Obama Signs Martial Law Bill: NDAA Now Law

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's shocking to me how many here don't understand how these things work. Spend some time actually reading the bill and its amendments. You'll find it to be not quite what the loons are spewing. No storm troopers are going to be kicking down your door. You'll be ok.

There's a name for that kind of thinking. But you are certainly free to do so. Hope the odor is to your liking.

This bill by itself does not seem that dangerous, but it is just 1 brick in the wall. Obama and Congress are building a framework that when all in place will completely change the US. Hell, he said that was what he was going to do.The last few years it has become obvious that John McCain is a very dangerous man. He seems to always come down on the side of less freedom.

Glenn

Guest 6.8 AR

The trouble with the primary system is that there is the process that allows

only so many people in the primary and money is the equalizer. We'll never

get to utopia, so the best thing to do is to promote people in your district

who espouse beliefs like ours. It's not as simple as that but it is a good start.

We tend to let others do our picking for us. should we really trust those folks?

Nope. That's why it is incumbent on all of us to be involved in the process,

as much as possible.

The way we pick our priorities is usually the culprit.

Things are about to change for all of us and we had no say in the process, only

because we chose not to. I am to blame as anyone else is. Priorities change all

the time.

Edited by 6.8 AR
Guest 6.8 AR

Well, other than Noam Chomsky, that stuff is pretty true. If you pay attention to what

Chomsky says, your head would explode after a while of exposure of his spew. He's

about as much of a scholar as Donald Duck.

Guest msparks
Reps who supported the NDAA and indefinite holding of American citizens without due process in TN...

1. * Lamar Alexander [R]
  2. * Bob Corker [R]
  3. * Roe, Phil [R]
  4. * Fleischmann, Chuck [R]
  5. * DesJarlais, Scott [R]
  6. * Cooper, Jim [D]
  7. * Black, Diane [R]
  8. * Blackburn, Marsha [R]
  9. * Fincher, Stephen [R]

Only two of our Congressmen voted against it, Steve Cohen [D] and John Duncan [R]. One Republican and one Democrat stood alone from all their colleagues and voted to protect the Bill of Rights. Every other representative for the State of Tennessee voted against the fifth amendment in the Bill of Rights.

Remember that on Election day.

Well Said

Guest klwehunt

If you folks will google oathkeepers they have a lot of good information about this subject, in fact some of you might consider joining.They are patriots that swear an oath not to ever do any harm to the constitution or the people.

I'm guessing none of you who are aghast by this law actually read any part of it? If you had, you would have seen the part where US citizens are exempt... GHASP. But that would mean those right wing propaganda spewing talking heads are full of ****! No! That can't be!

Seriously, this tin foil crap is really getting old. I've give up. Believe whatever you want. :D

Rush Limbaugh finally discussed this topic in-depth yesterday and he concluded that, yes, in fact, the document DOES state that it IS possible/allowable/permissible (whichever word you would like to use) for the U.S. Government to detain anyone (U.S. citizen included) without warrant, no habeas corpus, and indefinitely.

In fact, it has been stated by several sources that Obama was specifically the very one who demanded that this portion of the legislation be put/left in there.

He then issued a signing statement when signing the bill that said he promised to never use that portion of the bill.

Link - Statement by the President on H.R. 1540 | The White House

Interestingly, conservative tin-foil conspiracy jokes aside, the Daily KOS, Huffington Post and ACLU all agree that the bill does in fact authorize detention of American Citizens -

Link - Daily Kos: Politicususa.com Shills for Obama on Whether NDAA Military Detention Applies to American Citizens.

Link - Alton Lu: The National Defense Authorization Act: Our Disappearing Rights and Liberties

Link - Daphne Eviatar: Promises, Promises: President Obama's NDAA Signing Statement

One particular Obama Kool-Aid carrying site (linked below) emphatically denies such is the case, but even The Daily Kos calls them out on it (third link up) -

Link - Reality Check: Breaking Down Obama's NDAA Signing Statement

Now, if HuffPo, Daily Kos and others (sources that I can't believe I am naming) can see through this bill, why is it so hard to deny the possibility that what people are saying may be true?

Link - Promises, Promises: President Obama’s NDAA Signing Statement | Human Rights First

Link - Courthouse News Service

Michael Savage has also chimed in on the subject -

Link - » What does bill allowing military detention of U.S. citizens say?

As well as many others, and, as has been mentioned, if one does not have the ability to parse the English language, then they may obviously not fully grasp what the bill actually allows:

Myth busted: Yes, the NDAA does apply to Americans, and here's the text that says so

Link - Myth busted: Yes, the NDAA does apply to Americans, and here's the text that says so

Related -

Are You a Food-Storing Terrorist? A Gun Owner?

Link - Are You a Food-Storing Terrorist? A Gun Owner?*|*Vision to America

Storing food could get you labeled as a terror suspect

Link - Are You a Food-Storing Terrorist? A Gun Owner?

I'm guessing none of you who are aghast by this law actually read any part of it? If you had, you would have seen the part where US citizens are exempt... GHASP. But that would mean those right wing propaganda spewing talking heads are full of ****! No! That can't be!

Seriously, this tin foil crap is really getting old. I've give up. Believe whatever you want. :D

You're right. I give up too. You've shamed me into thinking like you. :rolleyes:

Guest ThePunisher

Rush Limbaugh finally discussed this topic in-depth yesterday and he concluded that, yes, in fact, the document DOES state that it IS possible/allowable/permissible (whichever word you would like to use) for the U.S. Government to detain anyone (U.S. citizen included) without warrant, no habeas corpus, and indefinitely.

In fact, it has been stated by several sources that Obama was specifically the very one who demanded that this portion of the legislation be put/left in there.

He then issued a signing statement when signing the bill that said he promised to never use that portion of the bill.

Link - Statement by the President on H.R. 1540 | The White House

Interestingly, conservative tin-foil conspiracy jokes aside, the Daily KOS, Huffington Post and ACLU all agree that the bill does in fact authorize detention of American Citizens -

Link - Daily Kos: Politicususa.com Shills for Obama on Whether NDAA Military Detention Applies to American Citizens.

Link - Alton Lu: The National Defense Authorization Act: Our Disappearing Rights and Liberties

Link - Daphne Eviatar: Promises, Promises: President Obama's NDAA Signing Statement

One particular Obama Kool-Aid carrying site (linked below) emphatically denies such is the case, but even The Daily Kos calls them out on it (third link up) -

Link - Reality Check: Breaking Down Obama's NDAA Signing Statement

Now, if HuffPo, Daily Kos and others (sources that I can't believe I am naming) can see through this bill, why is it so hard to deny the possibility that what people are saying may be true?

Link - Promises, Promises: President Obama’s NDAA Signing Statement | Human Rights First

Link - Courthouse News Service

Michael Savage has also chimed in on the subject -

Link - » What does bill allowing military detention of U.S. citizens say?

As well as many others, and, as has been mentioned, if one does not have the ability to parse the English language, then they may obviously not fully grasp what the bill actually allows:

Myth busted: Yes, the NDAA does apply to Americans, and here's the text that says so

Link - Myth busted: Yes, the NDAA does apply to Americans, and here's the text that says so

Related -

Are You a Food-Storing Terrorist? A Gun Owner?

Link - Are You a Food-Storing Terrorist? A Gun Owner?*|*Vision to America

Storing food could get you labeled as a terror suspect

Link - Are You a Food-Storing Terrorist? A Gun Owner?

There are over 90 million gun owners in America. Where could they detain 90 million people? Would the Grand Canyon be a big enough hole to put 90 million gun owners?

Guest ThePunisher
they don't need to detain all of us. When word gets around than owning a gun will cause you to disappear, how many will give up their guns?

Good Point.

How many snitches will start talking like little canaries, hey my neighbor has got a gun?

Guest 6.8 AR

I'm still wondering how many soldiers would

turn on their families and neighbors with an

order to start rounding up us redneck right

winged terrorists?

I heard Rush talk about that, also. He made

more sense than most have on it. I remember

saying to watch what Obama's other hand is

doing a while back. Still fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest ThePunisher
I'm still wondering how many soldiers would

turn on their families and neighbors with an

order to start rounding up us redneck right

winged terrorists?

I heard Rush talk about that, also. He made

more sense than most have on it. I remember

saying to watch what Obama's other hand is

doing a while back. Still fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet, because some don't like the republican nominee they will vote Obama in 4 more years. It's just unbelievable how gun owners are ready to turn in those new bought guns when they won't unite behind the nominee to send a strong message that this nation is not ready to succumb to Marxism. Rush usually does make more sense than most. You're right in not trusting Obie.

There are over 90 million gun owners in America. Where could they detain 90 million people? Would the Grand Canyon be a big enough hole to put 90 million gun owners?

People in England used to have guns. They don't anymore. It didn't happen overnight. Tanks didn't roll down the streets with soldiers knocking on doors collecting weapons at gunpoint. It happened little by little. So slowly that no one protested or noticed until it was all too late. Perhaps someone ratting on his neighbor, someone snitching on a relative. A guy found a gun buried in his garden and took it to the local police station. He's in prison now.

Now I have faith in our troops, but when a rogue government shuts down nationwide civilian and public communications, tells the troops that we are under attack, compartmentalizes things and doesn't allow troops to talk to anyone, telling them a certain group is a verified threat or terror cell... all kinds of things can happen. A regime could bring in only a few thousand U.N. troops or merc's and do a lot of damage. They don't have to put 90-million people in camps. An order to stay in your homes, travel restrictions and curfews all under the guise of national security accomplishes the same thing. Where are all the troops returning from Iraq? They're not sitting at their bases with gun in hand at the ready waiting to defend us from attack from within. It will come slowly and quietly. U.S. troops will be discharged, dispersed, given long leaves, sent home. After all, we're not 'at war'. Troops at home don't have access to tanks, humvee's, weapons lockers. Foreign black op's troops snuck in quietly in the dark of night or through Mexico will be armed and will be given 'authority' by a rogue regime.

Not that I think that any of this is happening, but... The point is that it could happen. So never say never. They said that God couldn't sink the Titanic. The moment you say stupid stuff like that, stuff happens.

picoweekf.jpg

Guest 6.8 AR
they don't need to detain all of us. When word gets around than owning a gun will cause you to disappear, how many will give up their guns?

I won't, but I know the kind of cowards that would.