the machine. The ballot is placed in a locked box that is delivered to the county election office when the polls close. It will be held for two days and if the person comes to the office with a valid ID their ballot will be added to the county"s count .

You would be amazed at the number of people who show up at any precinct expecting to vote and are dumbfounded that they have to go to the precinct assigned based on their address. Or haven't voted since the last Presidential Elecrtion, have moved, and never changed their address with the election commission. Often they are now in a different precinct and can't believe they can't vote where they did four years ago. Rant over and I don't feel a bit better!

Nice Mac, my post was to make the point that we have allowed this instant gratification culture to get out of hand. FYI my wife and I also have a residence in Mt Juliet and I can't cash a check there but she can at her bank. On the other hand I can buy alcohol without an ID there. I don't need to cash a check anywhere but my little bank here in my community. I get what I need just once every several weeks. For those times when away I have a visa with debit or credit capability. When we live for convenience someone will provide it then charge us for it.

As far as China is concerned I have bought alcohol and tobacco there without an ID. I think the word ammo is forbidden there.

Guest ThePunisher

No one should be against voter ID unless you have voter fraud on your mind. If anyone can get to the polls to vote, then they can get their ID made to prove their identity. Of all the countries that have democratic elections, America should not have any kind of voter fraud period.