Obama Signs Martial Law Bill: NDAA Now Law

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tommy62
This has been discussed ad nauseum. This bill isn't the boogeyman that some right wing propagandists would have you believe.

I think I see black helicopters.

The problem I have with this kind of stuff (the videos and those on radio, TV, etc) who pump out this kind of stuff is not that laws like this isn't serous or doesn't deserve attention; is that these talking heads seem to always forget that for any law passed and for any policy put in place; they can (at least almost) always be UNDONE and/or OVERTURNED by the next President or the next Congress. That is one of the strengths of our republic. It is also, of course, one of the weaknesses since anything 'good" done by one President/Congress can always be undone by the next.

Hence the quote: "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -Thomas Paine

Guest ThePunisher

Reminiscent of things that happened in Nazi Germany. Don't ever become content with big government. Tyranny is always around the corner creeping into your neighborhood.

Once a law or act is passed by big government, it becomes even harder to overturn that law or act. It is never done with a magic wand.

Edited by ThePunisher
Guest bkelm18
Shocking to me that so many here blow this off as "no big deal". Spend some time thinking about the ramifications of this action.

It's shocking to me how many here don't understand how these things work. Spend some time actually reading the bill and its amendments. You'll find it to be not quite what the loons are spewing. No storm troopers are going to be kicking down your door. You'll be ok.

Guest ThePunisher
It's shocking to me how many here don't understand how these things work. Spend some time actually reading the bill and its amendments. You'll find it to be not quite what the loons are spewing. No storm troopers are going to be kicking down your door. You'll be ok.

"You'll be ok" . Famous last words tyrants always want you to hear.

You know, it's not the fact that I think Obama will use this law, because I don't really think he will. It's that fact that at some point a President is going to use it, because he can and thinks it's a good idea.

BKHelm, it's actually already been done illegally several times before. Now it's just legal. Abraham Lincoln had the U.S. Army arrest and hold Southern sympathizing Maryland Legislators prior to the vote on whether or not Maryland would secede from the Union. When the Supreme Court stepped in and said that was illegal and ordered their release Lincoln ignored the order and held them until after the vote. Obviously it worked.

I believe that the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII was also illegal and was exactly what this law is now legalizing.

Edited by Moped
Guest ThePunisher
You know, it's not the fact that I think Obama will use this law, because I don't really think he will. It's that fact that at some point a President is going to use it, because he can and thinks it's a good idea.

BKHelm, it's actually already been done illegally several times before. Now it's just legal. Abraham Lincoln had the U.S. Army arrest and hold Southern sympathizing Maryland Legislators prior to the vote on whether or not Maryland would secede from the Union. When the Supreme Court stepped in and said that was illegal and ordered their release Lincoln ignored the order and held them until after the vote. Obviously it worked.

I believe that the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII was also illegal and was exactly what this law is now legalizing.

History is always a good resource to judge what has happened and what could happen again. History has a tendency to be repeated.

Guest bkelm18
that kind of tells me that this bill is no good.

There are plenty of laws already, they oughta be knocking some off te books rather then enacting new ones.

Of course it's no good. Most of the junk coming out of DC is bad. I just meant it isn't all about Storm Troopers and Labor Camps like the talking heads want you to believe.

Guest 6.8 AR
who does this bill benefit?

Since he thinks it's funny, guess I'll answer.

The government. You know, those people who

want you to feel safer, while taking away your

liberty.

If they gave a damn about our liberty they would

be nullifying a couple thousand laws already on

the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest 6.8 AR

It's looking like it's very close to running a lot

of politicians out of DC. I think that's why they

are passing all the crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk